Windows 10: 1809 Didn't Delete my files, but STAY or ROLLBACK?

Discus and support 1809 Didn't Delete my files, but STAY or ROLLBACK? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since my Windows 10 Feature updates typically have been okay I upgraded my 3 PCS... only to learn some people are having data loss issues. My only PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The Pool Man, Oct 7, 2018.

1. 1809 Didn't Delete my files, but STAY or ROLLBACK?

Since my Windows 10 Feature updates typically have been okay I upgraded my 3 PCS... only to learn some people are having data loss issues. My only PC that holds such data is external HD backed up and Google Backup and Sync'd as well. That said --

-- would you rollback anyway? Is it too dangerous to keep?

(I fear a rollback could create it's own issues sometimes.)

Opinions appreciated

:)

The Pool Man, Oct 7, 2018

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 7, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

1809 Didn't Delete my files, but STAY or ROLLBACK?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1809 Didn't Delete my files, but STAY or ROLLBACK?

1. 1809 Didn't Delete my files, but STAY or ROLLBACK? - Similar Threads - 1809 Didn't Delete

2. File Manager Deleted Files Stay on the Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Manager Deleted Files Stay on the Screen: I am cleaning up my computer. I did a search of all .jpg files on drive C:, sorted by date. Then I try to delete groups of files. I select them and then I hit Shift Del. The dialog comes up asking if I want to permanently delete them. I acknowledge it and then seemingly...
  3. Rollback to 1809 or wait for 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback to 1809 or wait for 1909: So I installed 1903 and now I have issues with my GPU and audio, found that out after I got rid of the rollback data. I got the iso for the March 2019 release of 1809 from the tech bench. Though now I'm wondering if I should wait for 1909 to see if that fixes my issues and...
  4. Didn't save a file, then accidentally deleted it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Didn't save a file, then accidentally deleted it.: Hi, I'm in a rush because this work is due tomorrow. So basically, I accidentally lost work that I thought I had saved, and when I opened word again for something else it told me that I had unsaved documents, and for some reason my stupid self just deleted them. I just...
  5. How to rollback from 1809 to 1803.

How to rollback from 1809 to 1803.: Hi. I downloaded w1809 with no option. Can I revert to 1803 please, as my pc has slowed to a stop. My mouse is sluggish, and keyboard will not keep up with me. ***Modified title from: 1809***...
  6. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: Windows update 1809 installed automatically on Feb 9th. It lost all of my files. I found them and copied them back to My Documents/Pictures?videos etc. I also set up Outlook again. On Feb 12th an update happened again and all files were gone. Outlook also lost my profile...
  7. Rollback change OS from 1809 to 1803

Rollback change OS from 1809 to 1803: Kept trying understand why I wasn't able to install 1809 updates and found out that 1809 had got rolled back to 1803 when I got an 1803 update. I rolled back KB4471332 when it disabled remote desktop. Can someone help me understand what MS is doing? Things seem to be going...
  8. October 2018 1809 update deleted my folders and files

October 2018 1809 update deleted my folders and files: October 2018 1809 update deted my folders and files Support and MS Store cannot restore them. Years of important personal health records and financial information is gone. Support does not think any new release will retrieve my files. I cannot get to anyone at Corporate to...
  9. Feasibility of rollback from 1809 to 1804 to prevent file deletion.

Feasibility of rollback from 1809 to 1804 to prevent file deletion.: I updated to 1809 from 1804 before becoming aware of the file delete snafu. What can you (I) do to insure my files are not deleted? Can I safely rollback to 1804 from 1809? Have you verified this operation?...
  10. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: I installed a new built update for the 1809 set. Well, I found out after my computer restarted that two folders that i had created were deleted. Well, i just restored back to the earlier build of 1803 only to find out that the folders are visible but i get a message stating...