Windows 10: 1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting"

Discus and support 1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As per title. old Alienware M17X-R3 laptop, running previous version 100% fine. The update failed. I tried rebooting and for the last hour it’s been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ojustaboo, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Ojustaboo Win User

1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting"

As per title.

old Alienware M17X-R3 laptop, running previous version 100% fine.

The update failed. I tried rebooting and for the last hour it’s been saying “restarting”.

Any advice please?

:)

Ojustaboo, Oct 5, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 5, 2018
  3. ##solved##stuck in the "failed to configure updates" reboot Loop. HELP me please

As the title says, my nephews PC is stuck in the Reboot "failed to configure updates" loop. Safe mode DOESNT help, it just keeps looping. anyone have a Solution for this?

Windows 7

i dont know the update, its a dell optiplex 7010

jboydgolfer, Oct 5, 2018
  4. PRince4 Win User

Windows Stuck on Updates (Fails and Restarts)

So my Windows 10 1803 (Build 17134.48) is Stuck on updates, It says that i need to restart my system for updating process and it does update.But after the second restart "while completing at 30-40%" it says "Windows Failed to Update rolling back changes"

then it gets back to where it is and because of that i can't even shut down my system i have to "Hibernate" it.

My antivirus says these updates are available :

1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting" [​IMG]

and windows this one :

1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting" [​IMG]

So i tried to download and install the "kb4338819" update (.msu) from Microsoft and installed it and it successfully installed but windows is still showing these updates needs to be installed.

PRince4, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting" - Similar Threads - 1809 update failed

2. Trying to update 1809 to 1909, keeps getting stuck at 91%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to update 1809 to 1909, keeps getting stuck at 91%: HP Pavillion Laptop, Core i7 (8th gen), 8gb ram, only a couple years old. W10 is trying to update from 1809 to 1909. We've gone though this a few times over the last few weeks, and each time it ends up getting stuck. Let me clarify: -Within Windows 10 Settings, I go to...
  3. Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot: Hi, I've been struggling to install the update, tried to clean update cache, to free up some space on my system disk, but Nothing seems to help. As it is after 2nd reboot, it might be a driver problem, but reading the logs doesn't helped, as I Don't know what to look for....
  4. Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install - after rebooting several times, stuck on black...

Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install - after rebooting several times, stuck on black...: During the installation of the Feature Update to Windows 10 ver 1809, which has just automatically downloaded to my machine today, the system fails to install the update. The process takes a long time but after rebooting several times it gets stuck on a black screen with...
  5. Windows 10 1803 update to 1809 failed (stuck at 77%)

Windows 10 1803 update to 1809 failed (stuck at 77%): Hi, I would like to use the Windows 10 Update Assistant update my Windows 10 1803 to 1809. After downloading, installing then the computer rebooted (Everything is fine till now). After rebooting it stucked at 77%, after 8 hrs stucking at 77% the update process stopped...
  6. 1809 update failed

1809 update failed: I tried to install the 1809 update yesterday using the Windows 10 update assistant. My computer was restarting had had reached 84% complete after nearly 5 hours of downloading and installing. When I came back to check on it a few minutes latter it was displaying the message...
  7. 1809 update stuck

1809 update stuck: After i upgraded to w10 1809 im stuck at lock screen when i enter the password it keeps loading i can't see the home screen I even try to safe mode buy pressing shift and restart but nothing happens all it's does is loading...
  8. 1809 error kept saying reboot after I update to 1809 and it says power saving switch...

1809 error kept saying reboot after I update to 1809 and it says power saving switch...: Hello, Why is it that when I update to 1809 there's error saying power saving switch changed to graphic and it kept saying reboot, but after I reboot it, it shows the same error again and I reboot it again and the same message[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Stuck on Updates (Fails and Restarts)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Stuck on Updates (Fails and Restarts): So my Windows 10 1803 (Build 17134.48) is Stuck on updates, It says that i need to restart my system for updating process and it does update.But after the second restart "while completing at 30-40%" it says "Windows Failed to Update rolling back changes" then it gets back to...
  10. Windows Stuck on Updates (Fails and Restarts)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Stuck on Updates (Fails and Restarts): So my Windows 10 1803 (Build 17134.48) is Stuck on updates, It says that i need to restart my system for updating process and it does update.But after the second restart "while completing at 30-40%" it says "Windows Failed to Update rolling back changes" then it gets back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft second reboot fail on update

2. 1809 update fails with continuous reboot

3. upgrade wo 1809 stuck on restarting

4. build 1809 restarts while updating