Windows 10: 1809 update BUG: UPS monitoring over USB is broken

Discus and support 1809 update BUG: UPS monitoring over USB is broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an USB-connected UPS by the vendor named "FSP". The UPS is presented for monitoring on the PC as USB HID device, hardware ID =... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maxim__s, Feb 11, 2019.

1. maxim__s Win User

1809 update BUG: UPS monitoring over USB is broken

I have an USB-connected UPS by the vendor named "FSP".

The UPS is presented for monitoring on the PC as USB HID device, hardware ID = USB\VID_0665&PID_5161

Monitoring was OK for years with the small program called "UPS Assistant".

But, after 1809 update, UPS Assistant does not work anymore, it says that it cannot open the device.

I've tried a couple of other UPS software titles (like WinPower) - and no one can open the device of the UPS.

The devnode for the UPS is present in the Device Manager with OK status.

I've tried to uninstall the devnode and then re-create is with "Scan For Hardware Changes" - no luck, nothing changes. The devnode is re-created, it's status is fine, but the monitoring software cannot open it and cannot work.

Tried to connect the UPS to the laptop with Windows 10 1803 and install UPS Assistant there - it works!

:)

maxim__s, Feb 11, 2019
  2. DavidBaileyyz, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

1809 update BUG: UPS monitoring over USB is broken nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. 1809 update BUG: UPS monitoring over USB is broken - Similar Threads - 1809 update BUG

2. Is this power connection broken or overly used? - New monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is this power connection broken or overly used? - New monitor: Hi! After having some bad luck with my last monitor from a different brand and another store, that monitor came with a dead pixel, I tried my luck with a new monitor from another brand and another store. After thoroughly going through the package on my new monitor,...
  3. usb broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb broken: wont eject. tried to troubleshoot but i keep getting a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-broken/d65fbb5f-4647-4b85-8e99-6567823f0b78
  4. usb broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb broken: wont eject. tried to troubleshoot but i keep getting a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-broken/d65fbb5f-4647-4b85-8e99-6567823f0b78
  5. Broken usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken usb: Hi guys.Today I was trying to install Win 10 on my PC since I got a new SSD so I wanted to make a clean install.What happens is that the SSD had a classical MDP error.So I went to diskpart and tried to fix it there.I accidentally wiped my USB inside DiskPart and it instantly...
  6. monitor bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor bug: I am losing connection to my 2nd monitor. My main monitor is connected w an hdmi cable. My 2nd monitor is connected w a vga cable. The 2nd monitor does not get detected when my computer sits idle for a while. It will start up again when I restart the computer. The 2nd...
  7. broken monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    broken monitor: need to access laptop that has a damaged screen it use to work hdmi to smart tv but for some reason its now not working when it was working I tried hmdi to tv and tried to set up bliuetooth to use tv screen so that damaged screen automatically use tv monitor when...
  8. Password sync broken after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password sync broken after update to 1809: After updating to 1809 my machine is syncing but it does not sync all web passwords to credential manager (approx. 50%). I have clean installed and the problem persists. On another PC running 1803 it still works and on Edge for Android it still syncs all passwords. Any...
  9. Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.: Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken. After I close the notification area all my notifications got deleted. Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1809-notification-area-is-broken/c3d118d4-62c9-471f-b62f-33e8e49369b2
  10. Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.: Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken. After I close the notification area all my notifications got deleted. Please fix....