Windows 10: 1809 Update incoming! Are you ready?

Discus and support 1809 Update incoming! Are you ready? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am, and eagerly awaiting how long this time the update will take up my poor little PC (last time just over 45 minutes in all... I think Europe has to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RingTailCoon, Oct 2, 2018.

1. 1809 Update incoming! Are you ready?

I am, and eagerly awaiting how long this time the update will take up my poor little PC (last time just over 45 minutes in all... I think Europe has to wait till 7 pm until Microsoft decides to slam that Fall update onto their servers...

So you ready for an afternoon/morning of updating your rig?! *Cool

:)

RingTailCoon, Oct 2, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 2, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 1809 Update incoming! Are you ready? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 2, 2018
  4. dark2099 Win User

1809 Update incoming! Are you ready?

Fit's current machine... always changing

I might be doing that with my incoming cards. Pics tomorrow of what they are.

dark2099, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1809 Update incoming! Are you ready?

1. 1809 Update incoming! Are you ready? - Similar Threads - 1809 Update incoming

2. Paint 3D stuck at We are getting the update ready for you

in Windows 10 News
    Paint 3D stuck at We are getting the update ready for you: [ATTACH]While opening Paint 3D, if you get paint 3D needs an update, We are getting the update ready for you message, and you are unable to open the app; here are some working solutions for you. It appears when you do not update the app for a very long time, and your system...
  3. No incoming Gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    No incoming Gmail: Why is my Inbox Gmail not recieving emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-gmail/59fe20eb-6965-4c4b-96ad-31567eba72af
  4. factors that will determine if my device is ready for 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factors that will determine if my device is ready for 1809 update: hey there, it has been long time since the release of windows version 1809, and by now i did not received the update automatically (i am now on version 1803). so i want to know what are the factors that depend upon whether my device will receive the update automatically and...
  5. Windows 10 version 1809 is ready for broad deployment

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809 is ready for broad deployment: Microsoft revealed yesterday that the company's current version of Windows 10, version 1809, is designated for broad deployment. In other words, Windows 10 version 1809's servicing option is now Semi-Annual Channel. Microsoft will stop using the term from Windows 10 version...
  6. We have an update ready for you

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We have an update ready for you: A big green box. No Microsoft logo. Is this a virus or is it from Microsoft. Doesn't sound professional. Can't do a screen print or access my computer. 119590
  7. 1809 Update incoming! Are you ready?

1809 Update incoming! Are you ready?: I am, and eagerly awaiting how long this time the update will take up my poor little PC (last time just over 45 minutes in all... I think Europe has to wait till 7 pm until Microsoft decides to slam that Fall update onto their servers... So you ready for an afternoon/morning...
  8. Update is ready notice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update is ready notice: Running Win 10 Pro Version 1803. Keep on getting a small widow with: Update is ready. "Update and benefit from enhancements and fixes." How do I know it is a legit update or something else. [ATTACH]...
  9. Updates ready.

Updates ready.: Two Updates ready. [img] 1953
  10. Making sure you are ready to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making sure you are ready to Install: In the ISO setup, this is taking a LONG time. I would say over 10 minutes. [img] So, does anyone know what does this step actually do that's taking very long? Would be nice to know why it is just taking forever. 81184

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is my computer ready for 1809

2. is my computer ready for 1809 intel processor

3. is the 1809 update ready

4. is my machine ready for 1809,
  5. windows 1809 update taking long time,
  6. when is 1809 coming out