Windows 10: 1809 Nvidia driver issue on boot: "there are no drivers installed for this device"

Discus and support 1809 Nvidia driver issue on boot: "there are no drivers installed for this device" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This appears to be a long standing, recurring and common issue searching the internet. Using Windows 10 Pro N 1809 17763.348 If I'm lucky, when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ronfucci, Mar 7, 2019.

1. ronfucci Win User

1809 Nvidia driver issue on boot: "there are no drivers installed for this device"

This appears to be a long standing, recurring and common issue searching the internet.

Using Windows 10 Pro N 1809 17763.348

If I'm lucky, when it boots, it boots into the Generic Display driver. If I'm quick, I take a look at the Nvidia driver and 'sometimes' I see 'there are no drivers installed for this device'. Then if I wait for 2-5 mins, the display changes to the correct resolution, display driver. Sometimes it doesn't recover to the correct display resolution and driver (like a lot....)

If you want hardware/software details happy to provide - this appears to be a widespread issue (and not seen by me prior to the 1809 version)

Someone's going to have to convince me this is not an OS issue....

Help....

Ron

:)

ronfucci, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Apsy Win User

NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

The issue still the same.

I went to NVIDIA Web site and they suggested to download a new driver

GE force 353.62. I was able to downloaded but was not able to install it due to:

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I don't know what to do anymore

Any other suggestion?

Apsy, Mar 7, 2019
  3. NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Yes, I suggest you to uninstall the NVIDIA driver
    and then reinstall the drivers.

Steps to uninstall the NVIDIA driver 307.83.

1. Press Windows + X key.

2. Click on device manager.

3. Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.

Install the drivers in compatible mode and then restart the system once and check if it issue persists.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

1809 Nvidia driver issue on boot: "there are no drivers installed for this device"

Nvidia Display drivers issue

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. 1809 Nvidia driver issue on boot: "there are no drivers installed for this device" - Similar Threads - 1809 Nvidia driver

2. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  3. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  4. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  5. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  6. driver install for 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver install for 1809: hey joydeep sir how should all my drivers for 1809 will get install after i do clean install of 1809. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-install-for-1809/3270400e-5f26-4e58-9f0d-cd909e3dbfa4
  7. driver installation of 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver installation of 1809: hi joydeep sir after doing clean install of 1809 how my drivers will get installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-installation-of-1809/2263ad2a-0152-480c-9932-58aa693fdc3d
  8. ?Notify NVIDIA or Microsoft of NVIDIA driver issue?

?Notify NVIDIA or Microsoft of NVIDIA driver issue?: Win10 1803 with all updates. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 display driver. MS Update installed a new version of the display driver and it has issues - audio is fine but video does not advance and most of the video area is covered with white blocks. I reverted to the previous driver...
  9. FYI: Nvidia driver for 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FYI: Nvidia driver for 1809: Nvidia driver for after 1809 is available now - it was not ready when the update was available to download. 119317
  10. Nvidia Driver Install Location?

Nvidia Driver Install Location?: Hey guys, just wondering, where am I supposed to install my Nvidia drivers? Directly in my C drive C:/Nvidia or in program files (x86)? Thanks *Smile 104725