Windows 10: 1809 breaks network browsing?

Discus and support 1809 breaks network browsing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The system that hosts the shares had W10 Professional, version 1803 (host01) and the remote system W10 Professional version 1809 (host02). Browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cr00zng, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Cr00zng Win User

1809 breaks network browsing?

The system that hosts the shares had W10 Professional, version 1803 (host01) and the remote system W10 Professional version 1809 (host02). Browsing network on the local/remote system showed the shares, but on the remote PC, accessing required UID/PWD.

Updating the host01 to version 1809 with the shares changed network browsing, or rather disabled it. Neither host01, nor host02 showed any shared resources and for that matter, the host01's name did not even show up in network browsing on either PCs. Host02 with no shared resources on the other hand showed up in both PCs network browsing.

Adding the host01's shares via "Add a network location", \\host01\resource_name" required UID/PWD and did show up in Windows Explorer, but not in network browsing. Each and every shared resource had to be added on the same way. Once done, no issues with browsing the shared folders, but they still did not show up in network browsing.

Rolling back host01 to version 1803 enabled host02 to view the shares in network browsing, same as prior to the 1809 update.

Anyone else experiencing network browsing issues?

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Oct 4, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 4, 2018
  4. 1809 breaks network browsing?

Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1809 breaks network browsing?

1. 1809 breaks network browsing? - Similar Threads - 1809 breaks network

2. Defender breaks iCloud Private Relay private browsing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender breaks iCloud Private Relay private browsing: I’ve installed Microsoft defender for individuals on iOS on iPad and iPhone. It disrupts Safari”s iCloud private relay function which hides my IP address and anonymizes my web activity … the new Defender breaks this and de-anonymizes my IP address so my browsing and IP...
  3. Network Browsing, or Not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Browsing, or Not: In another thread, Mr. Ed observed that the Windows network browsing service is intentionally disabled in Windows 10. Windows network browsing (My Network Places, Network Neighborhood) is wholly dependent on SMBv1. SMBv1 is not enabled in Windows 10 and therefore Windows...
  4. 1809 network issues

1809 network issues: After upgrading and performing a clean install of version 1809, I am unable to see other computers on the network. I can ping other computers successfully but the computers do not appear in Windows Explorer. I have both Function Discovery services set to automatic as well as...
  5. 1809 Update Breaks iCloud

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 Update Breaks iCloud: iCloud users should note this before upgrading. More evidence of poor testing? https://www.techradar.com/news/windo...-broken-icloud 121959
  6. Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge: I just updated my corporate Surface Pro to the 1809 update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant, now Edge cannot access internet sites. It does access internal intranet sites. Google Chrome, Firefox and IE still function as expected. Anyone else have similar issue?? I'm...
  7. Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update breaks Edge: I just updated my corporate Surface Pro to the 1809 update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant, now Edge cannot access internet sites. It does access internal intranet sites. Google Chrome, Firefox and IE still function as expected. Anyone else have similar issue?? I'm...
  8. 1803 breaks network drives?

1803 breaks network drives?: Here's something that forced a rollback from the Windows 10 version 1803 update. After installing the update, I could no longer write to or reach a USB flash drive that was being used as a network drive through a Linksys router. All attempts to solve this failed, and...
  9. 1803 breaks network drives?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1803 breaks network drives?: Here's something that forced a rollback from the Windows 10 version 1803 update. After installing the update, I could no longer write to or reach a USB flash drive that was being used as a network drive through a Linksys router. All attempts to solve this failed, and...
  10. Can't browse network shares?

Can't browse network shares?: After 1511 update this morning and changing nothing else, I can no longer access \\computername.... What gives? Any suggestions? 30384

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1809 broke my network shares in 2019

2. windows 10 1809 broken network shares

3. network share broken 1809