Windows 10: 1809 update created a partition?

Discus and support 1809 update created a partition? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I used the upgrade tool to 1809 I noticed a filed called $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER and I checked my partitions and I have a new one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Karizma, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Karizma Win User

1809 update created a partition?

After I used the upgrade tool to 1809 I noticed a filed called $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER and I checked my partitions and I have a new one that just says

822MB NTFS OEM partition

Is there a way to remove it or do I need to keep it now?

:)

Karizma, Nov 14, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 14, 2018
  3. lvgandhi Win User
    1809 Update Queries

Diskpart in my laptop shows as below.

1809 update created a partition? [​IMG]

Volume 5 is between partitions 7 and 8. It is not shown in partitions list. How to know when it was created. How to know whether it is created during 1809 update. In partition 8 I have mint.

lvgandhi, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

1809 Update Queries

For those who updated please advise:
    1. Does the Classic Shell v4.3.1 still work as some have suggested? If not what version of Open Shell is most suitable?
    2. Does the update create another recovery partition?
    3. Can anyone running MS Money confirm it still works in this update?

Steve C, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. 1809 update created a partition? - Similar Threads - 1809 update created

2. Creating an EFI partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating an EFI partition: Hi, On Win 10 machine I have a 1TB SSD which I used to boot Windows and it has an EFI partition. I purchased a 2TB installed Windows on it and migrated data as a primary drive. I realised that it does not have an EFI partition (but has Boot, Page, File, Crash Dump on it)....
  3. creating partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    creating partitions: I want to partition a new HDD. Could some please explain the best way f doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-partitions/b404630c-dc77-40f2-a8a0-972357c75bf4
  4. Disk Partition Not Created

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Not Created: I tried to create a new partition on the hard drive 1TB of HP 15-Da0032wm from the Disk Management settings but I do get an error message that the partition cannot be created because there is not enough space even though I still have more than 700GB of free space....
  5. New update creates new partition

New update creates new partition: I just noticed after the recent windows update that I now have 2 recovery partitions on my computer and an F drive magically appeared. I can't remove either partition or hide them. Not sure if this is a new windows issue or if my machine is just going crazy. Any help/insight...
  6. New update creates new partition

in Windows 10 Support
    New update creates new partition: I just noticed after the recent windows update that I now have 2 recovery partitions on my computer and an F drive magically appeared. I can't remove either partition or hide them. Not sure if this is a new windows issue or if my machine is just going crazy. Any help/insight...
  7. Create partition

Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  8. Create partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  9. Partition lost after windows 10 update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition lost after windows 10 update 1809: Hi, I just updated my windows 10 with update 1809 and now I cannot see my personal files partition anymore. In a partition tool that I use, I see that 230 GB has now an unallocated file system and that there is no used space in it. What happened with update 1809? And how...
  10. 1809 update created a partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 update created a partition?: After I used the upgrade tool to 1809 I noticed a filed called $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER and I checked my partitions and I have a new one that just says 822MB NTFS OEM partition Is there a way to remove it or do I need to keep it now? 121635

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is the recovery partition located in windows 1809

2. windows 10 1809 installation partition

3. Windows 10 1809 creates a 499mb oem partition