Windows 10: 1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take

Discus and support 1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new Acer laptop. It is fast and has a SSD drive. I recently had it updated to 1809. It now says 1903 is ready to be d/l and installed. Of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by compiler7, Jun 26, 2019.

1. compiler7 Win User

1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take

I have a new Acer laptop. It is fast and has a SSD drive.

I recently had it updated to 1809.

It now says 1903 is ready to be d/l and installed.

Of course, I read the forums and read about all the issues.

What should I expect? How long should it take?

Am I just better off going the ISO route?

Mel

:)

compiler7, Jun 26, 2019

2. DIVX player D/L fails

When I run the Windows update troubleshooter it says I have a missing or corrupt service registration and that I should reset it but it didn't tell me how! I know nothing about PC's (obviously) so I don't know how to reset it or why I should have to.

I am using Win 10. I had Win 7 and accepted the free download from MSN when it became available. It's not a bootleg copy and everything else so far has worked and D/L'ed fine.

The DIVX installer D/L's fine but when I try to run it (as adm.) I get a pop-up that says
    "an error has occurred. Please check your internet settings and try again."

Windows also suggested I modify the register to solve the problem. (with my very limited PC skills I wouldn't do that on a dare!) Sounds dangerous!

As I stated before, this DIVX D/L is the only problem I have had with any D/L's.

I haven't made any changes to my PC. I did uninstall the old DIVX player when the new player DL failed per a suggestion from another tech site but that didn't help.

thanks for the help,

lige

lige perry, Jun 26, 2019
  3. AnEdge Win User
    since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet

go into the driver and click update driver>browse my computer for driver software>Let me pick from a list of device drivers...Tell me what you have...The original driver should be listed there, that's the one you want to use
    let me know how it goes, you need to go down the list if there are a few , install each one, one by one until its up...are there a few of them?

AnEdge, Jun 26, 2019
  4. 1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take

DIVX player D/L fails

I'm trying to D/L the newest DIVX plus web player but I keep getting a pop-up that says there is a problem and Windows will search for an answer and get back with me. So far they've been pretty quiet! What do I need to do to get this to download?

I have removed the old player as DIVX suggests but that didn't help. I am using Win 10 and Firefox 41.0

lige perry, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take

1. 1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take - Similar Threads - 1903 install long

2. Total reset - how long should it take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Total reset - how long should it take?: I have elected to do a total clean reset of my laptop opewrating on Windows 10. All seemed to be going well. However the machine seems to have stuck on 'Restarting' for some considerable time/ How long should it take?...
  3. Total reset - how long should it take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Total reset - how long should it take?: I have elected to do a total clean reset of my laptop opewrating on Windows 10. All seemed to be going well. However the machine seems to have stuck on 'Restarting' for some considerable time/ How long should it take?...
  4. Total reset - how long should it take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how long should a repair-install take?

how long should a repair-install take?: I'm using Win10_2004_English_x64.iso I'm going to select "not right now" for including further updates during the repair, and only do the repair using the ISO my HDD. I'm going to turn off my WIFI during the install so that Windows doesn't try to get anything else. Why?...
  6. How long does 20H2 take to install from 1903?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long does 20H2 take to install from 1903?: Pretty much as the title says. I’ve downloaded the update from Windows Update and now it’s prompting me to restart my computer, i was wondering for anyone else who has updated from 1903 to 20H2 how long this took for them? submitted by /u/BlackMaster812 [link] [comments]...
  7. How long should adding a user take?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How long should adding a user take?: I added a user. Then rebooted my laptop and logged in as the new user. My lsptop has had a black screen for over an hour. I don’t want to shut it down if it is just porting apps over but it seems like it might have encojntered a problem. Doed snyone know what to do about...
  8. How long should a reset take?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should a reset take?: Hey, clueless about anything and everything pc... got a new one and sending the old one to a friend. Trying to reset it. It is currently at a small blue screen saying Preparing to reset. Under that is a circle of rotating lil dots, and a message saying, Preparing to reset...
  9. Windows update 1903. How long should the initialising stage take?

Windows update 1903. How long should the initialising stage take?: I got the option to update my windows to version 1903. Should the initialising stage take long? Can I cancel the update? Should I just let it run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-1903-how-long-should-the/9192d1e6-72ca-4db0-a814-d1d50df762b9
  10. How long should preparation for upgrade take?

How long should preparation for upgrade take?: I am upgrading from Windows 7 on a brand new computer. It has been in the "Getting your upgrade ready" stage for at least seven hours and, in fact, has been at 99 percent for at least an hour Is this normal? If not, what should I do? 56870

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1903 taking forever

2. how long does it take for windows 10 1903 update

3. how long does windows 1903 take to install?

4. 1903 how long install