Windows 10: 18 GB of ram reserved, how can I make more of it available?

Discus and support 18 GB of ram reserved, how can I make more of it available? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, any assistance would b appreciated. I've just installed 2 additional sticks of ram, all 4 sticks are exactly the same type and I now should have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chelseadesigns, Oct 1, 2020.

1. 18 GB of ram reserved, how can I make more of it available?

Hi, any assistance would b appreciated. I've just installed 2 additional sticks of ram, all 4 sticks are exactly the same type and I now should have a total of 32 GB of ram. However it's showing that 18 GB are reserved. How can I make more of this ram available?

18 GB of ram reserved, how can I make more of it available? bc9067cd-227e-4efa-a2fc-8f06d9fb8136?upload=true.png

:)

chelseadesigns, Oct 1, 2020

2. Hardware reserved problem (1.48 gb usable of 4gb ram)

I have 2 ram of 2gb, both are working but when i insert them in laptop, laptop shows only 1.48 gb usable and 2.5 gb hardware reserved. If i insert only 1 ram (no matter which one) then it shows 1.48 gb usable so the
    problem is even if i add my another ram it simply goes to hardware reserved. my laptop is hp pavillion g4 and i'm using windows 10 64 bit. Please help me on this.

ShubhamChauhan2, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Why is 8.1 GB reserved for hardware?

Recently I added 8 GB of ram to my machine so that it would run Photoshop more smoothly. But when I installed the memory and ran the program I realized that 8.1 GB of 16 GB is reserved for hardware making only 5 GB available to Photoshop which is not enough.
    So I wanted to know if there was a way to reduce the reserve and make more memory available to my system.

Machine specs.

Ryzen 1600

16 GB Crucial memory

2 TB hard drive

gtx 1050 ti

jerrygamer14, Oct 1, 2020
  4. WadePoh Win User

18 GB of ram reserved, how can I make more of it available?

Hardware Reserved RAM.

hi all,

I upgrade my window from 8.1 to window 10, and the usable ram only 3.2 GB.

But recently i upgrade also my RAM to 8 GB, but the only maintenance on 3.2 GB usable , and the remaining go through the hardware reserved (4.8 GB)

Anyway to solve this ??

WadePoh, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

18 GB of ram reserved, how can I make more of it available?

1. 18 GB of ram reserved, how can I make more of it available? - Similar Threads - ram reserved more

2. 5 GB of RAM being hardware reserved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5 GB of RAM being hardware reserved: Good Day, I have a problem where my pc is running really slow Its 8 GB ram when I check the Task Manager it shows that 90% of my RAM and CPU are being used and only 3.4 GB of RAM is usable, When I check the Resource Monitor It shows that 5 GB of my ram is being hardware...
  3. 5 GB of RAM being hardware reserved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5 GB of RAM being hardware reserved: Good Day, I have a problem where my pc is running really slow Its 8 GB ram when I check the Task Manager it shows that 90% of my RAM and CPU are being used and only 3.4 GB of RAM is usable, When I check the Resource Monitor It shows that 5 GB of my ram is being hardware...
  4. 5 GB of RAM being hardware reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 16gb ram available 7.88 gb usable

16gb ram available 7.88 gb usable: * Previous, nearly identical, thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-788-gb-usable/6ee14ae9-8a21-44b8-8c29-e9d4a667622b I have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to...
  6. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  7. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  8. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing

More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing: I have a fast W10 64bit 16GB RAM pc. Task Manager shows me around 900 MB used for Me as as user, no other user accounts on the pc, the list I can see also adds up to around that, "Everything" taking around 470 MB, Antimalware 140 MB, Windows Explorer 42 MB, etc., it quickly...
  10. make windows 10 keep ram reserve?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    make windows 10 keep ram reserve?: can we make windows 10 to hold some ram reserve always free for normal system functionality? i am using fl studio and kontakt 5, and im experiencing freezes of laptop sometimes because of hdd paging after all ram is used. 77195