Windows 10: 1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?

Discus and support 1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have 4 languages installed, but only want 2 of them as input methods (keyboard). In previous Windows 10 versions, there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AmigaRoots, May 6, 2018.

1. 1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?

Hello everyone,

I have 4 languages installed, but only want 2 of them as input methods (keyboard). In previous Windows 10 versions, there was a Language section in the Control Panel where input methods could be removed.

This section has been removed in 1803, and there's "Advanced Keyboard settings" in Settings, but I cannot find anything useful there:

1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages? [​IMG]

(not sure what are those hidden settings)

If I go to Region & language, select a language then Options/Keyboard, the keyboard cannot be removed (greyed out):

1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages? [​IMG]

I know I can remove the languages entirely but this will also remove the text-to-speech files, which I want to keep and use. If I type "input methods" on the start menu, a "Change input methods" entry appears, probably a remnant from the previous version. An error will appear when clicked: Windows cannot find 'Microsoft.Language'.

What an unnecessary mess...

:)

AmigaRoots, May 6, 2018
Thema:

1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?

1. 1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages? - Similar Threads - 1803 Cannot change

2. Cannot remove Microsoft bopomofo input method

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove Microsoft bopomofo input method: Hi, I have recently reinstalled my Windows system and I find that I have the Microsoft bopomofo input method which I neither chose it when installing Windows nor added after installing Windows.Then I tried to remove it in the language setting but in the keyboard section the...
  3. Cannot remove Microsoft bopomofo input method

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove Microsoft bopomofo input method: Hi, I have recently reinstalled my Windows system and I find that I have the Microsoft bopomofo input method which I neither chose it when installing Windows nor added after installing Windows.Then I tried to remove it in the language setting but in the keyboard section the...
  4. To remove unwanted language input methods.

in Windows 10 Customization
    To remove unwanted language input methods.: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Home, version 20H2. I've seen similar problems on the posts that posted 2 years ago on older version of Windows 10. There's still nothing I can do to remove the extra input languages. My question is how to remove those extra input methods?...
  5. Problem with language bar and input method

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with language bar and input method: Hi everyone, I have a little problem that is driving me nut, and I have no idea where to search to find solutions about it. First here is my "winver" window: [ATTACH] When I do Windows key + Space key, I got this menu that shows up: [ATTACH] As you probably know, that's...
  6. Cannot remove input language

Cannot remove input language: See also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cannot-remove-input-language-keyboard/b9e01e9e-6d72-407c-8c38-f61ae993db6c?messageId=8154fa8a-7534-4db4-8754-fcb549ac5bbd Hello, This is an issue in the win 10 May update (1903). en-uk...
  7. Remove Input Methods

Remove Input Methods: Hey everyone, I'm running into a bit of a difficulty attempting to remove input methods. I've already removed the languages and restarted a few times, but the input methods still remain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot of the issue below....
  8. Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area

Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area: Hello, is it possible to get rid of the input method icon which is located in the notifiaction area which shows the language abbreviation? Something like this: http://www.7tutorials.com/files/img/..._language6.png Why there are two languages, hence the icon, if in control...
  9. Remove input method without removing language?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove input method without removing language?: I have an Italian installation of Windows 10 Pro 1511, and I also have the Japanese IME and, thus, Japanese language installed in the control panel, BUT I needed to install English (UK) too, because all the Store apps that didn't support Italian used Japanese instead of...
  10. Phantom language input methods cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Phantom language input methods cannot be deleted: At one point I added a Greek polytonic keyboard method but had deleted it long ago. However it still shows up at lower right corner and can be switched into. I tried time and language setting and control pannel change language preference menu but Greek does not show up in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing change input methods 1803

2. change input methods missing

3. windows 10 delete input method

4. delete region language cannot remove greyed out windows 10,
  5. cannot delete input methods windows 10,
  6. change input methods not in control panel,
  7. change input methods 1803,
  8. 1803 remove keyboard in input methods,
  9. change input method on windows 10 1803,
  10. united states keyboard remove greyed out windows 10 1803,
  11. cannot remove input method