Windows 10: 1803 problems solved re: sleep, Edge, some HP components failed

Discus and support 1803 problems solved re: sleep, Edge, some HP components failed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Used WinX Update Assistant to update 1709 and download 1803 into friend's new HP Elitebook G5 (great machine). Problems + Solutions 1. Would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Airider, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Airider Win User

1803 problems solved re: sleep, Edge, some HP components failed

Used WinX Update Assistant to update 1709 and download 1803 into friend's new HP Elitebook G5 (great machine).

Problems + Solutions

1. Would not sleep

+ downloaded all driver updates using HP Support Assistant

2. Edge component update or info failures

+ used Edge advanced settings to restrict data input (she uses Firefox, but Windows uses Edge to update unneeded apps), also restricted in main WinX Settings/Privacy (use Google to find detailed how.to)

3. HP installed several programs which failed ("stopped working")

+ we didn't need them, they don't affect the OS (found with Google) and simply uninstalled/deleted them

Even the anticipated Classic Shell issue was a non-issue: after 1803 update, simply clicked to make Classic Shell compatible with 1803

:)

Airider, Aug 17, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

How was this solved? Maybe it could help someone else, since there are numerous various problems with 1803 (and yes, I know many others have had no problems, as well).

rtwjunkie, Aug 17, 2018
  3. kastriot Win User
    Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

By disabling option "Enable VT-d" like i said above *Smile 1803  problems solved re: sleep, Edge, some  HP components failed :)

kastriot, Aug 17, 2018
  4. 1803 problems solved re: sleep, Edge, some HP components failed

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1803 problems solved re: sleep, Edge, some HP components failed

1. 1803 problems solved re: sleep, Edge, some HP components failed - Similar Threads - 1803 problems solved

2. Sleep Mode Problem Solved

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode Problem Solved: I've had problems on my desktop for some time and I want to thank everyone who tried to help.The problem was that my computer wouldn't come out of sleep mode if I was away for ten minutes or more and I had to shut it down to get it back. Someone on these forums suggested...
  3. Sleep Mode Problem Solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Mode Problem Solved: I've had problems on my desktop for some time and I want to thank everyone who tried to help.The problem was that my computer wouldn't come out of sleep mode if I was away for ten minutes or more and I had to shut it down to get it back. Someone on these forums suggested...
  4. Sleep Mode Problem Solved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some application components do not display properly, how to solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some application components do not display properly, how to solve this problem?: Some application components do not display properly. Such as calculator, the equal button do not displaySuch as paint, all menu options are not displayedWhen I change display mode from light mode to dark mode, through Settings > Personalization > Colors > Choose your mode,...
  6. Some application components do not display properly, how to solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some application components do not display properly, how to solve this problem?: Some application components do not display properly. Such as calculator, the equal button do not displaySuch as paint, all menu options are not displayedWhen I change display mode from light mode to dark mode, through Settings > Personalization > Colors > Choose your mode,...
  7. Program to check the components in the laptop if they have problems and solve them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program to check the components in the laptop if they have problems and solve them: Hello, I have appealed to the Microsoft Community to ask you to give me a program that will check all the components in the computer if they have problems and fix them. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  8. Windows 10 1803 solves a lot of problems with failed installs from 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 solves a lot of problems with failed installs from 1709: A message primarily for Andre de Costa, but hope it helps people anyway. Not really a question, more a point of interest. It seems that Windows 10 1803 is a lot better for installations than 1709 ever was. I thank you heartily for your help in the past regarding my issues...
  9. Some Questions re a "Failed" Driver Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Questions re a "Failed" Driver Update: Hi all Regarding "Failed" Driver Update: Intel - net - 10/31/2017 12:00:00 AM - 18.33.11.2 This thread seeks info about (and extending from) a driver update shown* (*Windows Settings > Update & Security > Installed Update History > Driver Updates) as "Failed to install...
  10. Microsoft Edge and Web Components

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and Web Components: Editor’s note: This is part two of a two-part series on Web Components by Microsoft Edge engineers Travis Leithead and Arron Eicholz. To read more about our viewpoint and background on web components, please see part one, “Bringing componentization to the web: An overview of...