Windows 10: 1809 reboots after shutdown

Discus and support 1809 reboots after shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Nov 29, 2018.

1. 1809 reboots after shutdown

Hello,

When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs.

I can disable the automatic restart, but that doesn't solve the problem, just hides it; and that is the solution that I've come across the most in trying to figure this out.

Please let me know if you need more information

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Nov 29, 2018
  2. PEG
    peg Win User

Reboots when shutdown is complete

Hi there,

Just new to Forum was hoping someone could help me out with my problem.

When i go to shutdown on my comp it goes to shutdown then as it has finished shutting down it automatically reboots...:shadedshu

Have tried unchecking automatic restart in System Properties to no avail, have heard that a new graphics card could be a prob but not too sure about that.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks Peg

3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 29, 2018
  4. 1809 reboots after shutdown

little cat, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1809 reboots after shutdown

1. 1809 reboots after shutdown - Similar Threads - 1809 reboots shutdown

2. Restart after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  3. Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown: Have you guys noticed that during the Windows 10 logon screen, it is very sluggish at the point were It just has the lock screen background image with no password prompt box and then I need to hit enter again to get the password box to reappear. And most of the time, when I...
  4. IE and Chrome just shutdown after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE and Chrome just shutdown after reboot: So i have been dealing with this forever....... Apparently i have an update or something that makes it so after reboot, chrome and IE will launch and just immediately crash. I went so far as registry hacks to turn off the awfully frustrating windows updates you can't...
  5. Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Very sluggish Logon Screen after reboot or from a Shutdown: Have you guys noticed that during the Windows 10 logon screen, it is very sluggish at the point were It just has the lock screen background image with no password prompt box and then I need to hit enter again to get the password box to reappear. And most of the time, when I...
  6. Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.: Recently I have observed that my system reboots after 1 sec when booting up. This happens only when I use Shutdown. I disabled the Fast Startup and now it boots correctly but very slow but that is predictable since it hybrid boot was disabled. I have windows 10 Home and...
  7. shutdown after hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    shutdown after hibernate: hi Is my pc going to hibernate and then when i want to work afterwarts no problem. The problem is when i press the on off button of my desktop nothing happend. I can only sutdown my pc by the startmenu schutdown Why ? 82547
  8. CP TaskThread Error on Shutdown or Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    CP TaskThread Error on Shutdown or Reboot: HI Guys I have just started getting a warning when i shut down or reboot "CP TaskThread" is stopping you shut down!!! I cannot find out from Google or Autoruns what it is has anybody got an idea or solution? 68921
  9. Random Shutdown and Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown and Reboot: I have Windows 10 system that keeps randomly rebooting and coming back up. I took main name "place" to get it look at and they said everything is fine and it didn't randomly reboot them like it does me. Could anybody give me some help by look at my files? I attach below, a...
  10. Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart: Has anyone else noticed that after an update from Windows Update you "Must" do a Reboot for the installation/update to process. In prior versions of Windows when I would take an update, I might just wait until I shut the PC down for the night, and it would finish up in the...