Windows 10: 1809 caused me to reinstall BIOS

Discus and support 1809 caused me to reinstall BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed 1809 last week as an inplace-upgrade with the media creation tool. Installation went fine with no Problems, all files are there afterwards.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by peterlueftner, Oct 9, 2018.

1. 1809 caused me to reinstall BIOS

I installed 1809 last week as an inplace-upgrade with the media creation tool.
    Installation went fine with no Problems, all files are there afterwards.
    I found one huge Problem:
    Every time i tried to wake the rig from Sleep it did a reboot instead of a wake!
    That caused me to search for many hours, what did the reboot.
    Finally, i had to reinstall the bios, since then, all ist fine again.
    So did the update to 1809 destroy the bios?

:)

peterlueftner, Oct 9, 2018

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Oct 9, 2018
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

1809 caused me to reinstall BIOS

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1809 caused me to reinstall BIOS

1. 1809 caused me to reinstall BIOS - Similar Threads - 1809 caused reinstall

2. Reinstalling windows thru bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows thru bios: I have a problem where I need to reinstall Windows but I don’t have acess to my pc so i have to do it thru bios and don’t know where to start, and do I need to unistall first and if I do how can i do this. Please help...
  3. Reinstalling windows thru bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling windows thru bios: I have a problem where I need to reinstall Windows but I don’t have acess to my pc so i have to do it thru bios and don’t know where to start, and do I need to unistall first and if I do how can i do this. Please help...
  4. Reinstalling windows thru bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS: I am having issue upgrading to windows 11I was able to correct my PC's TPM 2.0 issue,But, when I did the secure boot option enabled. My PC won't load my windows, it just keeps looping back to my BIOS.I don't know what to do. And I don't have the extra money to pay for an...
  6. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS: I am having issue upgrading to windows 11I was able to correct my PC's TPM 2.0 issue,But, when I did the secure boot option enabled. My PC won't load my windows, it just keeps looping back to my BIOS.I don't know what to do. And I don't have the extra money to pay for an...
  7. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

8. Reboot causes reinstall

Reboot causes reinstall: When I reboot PC Windows 10 Pro does a reinstall I think. My desktop is wiped out, printer, browser, and other apps are replaced by Microsoft's defaults. Very, very annoying and time consuming. How do I prevent this from happening?...
  9. Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.: I am not sure which forum to post this problem so hope a mod can move it if needed. Not experienced in these matters and do not wish to brick my PC. When I start up the PC the BIOS starts and then the screen shows to Enter F1 to enter setup. The BOIS shows as notify on fault...
  10. Reinstall Win 10 1809

Reinstall Win 10 1809: I did a clean install of Win 10 1809 at the beginning of October, when it was first released. Of course, then it was pulled and now it is released again. Now that it has been re-released, is it best to do another clean install, or would the new cumulative update be just as...