Windows 10: 1809 installed but no restart scheduled

Discus and support 1809 installed but no restart scheduled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, We have WSUS 2016 and clients configured via GPO. We have approved 1809 update for installation, and it is installed on the computers, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tomáš Bohuněk, May 2, 2019.

1. 1809 installed but no restart scheduled

Hi there,

We have WSUS 2016 and clients configured via GPO. We have approved 1809 update for installation, and it is installed on the computers, but there is no restart scheduled and if we just restart the computer (shutdown /r), the update doesn't get installed. We have to manually click in the Settings -> Windows Update -> Restart now, which is obviously a no go.

1809 installed but no restart scheduled 56d68939-42d3-4b64-9ff1-d52c6e74c0fc?upload=true.jpg

The GPO settings are configured as below and we can't seem to find any way to set it right. We had no problems with 1803.

Help appreciated!

Tomas

Policy Setting Comment
    Allow Automatic Updates immediate installation Enabled
    Allow non-administrators to receive update notifications Disabled
    Allow signed updates from an intranet Microsoft update service location Enabled
    Automatic Updates detection frequency Enabled
    Check for updates at the following
    interval (hours): 1
    Policy Setting Comment
    Configure Automatic Updates Enabled
    Configure automatic updating: 4 - Auto download and schedule the install
    The following settings are only required and applicable if 4 is selected.
    Install during automatic maintenance
    Scheduled install day: 0 - Every day
    Scheduled install time: 01:00
    If you have selected “4 – Auto download and schedule the install” for your scheduled install day and specified a schedule, you also have the option to limit updating to a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly occurrence, using the options below:
    Every week
    First week of the month
    Second week of the month
    Third week of the month
    Fourth week of the month
    Install updates for other Microsoft products
    Policy Setting Comment
    Enable client-side targeting Enabled
    Target group name for this computer Pilots
    Policy Setting Comment
    Specify intranet Microsoft update service location Enabled
    Set the intranet update service for detecting updates: http://xxx:8530
    Set the intranet statistics server: http://xxx:8530
    Set the alternate download server:
    (example: http://IntranetUpd01)
    Download files with no Url in the metadata if alternate download server is set. Disabled

:)

Tomáš Bohuněk, May 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 2, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Restart is scheduled

I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as being ready to install. The only updates I have listed as installed are for Defender. I didn't have this problem this morning. Anyone else getting this?

Winuser, May 2, 2019
  4. 1809 installed but no restart scheduled

little cat, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1809 installed but no restart scheduled

1. 1809 installed but no restart scheduled - Similar Threads - 1809 installed restart

2. Tweaking a Scheduled Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking a Scheduled Restart: I didn't see a category that this question fit so I'm posting it here in the General category. Windows 10/64 Home and Pro Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) I have added a task in task scheduler on all my Windows 10 PCs to restart each PC at a specific time every day. An...
  3. Task Scheduler - Windows 10 1809 Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler - Windows 10 1809 Image: One task has been scheduled to run at startup. But it is not running. After playing around it, I found out that it runs once it has been either executed manually or another trigger like run at logon / scheduled for a particular time. It is not getting that first kick off...
  4. scheduled task restart & logon

in Windows 10 Support
    scheduled task restart & logon: It is often the case that when I come to work in the morning and wake-up my desktop, automated programs get triggered and really slow down my computer and I can’t really do efficient work for a while, sometimes an hour or so. These include full disc scans mandated by the...
  5. Update 1809 downloads but install does not start on restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1809 downloads but install does not start on restart: Lenovo Yoga 910 I7 x64 with Win 10 1803 Ran updates today. Win 10 1809 was downloaded. In View Update History it indicates it was downloaded and waiting for a restart. $Windows.~BT created today exist on the C: drive I have done 2 restarts and it has not started to...
  6. schedule restart by windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    schedule restart by windows: my win is not enabling schedule restart option.....after recent updates installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/schedule-restart-by-windows/cd805d68-3190-4332-869a-800d6f16eeda
  7. Notify to Schedule Restart - Time

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notify to Schedule Restart - Time: I'm currently deciding whether to upgrade to Windows 10 or not from Windows 8.1. The main thing that will prevent me from upgrading is whether I can regain some form of control over automatic restarts after automatic windows updates. I understand from doing some research...
  8. Notify to schedule restart

Notify to schedule restart: How do I set "Notify to schedule restart"? I used to have my W10IP set to this, but now I can't find it anywhere in the useless "phone GUI" Settings screen. Has MS removed this from W10? 70107
  9. Restart is scheduled

Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...
  10. Re-scheduled restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-scheduled restart: New HP Envy 17" only had it a week. Settings>update & security> windows updates. The schedule restart is set for 03.30 but my PC is switched off over night, so every morning it wants to restart 5 minutes after I log on. I can't seem to change that setting, it's greyed out....