Windows 10: 1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

Discus and support 1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Do not go around the block: - Microsoft Community Side effects include not being able to wake from sleep. Go Back to 1709 under Settings >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SusanBradley, Apr 5, 2018.

1. 1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

Do not go around the block:

- Microsoft Community

Side effects include not being able to wake from sleep. Go Back to 1709 under Settings > Update & security > Recovery

SusanBradley, Apr 5, 2018
  2. jmich456 Win User

Hello,

I am getting this message when trying to update to 1803 "Cannot uninstall App: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display" Please uninstall manually and then refresh. I am getting this on 2 Alienware 17 R4 laptops.

I have uninstalled the amplifier program and both Intel and NVIDA graphics drivers to no avail. Any suggestions?

No it is not in the App and Features section.

:)

jmich456, Apr 29, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Laptop Render has N/a on current display mode and monitor

Hi kitetan11, this is a hybrid system - not a discrete video system. All video data passes through the Intel GPU on its way to the display panel, so the Intel GPU will ALWAYS show active.

The nVidia Control Panel should have an Optimus Setting.

nVidia Optimus is a technology that uses the on-board graphics when your system does not pull high GPU and only uses the nVidia card when you are playing games, video editing . . . etc.

Turn off Optimus and restart your system. This will force your system to only use the nVidia Card. Then open the DirectX control panel and see if it is reading your system correctly . . .

DaveM121, Apr 29, 2018
  4. DustinS. Win User

1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

windows 10 VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x00000119

Hello, Xircal.

Thank you for the reply. I have attempted performing a 'clean install' of the nvidia driver and as well as disabling windows updates. This seemed to improve the situation, but the error still occurs. I'm thankful that it is not as often as before, but this
    is still an issue. It appears to be isolated to devices running an Intel/Nvidia hybrid where there isnt a true discrete GPU. Maybe the same framebuffer issues that CentOS 7 was having?

This is pretty annoying.

DustinS., Apr 29, 2018
  5. bobrek Win User
    No help, but I am getting the same error with the same update on the same Alienware model.

bobrek, Apr 29, 2018
  6. FrancoDT Win User
    Same here on my Alienware M17 R4. Even had a new driver install for my Nividia Geforce GTX 1070 from device manager a little while ago and still no go.

FrancoDT, Apr 29, 2018
  7. bobrek Win User
    Mine is a brand new machine I just got at a charity auction Saturday night, so I have next to nothing extra installed on it. The only extras are the typical Windows updates.

bobrek, Apr 29, 2018
  8. loxley Win User

Yes my New Alienware 15 R4 arrived earlier today... and while installing the latest Windows upgrade now that 1803 is available, im getting that error.

I obviously don't want to Uninstall "hybrid laptops with discrete GPU connected to display" in order to continue - so I stopped the update and now I don't know what to do.

loxley, Apr 30, 2018
  9. zbook New Member
    Consider uninstalling the drivers > performing the upgrade > reinstalling drivers

zbook, Apr 30, 2018
  10. FrancoDT Win User
    Don't believe there is anything we can uninstall as the discrete GPU for our displays is our Nvidia video cards and we're not going to give those up. Hopefully Dell or Microsoft does a quick fix so we can get the 1803.

FrancoDT, Apr 30, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 30, 2018
  12. FrancoDT Win User
    Wonder if it would let us reinstall the driver if the 1803 takes without it.

FrancoDT, Apr 30, 2018
  13. bkraul Win User

Having same issue here. I have an Alienware 15 R3. Updated nVidia drivers and AW BIOS, no avail. Then thought that it was maybe the OSD software that allows to switch between discreet or power saving, so removed that as well, no avail. Considering uninstalling all graphics drivers....however, as @FrancoDT points out, not knowing whether 1803 will allow me to re-install after the upgrade is making me hesitate.

Currently posting on Windows Community, and was suggested to post feedback through the Feedback Hub app. Will report back with any details.

bkraul, Apr 30, 2018
  14. jmich456 Win User
    As I stated in my original post: I have already tried removing all graphics drivers (intel and Nvidia from Apps as well as from device manager). Bad oversight on Microsoft!

jmich456, Apr 30, 2018
  15. zbook New Member
    There is a 10 day window in which you can roll back.

Open the website for the computer manufacturer > enter the product or serial number or model > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread.

The beta log collector will collect useful information on the computer environment > post a zip into the thread for troubleshooting

zbook, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

1. 1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display - Similar Threads - 1803 Issue Hybrid

2. Discrete GPU not being used when laptop is connected to AC adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discrete GPU not being used when laptop is connected to AC adapter: Hi guysplease, please please can someone help. This has been stressing me out for a week and I’ve tried nearly every single fix suggested.I’ve been experiencing crashes on my laptop when playing games since I had the motherboard replaced due to a failed update. However, today...
  3. Discrete GPU not being used when laptop is connected to AC adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discrete GPU not being used when laptop is connected to AC adapter: Hi guysplease, please please can someone help. This has been stressing me out for a week and I’ve tried nearly every single fix suggested.I’ve been experiencing crashes on my laptop when playing games since I had the motherboard replaced due to a failed update. However, today...
  4. Display not connected to integrated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display not connected to integrated gpu: So I installed driver for Intel HD 4600 and in device manager there is this device, but when I go to my settings, it says connected to microsoft basic adapter...
  5. Display not connected to integrated gpu

Display not connected to integrated gpu: So I installed driver for Intel HD 4600 and in device manager there is this device, but when I go to my settings, it says connected to microsoft basic adapter...
  6. Display not connected to integrated gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Game didn't use the discrete GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game didn't use the discrete GPU: I have one game that runs just fine before but now it won't use discrete GPU no matter what I do it still won't use it, the game is Grounded Steam version it recently has a full release update and since then the game won't use a discrete GPU even though I force it to but the...
  8. Game didn't use the discrete GPU

Game didn't use the discrete GPU: I have one game that runs just fine before but now it won't use discrete GPU no matter what I do it still won't use it, the game is Grounded Steam version it recently has a full release update and since then the game won't use a discrete GPU even though I force it to but the...
  9. wudfhost.exe on discrete GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wudfhost.exe on discrete GPU: I'm trying to get wudfhost.exe to run on my discrete GPU. I've set this in the 'Graphics settings' in Windows 10, as well as in the Nvidia Control Panel, + set the discrete GPU as the preferred graphics processor globally (instead of the integrated GPU), yet it still doesn't...
  10. discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel): Hello, I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is...