Windows 10: [18363.900] Severe to mild visual artifacts after unlocking PC

Discus and support [18363.900] Severe to mild visual artifacts after unlocking PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I made an account today because something quite baffling has been occurring lately to my laptop PC. It seems, every time I lock my PC and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GSynergy, Jun 30, 2020.

1. GSynergy Win User

[18363.900] Severe to mild visual artifacts after unlocking PC

Hello! I made an account today because something quite baffling has been occurring lately to my laptop PC. It seems, every time I lock my PC and the screen goes to sleep, once I wake the screen again, the lock-screen wallpaper become entirely pink, or partially pink and distorted. When this occurs, my username which should be in the default white font, is then green. However, the textbox, and user picture are both correct and not distorted. This seems to carry over as well, after unlocking the PC. Many programs, including Windows Explorer becomes slightly distorted afterwards

[18363.900] Severe to mild visual artifacts after unlocking PC [​IMG]

This doesn't seem to be an issue with the Graphics Card itself as I have been able to run numerous games, without any issues or visual artifacts. I have also run hardware test that further prove the hardware is in good working order.

To reproduce: I lock the PC, the screen turns off on it's own after a few moments, then I press the ENTER key (it can be either right away, or much later in the day), to open the PIN entering dialogue, TA-DA it's broken. Even while creating this post, I reproduced this and it lead to Google Chrome being distorted afterwards.

What have I done already to try and fix this: Uninstalled my Display Driver (with DDU) and reinstalled, both normally and in safe-mode; ran a virus/malware scan, came back clean; ran the command "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /RestoreHealth" then reboot, both reported no issues were found; updated different System Device drivers within the Device Manager, no improvement.

Technical Information: Windows 10 version 1909 (build 18363.900); nVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB GPU (working fine, verified), driver version: 451.48.

:)

GSynergy, Jun 30, 2020
  2. PHVNTOM Win User

PC hits black screen on boot, visual artifacts and freezing

Hi, so for the past week or so my PC has been having problems with random freezing and visual glitches/artifacts appearing on screen when I'm using it. Often it will happen when I'm watching a video, sometimes just a quick freeze/flicker but a few times the screen completely froze with lines everywhere, forcing me to do a hard shutdown.

Well, yesterday is when it went from bad to worse. I was watching a video and the screen and sound suddenly froze, and the screen went a strange brown colour with lines everywhere and I had to hard shutdown. When I booted back up, I encountered a black screen before I could even log on, and had to force shutdown again. Booted up again, same thing. After a third shutdown it began automatic repairs, and after trying to restart normally I once again encountered the black screen. So then I tried going into safe mode with networking and it let me log on as normal, except there were strange green lines everywhere, and on various apps after logging onto the desktop. These are always here now everytime I log on.

This is what it looks like when I restart in safe mode with networking:

A few things I've tried/ruled out:
    • I've ran malware scans and nothing came up, so it doesn't look to be a virus
    • I've tried using a spare monitor and the same problems came up, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with my monitor
    • I've uninstalled my graphics drivers by going onto the device manager and hitting uninstall on my display adapter - after restarting, I'm able to boot up normally and log on at a lower resolution, but after a few minutes of being on the desktop the screen just goes black like before (perhaps because it's reinstalled the drivers?)

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476). Any help would be appreciated.

PHVNTOM, Jun 30, 2020
  3. TonyTS Win User
    Looking for an unlocked phone to test on

I've started programming in Visual Studio 2015 under Windows 10.

I'd like to get an unlocked phone to test with.

I saw a whole bunch of unlocked phones on Amazon.

Any suggestions as to what phone would be best for that?

Thanks.

TonyTS, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. [18363.900] Severe to mild visual artifacts after unlocking PC - Similar Threads - 18363 900 Severe

2. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual artifacts on primary monitor: Hello, I have been getting these strange visual glitches on my primary monitor on startup for a while and usually after a minute or so they go away, however they recently have been getting so bad that after a few seconds my whole screen freezes up and slowly becomes all...
  3. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual artifacts on primary monitor: Hello, I have been getting these strange visual glitches on my primary monitor on startup for a while and usually after a minute or so they go away, however they recently have been getting so bad that after a few seconds my whole screen freezes up and slowly becomes all...
  4. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Visual artifacts with the title bar of a JFrame with windows 10 / Scaling option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual artifacts with the title bar of a JFrame with windows 10 / Scaling option: I'm working with an application based on java swing and I faced some visual artifacts with the title bar of a basic JFrame if I use the display scaling option from Windows 10. I let the system controls the "Window System decorated" including the title bar Look & Feel because...
  6. BSOD after artifacts appearing in the screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after artifacts appearing in the screen: Hello, Whenever I do something graphically intensive like playing games and even sometimes watching videos some random markers and lines appear on the screen and BSOD happens after it. Sometimes artifacts appear during desktop and then screen becomes black for few seconds...
  7. Several Windows 10 Mail App visual glitches artifacts bug or malware virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Several Windows 10 Mail App visual glitches artifacts bug or malware virus?: As mention, I have several UI glitches artifacts using the default Mail App integrated inside Windows 10. I make several reports but with no answer. Several Glitches is a bug or malware virus? Here is some screenshots [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004: Hello, I updated to the new 2004 version and also updated my nvidia drivers, since then I'm having a graphical glitch from time to time, I'm 99% sure it started with this update because it also started to happen on my girlfriend's PC, we both use double monitors on extended...
  9. Build 18363

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build 18363: [ATTACH] I installed this update recently and can't find the "recording device" tab when right clicking the volume icon (yes, it was ugly but very useful imo). And I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I can't install Nvidia RTX Voice... Can't find this submitted by...
  10. PC hits black screen on boot, visual artifacts and freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    PC hits black screen on boot, visual artifacts and freezing: Hi, so for the past week or so my PC has been having problems with random freezing and visual glitches/artifacts appearing on screen when I'm using it. Often it will happen when I'm watching a video, sometimes just a quick freeze/flicker but a few times the screen completely...