Windows 10: 18885 - wrong display make/model recognized - display issues

Discus and support 18885 - wrong display make/model recognized - display issues in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; upon installing 18885.rs_prerelease.190419-1606 the build is recognizing my ultrawide LG 34UM57 monitor as an Acer model. i now have no nvidia driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by soacone, Apr 28, 2019.

1. soacone Win User

18885 - wrong display make/model recognized - display issues

upon installing 18885.rs_prerelease.190419-1606 the build is recognizing my ultrawide LG 34UM57 monitor as an Acer model. i now have no nvidia driver support for my evga gtx 980 sc acx 2.0. thus resulting in improper resolution and an all around poor display performance.
    any ideas?

have downloaded monitor specific drivers, etc.

PC BUILD SPECS:
    mobo: asus p8z68v-pro gen 3
    cpu: intel i7 2600k (overclocked to 4.8ghz stable)
    ram: g.skill ripjawsZ f3-17000cl9q-16gbzh [ddr3 16gb] (overclocked to 2133mhz stable)
    gpu: evga geforce gtx 980 sc acx 2.0
    psu: corsair tx850
    ssd: samsung 840 series 512gb
    cooling solution: nzxt kraken x62 v2

:)

soacone, Apr 28, 2019

2. wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model

There you go. The wrong model number listed by bother you, but its not really going affect anything performance wise.

alphanumeric, Apr 28, 2019
  4. 18885 - wrong display make/model recognized - display issues

Display Issue with new update

Hi Fletcher,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would lie to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the display driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

18885 - wrong display make/model recognized - display issues

1. 18885 - wrong display make/model recognized - display issues - Similar Threads - 18885 wrong display

2. Recurring issue with PC not recognizing Display Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring issue with PC not recognizing Display Port: Hello,About a month ago I bought a new 4k monitor and connected it to my video card via Display Port RTX 2080 TI. Ever since getting the new monitor I've had constant display issues and I'm not sure what the problem is. My prior setup was dual monitor, one was HDMI and one...
  3. Recurring issue with PC not recognizing Display Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring issue with PC not recognizing Display Port: Hello,About a month ago I bought a new 4k monitor and connected it to my video card via Display Port RTX 2080 TI. Ever since getting the new monitor I've had constant display issues and I'm not sure what the problem is. My prior setup was dual monitor, one was HDMI and one...
  4. Wrong Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong Display Resolution: TLDR: Windows 10 won't show proper display resolution. 1920x1080 resolution shows up and shows applied, but is not actually applied. Google Search not helping. OG: Windows 10 will not display 1080p resolution and I am at a loss for what to do. I have uninstalled and...
  5. The wrong font is displaying.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The wrong font is displaying.: Dear Microsoft & Users, I am experiencing this specifically on my Laptop, i've tried it on different computers, its working fine on others but not in mine. System Details :- Lenovo Z-51, Windows 10 [ATTACH]...
  6. open box/display model

in Windows 10 Customization
    open box/display model: I recently purchased a out of box display model from the store got it home tried to do some online classes but it kicks me off in a couple of minutes with no activity I looked in the settings and saw multiple apps containing retail demo but It would not let me uninstall. just...
  7. Multi Display Issues. BIOS screen in wrong display.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi Display Issues. BIOS screen in wrong display.: I'm having an issue with my displays and the way programs are opening on them. I am using two displays: - Dell 24" LED Monitor (SE2416) | Resolution 1920 x 1080 - LG 50" 4K Ultra HD LED LCD TV Both Which are connected to my graphics card via HDMI 2.1 cables. My Dell...
  8. hdmi display not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi display not recognized: I just plugged in a hdmi monitor to my laptop. Display will not detect it. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-display-not-recognized/3b83c5ce-1310-4afe-bad6-d2b30d09a06d
  9. Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model: Hello everyone. I just fresh installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit on my new pc. The problem is that system info in windows displays my motherboard as gigabyte g1 sniper b5 but I have gigabyte g1 b6 sniper. I checked in bios and it displays the motherboard correctly. Some third...
  10. Wrong display on startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wrong display on startup: I use two monitors, but the wrong one has the display when I start the computer. Monitor 1 is at the left and monitor 2 at the right, in front of me. Although monitor 2 is designated as the main display, when the computer starts up, a display appears only on monitor 1, and...