Windows 10: 1804 update made my computer slower than a 286

Discus and support 1804 update made my computer slower than a 286 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everything takes forever. Clicking on a file in Explorer causes a "Not responding" message to appear sometimes for as long as 30 seconds before it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shootr56, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Shootr56 Win User

1804 update made my computer slower than a 286

Everything takes forever. Clicking on a file in Explorer causes a "Not responding" message to appear sometimes for as long as 30 seconds before it finally selects the file. Web pages are delayed from 10 to 30 seconds. Sometimes programs don't start at all. I have a fast computer with 16g of memory installed. It's not my system. It worked fine before the update. There are really too many problems to list here. HELP!

:)

Shootr56, Nov 7, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Nov 7, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 1804 update made my computer slower than a 286 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 7, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. 1804 update made my computer slower than a 286 - Similar Threads - 1804 update made

2. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  3. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  4. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  6. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  7. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  8. My computer is slower than how fast I run.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is slower than how fast I run.: Specs: Microsoft Windows 10 home build 19042 Intel i5-8400 8GB RAM 1TB HDD only (there is an nvme ssd inside but it doesn't work) Nvidia GTX 1050 It takes 5 minutes to boot up. I have only a few light startup programs (lightshot, java update scheduler, wondershare studio,...
  9. computer internet slower than iPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer internet slower than iPad: For some reason, my internet on my computer is slower than my iPad 7th gen. Is there a fix or a better driver for my Dell Inspiron N5050? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be: Hi, last summer I built a pretty good desktop, 16gb RAM, 4 core AMD, NVIDIA 1060, etc. But it just feels so slow, right now it is orders of magnitude slower than my other laptop, which isn't half as good (8 gb RAM, 4 core intel, internal GPU). On my desktop, programs take...