Windows 10: 1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al

Discus and support 1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; 1903 erased installed games of which I had only three-reinstall-fixed and don't care about the saved data It wiped out scaling of both displays and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 10fused, Jul 21, 2019.

1. 10fused Win User

1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al

1903 erased installed games of which I had only three-reinstall-fixed and don't care about the saved data

It wiped out scaling of both displays and changed audio output to "the other one"- intel display properties, rescale-fixed

audio fixed easy

PDF .doc and .docx thumbnail images won't work although it displays great thumbnail images of .odt and .jpg's

I tried the Adobe DC fix - NFG

I tried all the other "fixes" I could find on this forum (most all aged and pre-1903) - annoyed

Can anyone help?

I am hopeful, almost sure the 1903 update didn't wreck anything else although I'd like to be sure.

:)

10fused, Jul 21, 2019

2. Preview and thumbnails of pdf files are not available

Hi Michelle, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

Preview and Thumbnails of PDF files can be disabled on your PC . . .

I suggest that you follow steps below to enable this feature

Start Adobe Reader

Tap on Edit in the menu bar and select Preferences

Under Categories highlight General

Put the checkmark next to the box Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer

I also recommend the article - Enable thumbnail of PDFs in Windows Explorer to get further information

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-pd...

Martin Jenkinss, Jul 21, 2019
  3. PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?

I am having this problem with PDF files. Some of them show the 1st page of the file(mostly books front cover) as thumbnail image on the desktop, and, inside folders, but, some don't show the thumbnail image of the first page in the file. These files that don't show the thumbnail image, just show the same standard icon of the program that is used to open the PDF files.For example, I am using PDF-Xchange program for PDF files right now. So, these files just show a PDF file Icon for that program. I do not know what is causing some files to show the thumbnail images, but, others don't. It helps me a lot if I can see the 1st page of the file(mostly Books Front covers) as a thumbnail image. I appreciate any help with this issue. Thanks in advance.

ILIAS BURKETT, Jul 21, 2019
  4. 1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al

PDF Thumbnail Preview in Windows Explorer without installed PDF Preview Handler?

Can PDF thumbnails in Windows Explorer (7 or 8 or 10) show the first page of the PDF file without having to install a custom PDF Preview Handler from Adobe or Foxit or from Tracker Software or from one of the other known preview providers?

Please note: I do NOT mean the specific File Preview pane in Windows Explorer where one can scroll through all the pages of a PDF document (which is provided by a PDF Preview Handler e.g. from Adobe)!

I explicitly mean the thumbnails inside the Windows Explorer browsing area when the Windows Explorer View Mode is set to THUMBNAILS.

If the answer is NO: Can you suggest a MINIMAL installation package for this functionality (thumbnails displaying PDF first page) without having to install Adobe Reader or one of those large PDF packages from one of the other PDF brands?

user1580348, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al

1. 1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al - Similar Threads - 1903 train wreck

2. Confused by BSODS - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED et al.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused by BSODS - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED et al.: My computer has been plagued by BSODs lately. They are varying in frequency from ~10 minutes after startup to 2 months since last BSOD, but the most often received stop code is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have tried many solutions and tried to find potential drivers that...
  3. Confused by BSODS - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED et al.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused by BSODS - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED et al.: My computer has been plagued by BSODs lately. They are varying in frequency from ~10 minutes after startup to 2 months since last BSOD, but the most often received stop code is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have tried many solutions and tried to find potential drivers that...
  4. Train Wreck! Windows 10 PC v2004 (build19041.1052)

in Windows 10 Support
    Train Wreck! Windows 10 PC v2004 (build19041.1052): Well, I've done it now. I'm not really sure how I did it but I have totally disabled my Windows 10 PC! I was doing an "empty trash" on PLEX to get rid of some ghost files that PLEX had already tagged as TRASH but had failed to remove. The files originally had a path to my H:...
  5. Not seeing properties et al on this window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not seeing properties et al on this window: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ClintJohnMitchell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0r8io/not_seeing_properties_et_al_on_this_window/
  6. [SOLVED] PDF Thumbnail images NOT SHOWING in in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] PDF Thumbnail images NOT SHOWING in in subfolders: Windozer10 1909, 2004 RAM 32gb Intel i7 6700 Problem: Thumbnail images of PDF files within sub-folders of a folder one day stopped to show. (image2 "The sub-folders with PDF icons.jpg") Only PDF icons, while when opening the folder I can see all the thumbnails (Imge1 "The...
  7. Kernel Security Check Failure et. al.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Security Check Failure et. al.: Long story of woe: 1. Sometime ago, Dell Support Assist started offering an update to an Intel WiFi driver that has not been installed. Dell tried valiantly to figure out why this was, could not, suggested installing a new copy of Windows 10 to see if that would fix it. 2....
  8. No thumbnails for videos or images in 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    No thumbnails for videos or images in 10 1903: i have been trying for several days now to get thumbnails for images and videos to show with no luck in 10 1903. i've installed the latest media preview as i have in the past, but even with it i still do not get any thumbnails. i'm at a lost as what would be causing this, so...
  9. 1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al: 1903 erased installed games of which I had only three-reinstall-fixed and don't care about the saved data It wiped out scaling of both displays and changed audio output to "the other one"- intel display properties, rescale-fixed audio fixed easy PDF .doc and .docx...
  10. PDF thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF thumbnails: I’d like to learn how the file explorer preview pane display thumbnails of PDF documents. I need it to capture and then save the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs to a photo format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc)....