Windows 10: 1809 stealth installed...and PC now invisible on LAN

Discus and support 1809 stealth installed...and PC now invisible on LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Folks, This is NOT a thread about 1809 and how Win10 "stealth" installed it. (I had no idea the update was actually an upgrade.) One of my PCs is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iamc3k, Dec 15, 2018.

1. iamc3k Win User

1809 stealth installed...and PC now invisible on LAN

Folks,

This is NOT a thread about 1809 and how Win10 "stealth" installed it. (I had no idea the update was actually an upgrade.) One of my PCs is now running 1809. Fine.

Before the upgrade to 1809, all my machines were running 1803 and shares and permissions worked fine. Every machine could see and access exactly what I wanted on my home network.

Now, the newly upgraded 1809 machine is invisible. All the settings seem to be the same, yet, it does not work the way it once did.

Any ideas???

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Dec 15, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Dec 15, 2018
  3. jonkb Win User
    Asus P5Q Onboard Lan issues...

I've just reformated my pc, and it all runs fine except for the the onboard lan. I've tried every LAN driver on ASUS list, and I can't get it to work. It keeps searching for the connection, but it never finds it. The internet runs fine on my moms PC, so it can't be the internet provider*Frown 1809 stealth installed...and PC now invisible on LAN :( Onboard LAN is enables in BIOS, and I did try to clear CMOS without any luck.
    Any suggestions? It really sux.... I think the P5Q Pro is a buggy board...

jonkb, Dec 15, 2018
  4. 1809 stealth installed...and PC now invisible on LAN

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1809 stealth installed...and PC now invisible on LAN

1. 1809 stealth installed...and PC now invisible on LAN - Similar Threads - 1809 stealth installed

2. Folders are invisible now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are invisible now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  3. Folders are invisible now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are invisible now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  4. Stealthing Malware? Previous Version Installing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stealthing Malware? Previous Version Installing: I installed Raider.IO 2.1.7 then it reverts back to 2.1.5 after reboot and wants me to install 2.1.7.Is there some call in Windows that stealths files?Not sure what's going on here....
  5. Connected pc invisible on router

Connected pc invisible on router: Hi, there are several devices that are regularly connected at differnt times on my home network, but one pc which doesn't show even though it is connected. No deliberate attempt to hide it has been made, and we can see no reason for it being hidden. It recently reappeared...
  6. App is "installed"but invisible

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App is "installed"but invisible: I want to read "the Economist" using its windows app. The app is not listed anywhere, and is not listed in Apps and Features. If I do a search, I'm re-directed to the web site. If I go to the Microsoft Store, it says I already own the app. Option Install is greyed out....
  7. 1809 stealth installed...and PC now invisible on LAN

in Windows 10 News
    1809 stealth installed...and PC now invisible on LAN: Folks, This is NOT a thread about 1809 and how Win10 "stealth" installed it. (I had no idea the update was actually an upgrade.) One of my PCs is now running 1809. Fine. Before the upgrade to 1809, all my machines were running 1803 and shares and permissions worked fine....
  8. A Month Now and No 1809... SAD!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Month Now and No 1809... SAD!: It's been a month already no still haven't put out the fixes for the latest windows version. Seriouly Microsoft you truly have morons working in your upper management. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft gets sold off. Bill Gates company has gone to the toilet and its not...
  9. LAN /NIC Teaming Windows 10 1809

LAN /NIC Teaming Windows 10 1809: I am having a Network Teaming Issue!!! I have a dual LAN ( Intel 1211-V and 1219) motherboard and had teaming working prior to the 1809 rollout... I am trying to re-create the NIC Team and see that Intel Advanced Network Services Protocol will not load, when the Team is...
  10. Redstone PC's are invisible in the network

Redstone PC's are invisible in the network: Since I have updated to the anniversary update, I cant see my pc's with Windows 10 anymore on the network. On the other hand I can see ALL my pc's from the Windows 10 computer. I had no problems before the update. I have a shared partition on each Redstone PC which I can't...