Windows 10: 1803 update, wi-fi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Discus and support 1803 update, wi-fi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm usually able to quickly fix up all the things Windows 10 updates break whenever they are released, but this time I'm stumped. As the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HotelSix, May 14, 2018.

1. HotelSix Win User

1803 update, wi-fi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Hello there,

I'm usually able to quickly fix up all the things Windows 10 updates break whenever they are released, but this time I'm stumped.

As the title says, promptly after the 1803 update (which was installed on the morning of May 13th in my case) every 10-15 minutes my wi-fi completely disconnects and then reconnects a moment later. I can manually reconnect before Windows gets around to it if I want, as the connection itself is in perfect order; my phone has no issues staying connected and the router stands proud with all lights green.

I have tried pretty much every solution I have been able to find online, except for stuff that involves registry editing or a complete system restore as I don't hope that would really be necessary, but no luck still.

I apologize if I'm not offering enough information for anyone to suggest a solution, but please ask away if you wish - I'm rather confused about this situation, and only made this account just now to ask for help.

I suppose I would also like to ask if anyone else is experiencing this, and if it is simply up to Microsoft to release a hotfix instead of me trying to repair something that I can't rightly do anything about?

Thanks in advance.

:)

HotelSix, May 14, 2018
  2. sinkez Win User

Unable to reconnect to Wi Fi after disconnecting it

hi, Wi-Fi will ONLY CONNECT ONCE to a modem

the issue is: if I disconnect the Wi-Fi, it will disconnect. BUT IT WILL NOT RE-CONNECT without a full restart. it just lags & freezes = even the same Wi-Fi that was using.

I know its not the modem as my old PC would disconnect & re-connect many times

its very simple Wi-Fi , no VPN , just personal home use

ta, mark

Original Title: re-connecting to wi-fi

sinkez, May 15, 2018
  3. X7Owner Win User
    X7: Wi-Fi will not stay disconnected

I am having issues keeping my X7 disconnected to my wi-fi network. I disconnect it and it reconnects itself even though I have set:

Menu > settings >connectivity >

1. Wi-Fi > Options > settings > show wi-fi availability > never

2. settings > switch to wi-fi > manual

And while I'm at it, how do I remove known networks? Maybe that will stop it if I remove the "known" network...

Any help appreciated...

X7Owner, May 15, 2018
Thema:

1803 update, wi-fi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

1. 1803 update, wi-fi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting - Similar Threads - 1803 update keeps

2. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on Windows 11: I’ve noticed my power saving option is nowhere to be found on my windows 11I had to resort to the registry edit to even see power management settings,https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/power-management-on-network-adaptermy internet still...
  3. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on Windows 11: I’ve noticed my power saving option is nowhere to be found on my windows 11I had to resort to the registry edit to even see power management settings,https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/power-management-on-network-adaptermy internet still...
  4. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.: My wifi keeps disconnecting whenever I am playing any online games. Upon restarting the PC the wifi driver vanishes as if it was never installed and there is no option to connect to wifi. Restarting the wifi router also didn't help. What could be the issue and how do i fix...
  5. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  6. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  7. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have an ASUS Vivobook Flip 14, the Wi-Fi keeps on disconnecting. My drivers are all updated and having read some solutions to others having solutions I also tried them yet the problem persists. The device is on maximum performance, I have checked power management...
  8. Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and I am not able to watch any streaming services smoothly because of that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Network drivers manually, I tried unchecking the power management box, I even tried connecting...
  9. wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects: hi ! the question is in the title ! best regards ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-connection-repeatedly-disconnects-and/04a11209-a950-4c27-9668-2fd4d083b040
  10. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for a long time and reconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for a long time and reconnects: I have this problem where my Wi-Fi connection will randomly disconnect and I'll need to go reconnect it myself because it takes too long to reconnect by itself. When I bought my laptop it didn't do this, but a few months ago it started and I'm getting pissed off. I'm running...