Windows 10: 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

Discus and support 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kjlkjadfasdfasd, Dec 9, 2018.

1. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep, it won't wake no matter what I do locally or remotely (via RDP or TeamViewer). It's interesting that the most recent patch (17763.168) includes this fix:

• Addresses an issue that displays a black screen on some servers when waking a display from sleep.
    But I'm still having the issue. At first I thought maybe it was the display going bad, but it's fine outside of Windows. Once it happens the only way I can get the display to come back is to power cycle the machine.

I have an Nvidia 1050 Ti card with the latest driver (417.22 from December 3rd). I checked the Nvidia site for firmware, since I know there was a DisplayPort 1.3/1.4 issue that could cause this a while back. But I ran their updater utility from June and it said I was current. I checked Dell's website for any firmware updates for the display, and there are none. The BIOS on the machine is current.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

kjlkjadfasdfasd, Dec 9, 2018

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 9, 2018
  4. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

1. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes - Similar Threads - 1809 waking display

2. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  3. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  4. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  5. Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.: What is causing this to occur? I can't pin down any circumstances that make it work or not. Sometimes if I hit a key on the keyboard, it will wake the PC, other times not. But clicking the mouse always wakes it. And the mouse is plugged in to the keyboard, then there are two...
  6. wake up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wake up from sleep?: I can't wake up my computer from sleep be clicking the mouse or using the keyboard. I have tried everything and all the settings in device manager are set the same as my other computer and that one works fine....
  7. Wake up from sleep

Wake up from sleep: Hi My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen. I have to force a restart. What am I doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/c338a9d8-9ad1-4408-ac39-f86c54be1119
  8. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  9. Wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up from sleep: Sirs, Windows 10 Version 1809 is very slow to recover from 'sleep'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/98c1ef70-18db-42b8-84c2-8c43d679e85b
  10. Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep

Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep: I have an Acer Aspire E15. Sporadically, the laptop doesn't wake when I open the lid. I can hear it starts to buzz but the display won't turn on. I have to hard reset it via holding the power button. Any help appreciated!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asrock display wake up from sleep