Windows 10: 1809 refuses to update to 1909. Have tried almost everything

Discus and support 1809 refuses to update to 1909. Have tried almost everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Initially Windows Update WU "found" 1909 and tried to install it itself. It goes through a few restarts, "Attempting to recover installation", "Undoing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BenjaminWindows, Feb 29, 2020.

1. 1809 refuses to update to 1909. Have tried almost everything

Initially Windows Update WU "found" 1909 and tried to install it itself. It goes through a few restarts, "Attempting to recover installation", "Undoing changes made to your computer". It gave me the error 0xc1900101, then after a few solutions and restarts, it gave me error 0xc19001e1. Now I get no "errors", because I can't do it through WU anymore.

After every solution I tried, I still get the same result. I tried
    - detaching all hardware components except Mouse and Keyboard
    - checked device manager for errors - none
    - sfc/scannow - all fine
    - running the Update troubleshooter
    - updating display driver
    - disabled all third-party security software
    - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth - all fine
    - disabling all non Microsoft services
    - resetting WU, via
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop appidsvc
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start appidsvc
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver
    - using Windows Update Assistant

Looking for any other solutions which don't require
    - a clean install of Windows 10
    - reimaging the PC
    - resetting my PC

I would like to try installing 1903 first, so I downloaded it from here but then when I click on it it says "This update is not applicable to your computer."
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4505057

It has gotten to the point where now if I click "Check for updates" in WU, it won't even "find" 1909, yet it still has the message "You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements." WU has no trouble finding, downloading and installing the latest Security Intelligence Updates for Windows Defender though.

So I can only attempt to update to 1909 via Windows Update Assistant and it gives me the same result as at the top every time.

Are there any log files I can check?

Please help. Thank you

:)

BenjaminWindows, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Stevenvv# Win User

Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update

Well would't you know it. I did everything, every step, all the suggestions, months of failed downloads and was going to wipe everything tomorrow and start again, but remembered I hadn't tried your suggestion of updating to 1809 before 1903/09, and blow
    me down, but it's updated to 1809 with ease!

I have yet to dare to try and get it to update to 1909 but it's the 1st progress in months, so thanks.

Stevenvv#, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update 1909

Hey,

I've just clean installed windows 10. It is build 1803.

Today awesome 1909 have launched. I want to update to 1909 but in settings it is showing me option to upgrade to 1809. My friend told me I have to upgrade to 1809, then 1903 and then finally 1909.

I want to directly upgrade to 1909 without going through intermediate steps. How can I do this?

Sarthak Purohit, Feb 29, 2020
  4. 1809 refuses to update to 1909. Have tried almost everything

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1809 refuses to update to 1909. Have tried almost everything

1. 1809 refuses to update to 1909. Have tried almost everything - Similar Threads - 1809 refuses update

2. Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.: So I'm Running on an HP Elitebook 840 G3. Win 10 of course.Monday morning I attempted to use the internet and notice the wifi bars are gone and have been replaced with the ethernet globe. Saying "not connected no connections available". Figuring something was up with the...
  3. i’ve tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    i’ve tried almost everything: i have a huge problem that i can’t fix. it has to do with the internet settings. when i go to it to try and trouble shoot, i can’t even press it because it crashes when i open the status bar that you see on the left. i’ve tried countless tutorials on some ways to fix the...
  4. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  5. Windows 10 1809 will not update I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 will not update I have tried everything: Hello and thank you for taking the time to offer your help. I have an HP Z4 G4 workstation that will not update from Windows 10 1809. I tried the following: Windows setting> update and security Windows update assistant Troubleshoot Windows Update Running the Windows...
  6. Updating 1809 to 1909 Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updating 1809 to 1909 Problem: I have 10 gig space on C: Windows Drive and a 16 gig USB drive because update told me I needed it and I am still running out of space. I linked SoftwareDistribution folder to another drive to save space but WU creates a new folder "$Windows.~BT" and gobbles up almost 4 gig...
  7. Can't update windows to 1909 from 1703, tried almost everything! Error code: 0x8007001F -...

Can't update windows to 1909 from 1703, tried almost everything! Error code: 0x8007001F -...: Things I've tried: - Clean-booting than updating - Offline updating with iso-file - Windows update troubleshooter - Resetting the catroot2 folder - Resetting the Software Distribution Folder - Disabled and uninstalled third-party anti-virus - Upgrading using the...
  8. Can't update from 1803 to 1909, tried everything:

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update from 1803 to 1909, tried everything:: Hey! Been having some problems installing the TAP driver, none the less my Windows 10 needs to be updated anyways. So, I went into update in the settings - the computer claims I'm on the newest version. I'm not, I am on 1803 and the newest is 1909. When I check for updates,...
  9. How to Sync favorites in Edge ? must have tried almost everything !

in Browsers and Email
    How to Sync favorites in Edge ? must have tried almost everything !: I tried everything I can think off on my Surface and laptop, but the Edge favorites do not sync. - log out and in to my Microsoft account - switch sync off and on - switch all sync choices off and on - create new favorites - create favorites sub folder Still no syncing for...
  10. Update to 1809 messed up almost everything

Update to 1809 messed up almost everything: I've updated a dozen of other computers to 1809 and had no problems. But those were mainly default setups, no advanced users. I thought it's time for me as advanced user to upgrade my Win 10 to 1809. And I did it. Jawww….disaster! :( Upon first reboot, my profile was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dx4822 refuses to upgrade to windows 1909