Windows 10: 1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al

Discus and support 1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; 1903 erased installed games of which I had only three-reinstall-fixed and don't care about the saved data It wiped out scaling of both displays and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 10fused, Jul 21, 2019.

1. 10fused Win User

1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al

1903 erased installed games of which I had only three-reinstall-fixed and don't care about the saved data

It wiped out scaling of both displays and changed audio output to "the other one"- intel display properties, rescale-fixed

audio fixed easy

PDF .doc and .docx thumbnail images won't work although it displays great thumbnail images of .odt and .jpg's

I tried the Adobe DC fix - NFG

I tried all the other "fixes" I could find on this forum (most all aged and pre-1903) - annoyed

It isn't like I expect it to display partially animated video thumbnails or spectrograph of audio thumbnails but, that would be nice and greatly appreciated if enabling that paid for me a new car and cooked my meals. <sarcasm, lighted hearted at that>

Can anyone help?

I am hopeful, almost sure the 1903 update didn't wreck anything else although I'd like to be sure.

:)

10fused, Jul 21, 2019

2. Windows 10: Hide document thumbnails and show image thumbnails

(1) Show icons, which makes it impossible to view previews of your image files.

(2) Show thumbnails, which mean that the document files (docx, csv, txt) are also displayed as thumbnails. This makes the desktop look cluttered (in my opinion) and wrecks the user experience.

Is it possible to display the standard icons for certain file types (document files) and previews for image and video files?

Alternatively, is it possible to show icons in certain folders and thumbnails in image folders?

I am sure that I am not the only frustrated Windows 10 user who feels this way. Help appreciated.

Ned Hulton, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Thumbnails error for Images

Hi Myra,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried disabling the "Always show icon, never thumbnail" in
      "Folder and search options", to a different folder and check if the same thing happens?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you enable and then disable the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Image thumbnails not showing

Hi,

Your concern about the performance of your device when viewing photo thumbnails can be due to its configuration and/or corrupted system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on multiple image file extensions. Examples are JPEG, JFIF, BAT, GIF, and PNG.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

Based on the steps that you've already performed, we'd recommend performing the following to recreate the thumbnail cache:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the left pane, click This PC.
    • Right-click the C: drive where Windows 10 is installed, and select Properties.
    • Click the Disk Cleanup button.
    • Check the Thumbnails option, and uncheck all the other options.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Delete Files to confirm and to complete the task.

In the event that the steps did not suffice, we'd recommend going through the commands posted below to further isolate your concern:

• Open Start.
    • Search for Command Prompt.
    • Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to stop File Explorer and press Enter.

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    • Type the following command to delete all the thumbnail database files without asking for confirmation and press Enter.:

del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db
    • Type the following command to start File Explorer and press Enter.

start explorer.exe
    • Close Command Prompt to complete the task.

Note: We understand that you've already performed two of the commands listed. We've detailed the known succession and format of commands that works on many occasions on other users.

Also, if you've only experienced this issue on images with JPEG/JPG/JPE file extensions, we'd recommend

downloading the registry items
    that we've prepared for you and merge them on your existing registry configuration. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Once download is complete, right-click on one of the registry items.

1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al 72a00d61-b79f-4d3e-afac-bec50f0afed1?upload=true.png
    • Select Merge.

1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al a47df25c-fb45-43b9-8b15-05973d7a2839?upload=true.png

Note: Changes in the registry may cause issues on your device when done incorrectly. To secure your device, we'd recommend backing it up by performing the steps posted on this

link
    . The article also includes steps on how you can restore them in case you need to.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. 1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al - Similar Threads - 1903 train wreck

2. Confused by BSODS - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED et al.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused by BSODS - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED et al.: My computer has been plagued by BSODs lately. They are varying in frequency from ~10 minutes after startup to 2 months since last BSOD, but the most often received stop code is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have tried many solutions and tried to find potential drivers that...
  3. Confused by BSODS - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED et al.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused by BSODS - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED et al.: My computer has been plagued by BSODs lately. They are varying in frequency from ~10 minutes after startup to 2 months since last BSOD, but the most often received stop code is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have tried many solutions and tried to find potential drivers that...
  4. Train Wreck! Windows 10 PC v2004 (build19041.1052)

in Windows 10 Support
    Train Wreck! Windows 10 PC v2004 (build19041.1052): Well, I've done it now. I'm not really sure how I did it but I have totally disabled my Windows 10 PC! I was doing an "empty trash" on PLEX to get rid of some ghost files that PLEX had already tagged as TRASH but had failed to remove. The files originally had a path to my H:...
  5. Not seeing properties et al on this window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not seeing properties et al on this window: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ClintJohnMitchell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0r8io/not_seeing_properties_et_al_on_this_window/
  6. Kernel Security Check Failure et. al.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Security Check Failure et. al.: Long story of woe: 1. Sometime ago, Dell Support Assist started offering an update to an Intel WiFi driver that has not been installed. Dell tried valiantly to figure out why this was, could not, suggested installing a new copy of Windows 10 to see if that would fix it. 2....
  7. No thumbnails for videos or images in 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    No thumbnails for videos or images in 10 1903: i have been trying for several days now to get thumbnails for images and videos to show with no luck in 10 1903. i've installed the latest media preview as i have in the past, but even with it i still do not get any thumbnails. i'm at a lost as what would be causing this, so...
  8. several issues with text management et. al.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    several issues with text management et. al.: I have a Dell XPS13 2 in 1 purchased in March. I've spent an extraordinary amount of time with Dell tech support and they attribute all the problems to Microsoft. I'm not sure how to address these so I'll just do a dump and look for guidance. The most annoying issue is...
  9. image on thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...
  10. 1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al: 1903 erased installed games of which I had only three-reinstall-fixed and don't care about the saved data It wiped out scaling of both displays and changed audio output to "the other one"- intel display properties, rescale-fixed audio fixed easy PDF .doc and .docx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 folder thumbnails