Windows 10: 1809 reboots after shutdown

Discus and support 1809 reboots after shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Nov 29, 2018.

1. 1809 reboots after shutdown

Hello,

When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs.

I can disable the automatic restart, but that doesn't solve the problem, just hides it; and that is the solution that I've come across the most in trying to figure this out.

Please let me know if you need more information

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Nov 29, 2018
  2. PEG
    peg Win User

Reboots when shutdown is complete

Hi there,

Just new to Forum was hoping someone could help me out with my problem.

When i go to shutdown on my comp it goes to shutdown then as it has finished shutting down it automatically reboots...:shadedshu

Have tried unchecking automatic restart in System Properties to no avail, have heard that a new graphics card could be a prob but not too sure about that.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks Peg

3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 29, 2018
  4. 1809 reboots after shutdown

little cat, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1809 reboots after shutdown

1. 1809 reboots after shutdown - Similar Threads - 1809 reboots shutdown

2. Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates: Hello! After recent driver updates I can't shutdown my laptop, it automatically reboots after 3-4 secs. I have already tried everything from here, nothing helps. Attaching screenshot of latest driver updates: [ATTACH] I can't rollback this updates because I can't find what...
  3. Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown: Since Windows 10 v2004, when there's a pending update and you select "Update and Shutdown" on the start menu the behavior has changed for the worse. Before, when selecting Update and Shutdown, Windows would complete the first stage of the update usually 30% and then power...
  4. Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116: Hello, I've noticed that after updating to the optional KB4566116 Windows 10 update August 2020, that the reboot and shutdown times can become excruciatingly long, upwards of 10 minutes while the circle dots keep spinning above "Restart" or "Shutting down". Has anyone...
  5. computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10: my computer reboots after shutting down with mouse...I have done the SFC/Scannow and the DISM scan both came up ok....I have changed all power/sleep settings to NEVER and I unchecked FAST START UP...Windows are updated and HP don't have any updates for this computer...
  6. Windows 10 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reboots after shutdown: Hello, Just after the recent update my laptop started rebooting after I shut it down, or put it to sleep. Which is not very helpful. Have taken to unplugging it and closing the lid so the battery dies. I have read about this happening since about 2017 for others and there...
  7. Random reboots after 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboots after 1809 update: Hello everyone! Last weekend (14th/16th) I received the 1809 update which many people seem to be having problems with. Obvioulsy I am now one of them ... After the update my computer performs random reboots as if I was hitting the reset button. It's happening in idle,...
  8. IE and Chrome just shutdown after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE and Chrome just shutdown after reboot: So i have been dealing with this forever....... Apparently i have an update or something that makes it so after reboot, chrome and IE will launch and just immediately crash. I went so far as registry hacks to turn off the awfully frustrating windows updates you can't...
  9. Random Shutdown and Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown and Reboot: I have Windows 10 system that keeps randomly rebooting and coming back up. I took main name "place" to get it look at and they said everything is fine and it didn't randomly reboot them like it does me. Could anybody give me some help by look at my files? I attach below, a...
  10. Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart: Has anyone else noticed that after an update from Windows Update you "Must" do a Reboot for the installation/update to process. In prior versions of Windows when I would take an update, I might just wait until I shut the PC down for the night, and it would finish up in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc restarts during update 1809

2. windows 1809 automatically boots

3. 1809 shutdown

4. windows 10 1809 restarts after shutdown,
  5. windows 10 1809 shutdown makes pc restart