Windows 10: 1803 Boot cycle problem

Discus and support 1803 Boot cycle problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win10Home64, Avast user (if that has any relevance). Bought new USB stick 32GB just for this job. It seems to be Fat32 as new. Twice ran through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by muymalestado, May 26, 2018.

1. 1803 Boot cycle problem

Win10Home64, Avast user (if that has any relevance). Bought new USB stick 32GB just for this job. It seems to be Fat32 as new. Twice ran through Brink's TUT on this solution. Twice after creating/downloading and during the 'setup' unknown error 0x80042405 - 0xA001A has stopped the process. Is this known, and is there any workaround? Would trying again after a re-format of the USB stick to NTFS be any use? Is it more likely the USB stick I bought is faulty? (It seems to accept file copies & deletes & formatting.)

Thanks for all efforts from the many who are working and reporting on this.
    Phil

:)

muymalestado, May 26, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 29, 2018
  3. win 10 starts normally then after minutes begins to cycle the desktop

Completed all steps. Checker tool found no problems. The DNS flush was completed.

Machine still cycles the desktop and doesn't allow any programs to run.

Since it does not cycle in safe mode, that suggests some background program is the problem. What program would cause a repeated resetting of the desktop?

Suggestions?

TedHammack, May 29, 2018
Thema:

1803 Boot cycle problem

1. 1803 Boot cycle problem - Similar Threads - 1803 Boot cycle

2. Cannot boot, endless powering cycling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot, endless powering cycling: I built a new pc, worked great, I installed windows 11 and everything. The issue was I didn't have the partitions set as I wanted. I had to delete all he partitions even the one with the os and boot. Now my pc will just power on, then power off, then power on, then off...
  3. Cannot boot, endless powering cycling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot, endless powering cycling: I built a new pc, worked great, I installed windows 11 and everything. The issue was I didn't have the partitions set as I wanted. I had to delete all he partitions even the one with the os and boot. Now my pc will just power on, then power off, then power on, then off...
  4. Will not Boot Windows 10 and the cycle of doom.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will not Boot Windows 10 and the cycle of doom.: One day My computer was running kinda slow so I tried to restart it. I clicked the command to do so and My computer was then stuck in a loading screen. That Blueish Halo present but not spinning. Nor were there any Text or information or even any warnings. After about ten...
  5. Pc starts a boot cycle while in windows

Pc starts a boot cycle while in windows: My pc has been working fine for about a year until a couple days ago I encountered a problem. I was playing a game, and right in the middle of it my pc turned off, and my pc started to restart automatically as soon as it turned off. It would do the normal, go into the start...
  6. Windows 10 update endless boot cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update endless boot cycle: After a Windows update, my computer is in endless boot cycle. "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC." In trying a system restore, I am unable to select the only disk that appears C:, so I cannot proceed....
  7. Windows Won’t Boot, Boot Cycles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Won’t Boot, Boot Cycles: Windows Won’t Boot, boot cycles System is a gigabyte b350 gaming, and 1700x. I’ve tried tons of different settings, uefi, legacy, secure boot, and at most it says preparing automatic repairs then boot cycles. I bought a new motherboard and installed windows just fine in that...
  8. Very Long Boot Cycle

Very Long Boot Cycle: i have two systems, one running Win 10 64 bit, the other Win 10 32 bit. The 64 bit system boots quickly; the 32 bit system very slow. Both systems have SSD for Windows. On the 32 bit system after POST once the Windows boot window appears, the rotating busy icon turns for a...
  9. Recent Windows Update Boot Endless Cycle

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recent Windows Update Boot Endless Cycle: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Home machine that recently went through a windows update and restarted. It now boots past the BIOS and goes through "Windows Updating" to "Windows Diagnosing/Repairing" boot loop. My computer uses an SSD so it is (I believe) impossible to get it to...
  10. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle: Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was...