Windows 10: 1903 Notepad.exe is missing icons.

Discus and support 1903 Notepad.exe is missing icons. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed that after the update to windows 10 pro 64bit to version 1903 that the Notepad.exe shortcut I had on my desktop had no icon. when I double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MYOBU, Jun 11, 2019.

1. MYOBU Win User

1903 Notepad.exe is missing icons.

I noticed that after the update to windows 10 pro 64bit to version 1903 that the Notepad.exe shortcut I had on my desktop had no icon. when I double click it... Notepad does indeed run.

So I alternate clicked the shortcut and looked at the properties

what I discovered was that the shortcut in my start menu points to c:\windows\system32

and my shortcut that was made before the update to 1903 points to c:\windows

1903 Notepad.exe is missing icons. c81baf39-f303-4606-bc3c-7916d437c823?upload=true.png

In the image above it shows that the notepad.exe in the original location actually has a newer version number and no icon

I am not sure if this is an oversight or if the file was corrupted when I upgraded to 1903

Can anyone verify the notepad.exe duality?

Thanks

:)

MYOBU, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Cds47 Win User
    Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. 1903 Notepad.exe is missing icons. - Similar Threads - 1903 Notepad exe

2. exe file missed icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  3. exe file missed icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  4. Windows 10 Missing/Broken EXE Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Missing/Broken EXE Icon: Just the other day an icon for a game I just installed disappeared only a couple days after installing it. The Change Icon screen shows the actual icon, but both the EXE and shortcut show a blank/white icon. However, here's the strange part, making acopy of the EXE shows the...
  5. All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!: Help me! All my exe files are opening in notepad there's a photo. https://prnt.sc/qf2ukf https://prnt.sc/qf2usd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-exe-icon-are-notepad-icons-and-they-open-in/43bc3b50-c84c-4394-9524-83d016bee18e"
  6. Notepad 1903

Notepad 1903: Hello! How can i install the newtest version for the Notepad 1903 ? 138824
  7. Notepad 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notepad 1903: Hello! How can i install the newtest version for the Notepad 1903 ? 138824
  8. 1903: Notepad freezes

1903: Notepad freezes: Just upgraded to 1903. Tried to run Notepad from shortcut and then from .exe in Windows. Freezes and calls home when I try to close it. Other editors (Text Pad, Sciteforautohotkey, Notepad++) work OK. Worked fine in 1809. Help! - Later: can open an existing .txt file with...
  9. 1903: Notepad freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    1903: Notepad freezes: Just upgraded to 1903. Tried to run Notepad from shortcut and then from .exe in Windows. Freezes and calls home when I try to close it. Other editors (Text Pad, Sciteforautohotkey, Notepad++) work OK. Worked fine in 1809. Help! 134356
  10. .exe files opening in notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    .exe files opening in notepad: Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad windows 10 missing icon

2. notepad.exe looses icon

3. Windows10 1903 Notepad