Windows 10: 1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?

Discus and support 1809: Is Windows To Go still broken? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the initial wave of reports for things that were broken in the first release of 1809, there was included a fatal BSOD on attempting to boot Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mike s, Dec 27, 2018.

1. mike s Win User

1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?

In the initial wave of reports for things that were broken in the first release of 1809, there was included a fatal BSOD on attempting to boot Windows To Go:

1809: Is Windows To Go still broken? [​IMG]

It is related to WppRecorder.sys, affected both "official" and "unofficial" To Go installs, and was only apparent when the boot device was an external USB drive/enclosure supporting UASP. It was raised in some of the MS community threads at that time.

Three workarounds have been circulated which seem to work, at least for now:

• Delete WppRecorder.sys prior to boot, and replace with the corresponding file from 1803.
    • Disable UASP globally by renaming uaspstor.sys prior to boot.
    • Disable UASP for the affected boot device via the registry of the ToGo install.
    I have used the fist method and confirm that it works for me.
    I have been checking the "fixes" in the re-release of 1809 and the subsequent patches, and do not see mention of this issue either specifically, or by reference to the offending drivers.
    Is this on MS's radar?

:)

mike s, Dec 27, 2018
  2. mike s Win User

In the initial wave of reports for things that were broken in the first release of 1809, there was included a fatal BSOD on attempting to boot Windows To Go:

1809: Is Windows To Go still broken? [​IMG]

It is related to WppRecorder.sys, affected both "official" and "unofficial" To Go installs, and was only apparent when the boot device was an external USB drive/enclosure supporting UASP. It was raised in some of the MS community threads at that time.

Three workarounds have been circulated which seem to work, at least for now:

• Delete WppRecorder.sys prior to boot, and replace with the corresponding file from 1803.
    • Disable UASP globally by renaming uaspstor.sys prior to boot.
    • Disable UASP for the affected boot device via the registry of the ToGo install.
    I have used the fist method and confirm that it works for me.
    I have been checking the "fixes" in the re-release of 1809 and the subsequent patches, and do not see mention of this issue either specifically, or by reference to the offending drivers.
    Is this on MS's radar?

mike s, Dec 27, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. 1809: Is Windows To Go still broken? - Similar Threads - 1809 still broken

2. Fresh Windows 10 - Still Broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Windows 10 - Still Broken?: I was having some major issues over the past couple of days and just found out that some recent update(s) crippled some people's computers. I thought I was having hardware issues but everything tested fine (game crashes, BSOD, SFC saying the errors it found could not be fixed...
  3. Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809: Upgraded to version 1903 on my Acer laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home 1809). After everything completed and rebooted, I checked the version in Settings and it still shows version 1809, but the Updates display offers the next release 1909. I used another utility to check...
  4. Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809: Upgraded to version 1903 on my Acer laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home 1809). After everything completed and rebooted, I checked the version in Settings and it still shows version 1809, but the Updates display offers the next release 1909. I used another utility to check...
  5. Is Win10 1809 still available?

Is Win10 1809 still available?: We have tested 1903 on some of the computers in the company and it has a "known issue" with one of the software packages we need to run. The problem is, we also have quite a few PCs running 1803, and one in particular that has some problems that I'm hoping might be solved by...
  6. After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store: After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store. Dell Inspiron 13 5368 Windows Home 1809 I can't install any apps from the Store and the some that I don't want won't uninstall. I need some help here. I did: - run troubleshooter - check...
  7. File associations still broken in build 1809 for local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    File associations still broken in build 1809 for local user: Still having sporadic file associations getting dropped. But, the most annoying thing is that I can't set Chrome as my default browser. When I do, double clicking on an .URL shortcut says "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action..."...
  8. Laptop still waiting for 1809

Laptop still waiting for 1809: My Surface 3 updated to 1809 from 1803 a few weeks ago but my main laptop running Windows 10 Home is still waiting and despite constantly checking 'updates' I'm told it's up to date when it's not. Completely updated system. Will it come, or will I have to somehow find it...
  9. 1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?: In the initial wave of reports for things that were broken in the first release of 1809, there was included a fatal BSOD on attempting to boot Windows To Go: [img] It is related to WppRecorder.sys, affected both "official" and "unofficial" To Go installs, and was only...
  10. 1809 BSOD Windows To Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1809 BSOD Windows To Go: After installing Windows To Go 1809, I have a BSOD: DRIVER_UNLOADED_PENDING_CRASH (WppRecorder.sys) I tried to run various methods such as Driver Verifier, reinstallation of WTG from the Media Creation Tool's ISO or retail. I also rebuilt boot manager but the system still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wpprecorder.sys 1803 download

2. wpprecorder 1803