Windows 10: 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

Discus and support 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just did a fresh install on 1903 (on 3 different machines) and each machine displays the same result. I go into Settings and it goes from “Ease of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dubstir, Jun 6, 2019.

1. dubstir Win User

1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

I just did a fresh install on 1903 (on 3 different machines) and each machine displays the same result.

I go into Settings and it goes from “Ease of Access” to “Search” and then 2 seconds later “Cortana” displays between those two items. It happens every single time I open Settings.

Cortana was NOT activated during installation.

Any thoughts?

:)

dubstir, Jun 6, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 6, 2019
  3. jrolson Win User
    Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings

As I have Cortana disabled, is there a way to hide it from the settings?

1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed [​IMG]

When I click on it, there's not many options inside...

1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed [​IMG]

jrolson, Jun 6, 2019
  4. 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

Setting on Cortana doesn't appear?

Hi Rian,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps provided by Sharath Srinivasa, in the link
    below and check if it helps.

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

1. 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed - Similar Threads - 1903 Settings Appearance

2. Long delays for words appear in the monitor!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long delays for words appear in the monitor!: Incredible!!! For more than one year using this Dell Inspiron computer, Windows 10 Home, and I still am struggling with the annoying long delays for appears the words/numbers on the monitor after digited.I can’t believe that Microsoft don’t have people whose should know how...
  3. Long delays for words appear in the monitor!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long delays for words appear in the monitor!: Incredible!!! For more than one year using this Dell Inspiron computer, Windows 10 Home, and I still am struggling with the annoying long delays for appears the words/numbers on the monitor after digited.I can’t believe that Microsoft don’t have people whose should know how...
  4. Cortana randomly appearing

in Cortana
    Cortana randomly appearing: Hi all! So my problem is, that since yestarday 2020.12.27. whenever I use alt+tab or start+tab to change between windows a Cortana window is shown, when I click on it it just says that it's not available in my region which is fine, I don't want to use it anyways. So I just...
  5. Cortana Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings: Hi, I have subscribed for fast ring insider program and yesterday my windows got updated to 2004 build. After that I was facing issues in cortana. Whenever I am opening cortana I am getting the message "sorry but cortana is not available in english india at this time". As...
  6. Cortana not working in 1903

in Cortana
    Cortana not working in 1903: Just upgraded to 1903 and I can't seem to get Cortana to work or see the configuration options for it. When I go into settings all I see is the image below to pick the language. [ATTACH] I checked the task manager and the Cortana processes are running. I tried to use...
  7. How to delay Windows 1903 installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delay Windows 1903 installing: My PC has downloaded the 1903 version. I have delayed the installation for 7 days. How do either extend this delay, or delete the installation files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delay-windows-1903-installing/876288de-908d-4e20-be96-7c99bef5d3dd
  8. Cortana Not Appearing

in Cortana
    Cortana Not Appearing: I recently got a Surface Laptop/Tablet for college. I'm trying to set-up Cortana but I don't see the little house nor notebook anywhere. Cortana will activate through the virtual agent, but I can't seem to find or open Cortana myself. I'm not sure what else to do here....
  9. Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings: As I have Cortana disabled, is there a way to hide it from the settings? [img] When I click on it, there's not many options inside... [img] 133280
  10. Long Delay for UAC Prompt to Appear?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Long Delay for UAC Prompt to Appear?: Since the last update to 1607 Build 14393.576 on two PCs, it now takes about 30s for the UAC prompt or cmd.exe window to first appear on both PCs. Subsequent UAC prompts appear after a normal delay. Both PCs have Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2017. I discovered turning...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 1903 cortana color change registry