Windows 10: 1809 update last night wiped my PC

Discus and support 1809 update last night wiped my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Seriously?! I thought you had pulled the update in October until you fixed the issue and released it again.........so I didn't even think twice about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ice1020, Dec 22, 2018.

1. ice1020 Win User

1809 update last night wiped my PC

Seriously?! I thought you had pulled the update in October until you fixed the issue and released it again.........so I didn't even think twice about running it. The update wiped my entire laptop! How can you have such an epic fail on the same update this many times?! I really hope heads are rolling over this. What is being done about this?!

:)

ice1020, Dec 22, 2018

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 22, 2018
  3. dictum Win User
    Warning: 1809 Update still has issues

So basically Windows 1809 does not run on my MSI Titan GT80 SLI and it's their problem. Not Microsoft.

It wipes out the drivers and I have to reinstall them.

dictum, Dec 22, 2018
  4. E.Swaff Win User

I cannot update my Surface Pro 6 to Windows 10 1809

I just upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 10 build 1809.
    Here are the steps I did:

1. Open your web browser and go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and click "Download tool now".
    2. Double-click on the MediaCreationTool1809.exe file you've downloaded.
    3. Agree the license terms.
    4. Select the "Upgrade this PC now" option and click Next.
    5. Just wait to complete the upgrade process.

E.Swaff, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. 1809 update last night wiped my PC - Similar Threads - 1809 update last

2. Update on the problem from last night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update on the problem from last night: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sakura_Kamishiro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j95ncm/update_on_the_problem_from_last_night/
  3. My pc corrupted last night and a file is stuck on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pc corrupted last night and a file is stuck on my desktop: My pc has been acting really strange last night being corrupted over kernel32.dll missing i was thinking installing the dll and placing it into the directory would work but no. So i updated windows and all my problems went away except the kernel32.dll file on my desktop, ive...
  4. Windows UpDate From Last Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows UpDate From Last Night: This thing is hung up. It reboots and I can get to the basic screen, but about half my icons don't render. Also, on the toolbar, my icons aren't there. The Windows icon in the bottom left corner is black and white and when you hover the mouse over it, you get the blue circle...
  5. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  6. unable to get into my desktop after last nights updates

unable to get into my desktop after last nights updates: last night my computer said it was going to update and shut down. Today I cannot access my desktop computer. It is asking for my product key. This was a download a couple years ago onto my old XP program. I have tried everything and the system will not allow access and wants...
  7. Slow computer after it updated last night

Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  8. lastest microsoft update last night

lastest microsoft update last night: Last night my computer updated and when I turned my computer on there are a lot of foreign looking symbols in the place of my shortcuts and on my word documents. I open a new word document and instead of "save" or "home" at the top I get boxes, triangles, question marks...
  9. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051
  10. another update last night - another aggrivation

in Windows 10 Support
    another update last night - another aggrivation: W10 updated again last night and AGAIN removed my Gadgets and GAMES. I managed to reinstall my Gadgets, but the games seem to be another issue. They install complete with the start menu icons but will not open. When I dbl clk the icon or exe file nothing happens. I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update wiped computer

2. windows wiped my computer update 1809

3. update 1809 wiped computer help

4. win 10 1809 wiped my desktop,
  5. windows update wiped computer 2019,
  6. will windows 10 1809 ruin my laptop