Windows 10: 1803 Update Problems

Discus and support 1803 Update Problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please as 1803 update will not install on my laptop. There have been no end of attempts to do this each taking an age... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TC_LEEDS, Sep 6, 2018.

1. TC_LEEDS Win User

1803 Update Problems

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please as 1803 update will not install on my laptop. There have been no end of attempts to do this each taking an age and the end result is always the same "Restoring previous version of Windows". I have tried to turn off Widows Updates using Admin Tools/Services/Widows Updates buttery time I turn the laptop back on the updates have been re-enabled. This causes a major problem in that whilst using my mobile phone hotspot to access the internet on my laptop, the updates start downloading again using all my mobile data. Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this problem please.

TC

:)

TC_LEEDS, Sep 6, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 6, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

How was this solved? Maybe it could help someone else, since there are numerous various problems with 1803 (and yes, I know many others have had no problems, as well).

rtwjunkie, Sep 6, 2018
  4. 1803 Update Problems

update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1803 Update Problems

1. 1803 Update Problems - Similar Threads - 1803 Update Problems

2. Win update 1803 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win update 1803 problems: Every time there's a major update it breaks my computer and I have to revert to the stable version. Currently using 1709, build 16299.1087 on a Lenovo all-in-one Previous major updates resulted in ghost circles scrolling down the center of the screen and the mouse pointer...
  3. Problems with windows update 1803

Problems with windows update 1803: Hi everyone, I'm currently having problems with one of my budgeting software. Two weeks ago it was working fine however just two days ago it started giving me problems. All problems give me the same error message "Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset"....
  4. update 1803 to 1809 big problem

update 1803 to 1809 big problem: so the other day my system tried to update from 1803 to 1809 . when it went and restarted it went into a never ending reboot . After checking on the problem was told to recover to a restore point before the update but the update deleted all of them. So i found out how to...
  5. Windows 10 1803 updating problem

Windows 10 1803 updating problem: Hi to all, when i want to try update my windows 10 build 14393 to 1803 i encounter with a problem. update downloaded successfuly but after that windows stuck on the preparing to installation at 0% and do not do any thing!! can any one give an advice to me to solve the...
  6. windwos 10 1803 updating problem

windwos 10 1803 updating problem: Hi to all, when i want to try update my windows 10 build 14393 to 1803 i encounter with a problem. update downloaded successfuly but after that windows stuck on the preparing to installation at 0% and do not do any thing!! can any one give an advice to me to solve the...
  7. Windows 1803 update problems

Windows 1803 update problems: Hello, I've had problems with the April update 1803 on my desktop computer since it first started rolling out. At first it would go through the installation process, stopping at a black screen mid-installation, at which point I would restart the computer then it would...
  8. Lots of problems after 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of problems after 1803 update: Hi, I'm having these problems for months now. Before I get another set of generic solutions let me say that I tried lots of procedures, none of them worked. The only thing that works is a full clean reinstall while holding back on 1803 update. First I'm gonna list the...
  9. Problems with update build 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with update build 1803: Hi all, I have severe problems with this new 1803 build update.. I updated it via regular Windows update and i get nothing but trouble with it so far. First the UAC ( user account control) didn't work properly which works later, now Windows defender keeps telling me that...
  10. Problem starting games since the 1803 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem starting games since the 1803 update: Since the 1803 update I've been getting intermittent failures to start Steam and Origin Games. I get the error message:_ "DirectX failed to initialise. This game requires at least a DirectX11-level graphics card, and a version of Windows which supports DirectX11 (WindowsXP...