Windows 10: 1903 changes settings I have made in the past years

Discus and support 1903 changes settings I have made in the past years in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using Windows for a very long time, and throughout that time, I have learned a lot about how it works. I have specifically made registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewChops, Jul 18, 2019.

1. 1903 changes settings I have made in the past years

I have been using Windows for a very long time, and throughout that time, I have learned a lot about how it works. I have specifically made registry changes for certain things, disabled certain start up programs, and modified a lot of driver settings. This problem I am facing is the exact same problem I faced during the 1806 update: the update reverts nearly every system change I have made. The only thing it does not seem to change is enabling my pagefile (I don't use a pagefile since I have 32GB of RAM, and I don't mind not getting dumps of my BSODs).

Here is a small list of some of the things it DOES change, of which I really do not want:

• Re-enabling Windows Defender: I have learned myself how to handle viruses and avoid them when I get them, which has been never for 9 years now. This update re-enabled the boot driver, start up programs, and whatever other anti-virus features I purposely have disabled. Why does this update re-enable it, and why is it impossible for me to now disable it from starting up? I can't even change the registry key setting to disable it, it's like it oversees my acions and prevents me from changing the start value from 0 to 4.
    • Re-enabling the search index: out of all the changes, this one ticked me off the most. I can understand why MS would re-enable anti-virus for the average user who might have not know it was disabled, but the search index is a very simple control panel setting, and turning it back on is to me like changing a personalized setting, not a system setting.
    • Changing NVIDIA driver settings: after the update finished, I was greeted by a less than full spectrum of colors on my monitor, which I was surprised by. Nvidia control panel was SPECIFICALLY set to give me a full range of color values, from 0 to 255, but this update decided I shouldn't be seeing full color images, and instead put the range down to 16 to 235.

That is just a few things, there are a lot of other very deep settings I have changed over an entire year of 1806. But the question remains, why do these updates change so many of my core settings to something I don't want? I don't have weeks of time on my hand to go back and figure out EXACTLY every settings that was there previously. I have rolled back to 1806, which thankfully kept every settings and change I've made over the years. I really hope there is a good explanation to this, but most of all if there is a way to mitigate this issue while still updating Windows itself.

Thank you in advance.

:)

MatthewChops, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 18, 2019
  4. 1903 changes settings I have made in the past years

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1903 changes settings I have made in the past years

1. 1903 changes settings I have made in the past years - Similar Threads - 1903 changes settings

2. Constant bluescreens for the past year

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant bluescreens for the past year: I get bluescreens for no reason all the time with different error codes and can't figure out why.Here is my most recent dump file, I can send more as well.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading...
  3. Constant bluescreens for the past year

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant bluescreens for the past year: I get bluescreens for no reason all the time with different error codes and can't figure out why.Here is my most recent dump file, I can send more as well.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading...
  4. BSODs for the past two years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs for the past two years.: Hello,I've been having BSODs for the past roughly 2 years, on specific games, I'm on a high-end computer, and I'm at the point where it seems like it has to be a hardware issue, I've tried uninstalling massive amounts of drivers including the Xbox controller driver, factory...
  5. BSODs for the past two years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs for the past two years.: Hello,I've been having BSODs for the past roughly 2 years, on specific games, I'm on a high-end computer, and I'm at the point where it seems like it has to be a hardware issue, I've tried uninstalling massive amounts of drivers including the Xbox controller driver, factory...
  6. BSODs for the past two years.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. any disadvantages if I change the date to a past year?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    any disadvantages if I change the date to a past year?: Hello, everyone. I would like to do the Christmas event in Terraria, which is only available in December. You can simplify this by changing the computer date to the particular reason. Are there any bugs (updates don't work properly anymore, etc) or can I use and change them...
  8. ?no changes have been made errors?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ?no changes have been made errors?: my laptop cannot be reset"no changes were made errors"... and reinstalling it with usb has also been tried does not work too little memory. uff helps me buiiteeeeeeeeeee ?es wurden keine veränderungen vorgenommen fehler?
  9. 1903 changed Fast Startup settings??

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 changed Fast Startup settings??: Has the 1903 update removed the ability to disable Fast Startup? 134756
  10. Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving: I'm having some issues making changes in Windows 10 Home, whenever I make a change in services, for example disabling the Windows Update service, I can reboot the device and it has changed back to manual. Same thing happens for the time service, if I change it to automatic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changes made to 1903