Windows 10: 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

Discus and support 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just did a fresh install on 1903 (on 3 different machines) and each machine displays the same result. I go into Settings and it goes from “Ease of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dubstir, Jun 6, 2019.

1. dubstir Win User

1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

I just did a fresh install on 1903 (on 3 different machines) and each machine displays the same result.

I go into Settings and it goes from “Ease of Access” to “Search” and then 2 seconds later “Cortana” displays between those two items. It happens every single time I open Settings.

Cortana was NOT activated during installation.

Any thoughts?

:)

dubstir, Jun 6, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 6, 2019
  3. jrolson Win User
    Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings

As I have Cortana disabled, is there a way to hide it from the settings?

1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed [​IMG]

When I click on it, there's not many options inside...

1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed [​IMG]

jrolson, Jun 6, 2019
  4. 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

Setting on Cortana doesn't appear?

Hi Rian,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps provided by Sharath Srinivasa, in the link
    below and check if it helps.

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

1. 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed - Similar Threads - 1903 Settings Appearance

2. Cortana, Build 1903 and voice integration questions??

in Cortana
    Cortana, Build 1903 and voice integration questions??: I recently learned about the new Build 1903. Sounds good; however, it's not available to my PC. I have a question relating to Cortana; as it relates to this Build. My current laptop has Build 1803 and I'm using Windows 10 Home. Because of my poor eyesight, I would love...
  3. Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings: As I have Cortana disabled, is there a way to hide it from the settings? [img] When I click on it, there's not many options inside... [img] 133280
  4. 1903 & WU Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1903 & WU Settings: As needed, Windows Update notifies when to restart computer. 1903 brings a new setting in WU (circled in screenshot) and I can't find a more detailed explanation for it. Am I correct in thinking if this is turned on, the computer will restart right away as opposed to simply...
  5. Cortana Reminders Aren't Appearing

in Cortana
    Cortana Reminders Aren't Appearing: I have set daily timed reminders such as "remind me to do this at 1:30 p.m. on weekdays," and the reminders are still active as "Upcoming" or "Later" in my Cortana journal, but after I log out of my computer they remain in the journal and never give notifications. I am...
  6. Taskbar Reveal Delay Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Reveal Delay Setting: I put my taskbar is on the left side of the screen for various reasons that I won't go into. I autohide it. My problem is when I accidently mouse over to click something on the very left of a screen, I accidentally trigger the unhide and the taskbar then covers whatever I...
  7. Sound setting not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound setting not appearing: So the settings sound in the "System" part in settings isn't appearing like usual It is gone how to fix this? I want to change the settings of every app but can't...
  8. Long Delay for UAC Prompt to Appear?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Long Delay for UAC Prompt to Appear?: Since the last update to 1607 Build 14393.576 on two PCs, it now takes about 30s for the UAC prompt or cmd.exe window to first appear on both PCs. Subsequent UAC prompts appear after a normal delay. Both PCs have Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2017. I discovered turning...
  9. Cortana and Location settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Location settings: After a restart, Cortana always requests that I allow Location settings. I do that, and all is well, until the next restart, when the whole process needs to be repeated. It seems the location setting turn off by itself!!Please help 52732
  10. Cortana registry setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana registry setting?: Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry? Thank you! 80773