Windows 10: 1809 runs directx9 games at 50fps

Discus and support 1809 runs directx9 games at 50fps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Fresh install of Windows 10 1809 runs some games at 50fps. Mainly directX9 games fullscreen. Tried game mode on/off, disable fullscreen optimizations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobinZag, Mar 4, 2019.

1. RobinZag Win User

1809 runs directx9 games at 50fps

Fresh install of Windows 10 1809 runs some games at 50fps. Mainly directX9 games fullscreen.

Tried game mode on/off, disable fullscreen optimizations etc.

Yet, launching VLC player suddenly makes the game go back to 60fps. When I close VLC then the game reverts back to 50fps.

system: i5 coffee lake, nvidia latest drivers etc.

The new fullscreen mode may be the culprit or is anyone else having this issue?

:)

RobinZag, Mar 4, 2019

2. DirectX9 CreateDeviceEx fails with D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

Thanks for the suggestion .. but I am restricted to DirectX9 for now, Legacy support reasons.

Hork Bajir, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 4, 2019
  4. 1809 runs directx9 games at 50fps

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1809 runs directx9 games at 50fps

1. 1809 runs directx9 games at 50fps - Similar Threads - 1809 runs directx9

2. Can't install Directx9 june 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Directx9 june 2010: I have been trying to reinstall directx after doing an in place reset I think that's what it's called. Anyway I keep running into this same error while installing either the june 2010 or the web directx installers. I have updated all drivers, downgraded drivers reinstalled...
  3. Graphic adapter does not support game minimum requirements DirectX9 = ShaderModel2 error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic adapter does not support game minimum requirements DirectX9 = ShaderModel2 error...: Hello recently i tried to run trackmania 2 canyon and it gave me a error "Graphic adapter does not support game minimum requirements DirectX9 = ShaderModel2 I have a nvidia geforce gt 710 and it meets the minimum requirements please help me to fix it!My System:Intel Core...
  4. Graphic adapter does not support game minimum requirements DirectX9 = ShaderModel2 error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic adapter does not support game minimum requirements DirectX9 = ShaderModel2 error...: Hello recently i tried to run trackmania 2 canyon and it gave me a error "Graphic adapter does not support game minimum requirements DirectX9 = ShaderModel2 I have a nvidia geforce gt 710 and it meets the minimum requirements please help me to fix it!My System:Intel Core...
  5. Can't install directx9 installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install directx9 installer: I tried Installing the web one and it says there's a newer version already installed so It won't progress as much then I tried the directx9.c thing and downloaded the installer here and halfway it crashes and it says "An internal system error occured. Please refer to...
  6. Can't install directx9 installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install directx9 installer: I tried Installing the web one and it says there's a newer version already installed so It won't progress as much then I tried the directx9.c thing and downloaded the installer here and halfway it crashes and it says "An internal system error occured. Please refer to...
  7. DirectX9 no longer available for download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX9 no longer available for download: So I was downloading an old game and when I tried to boot it up a d3dx9_43.ddl was not found error. I actually had encountered this problem previously on a different laptop and fixed it by downloading the directx9 files here:...
  8. DirectX9 to DirectX12 mapping

in Windows 10 Customization
    DirectX9 to DirectX12 mapping: I want to migrate from Directx9 to DirectX12 In DirectX9 below classes used - IDirect3DDevice9 - Direct3DVertexDeclaration9 - IDirect3DVertexBuffer9 - ID3DXBaseEffect I didn't find corresponding class in DirectX12 Anyone have idea...
  9. Games slow on 1809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games slow on 1809: The last build that games work properly on. [img] Two Windows on same machine, just separate SSDs. One is this standard 1809 clean installation and other one last Skippy but now I'm talking only about this normal 1809. So, as I said, same machine, same drivers, same...
  10. DirectX9 CreateDeviceEx fails with D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX9 CreateDeviceEx fails with D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE: On creating and destroying DirectX9 device repeatedly after some time the CreateDeviceEx call fails randomly with the error : 0x8876086A (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE) On enabling Debug spew on debug directX binaries, I see the following log when the CreateDeviceEx call fails :...