Windows 10: 1903 update blocks video playing

Discus and support 1903 update blocks video playing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated existing win 10 computer to version 1903. Now most videos will not play unless I use Edge. Chrome and Firefox display a message "We're sorry,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TedWirtz, Jul 4, 2019.

1. TedWirtz Win User

1903 update blocks video playing

Updated existing win 10 computer to version 1903. Now most videos will not play unless I use Edge. Chrome and Firefox display a message "We're sorry, but a problem is preventing your video from playing.

Any idea why? Do I need to update my video codecs somehow?

Thanks

Ted

:)

TedWirtz, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 4, 2019
  4. 1903 update blocks video playing

video playback issue after windows 10 update

Hi Mark,

Corrupted software and/or driver issues could be the reasons why you're experiencing problems when playing videos. We suggest that you try these steps, then check if the issue persists:

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1903 update blocks video playing

1. 1903 update blocks video playing - Similar Threads - 1903 update blocks

2. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  3. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  4. play video

play video: video plays for 2 minutes when says hour play error OxcOOd3a9a cant play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-video/18b66a8b-579a-4900-8df1-955033124170
  5. Video Blocked

Video Blocked: when i try to watch movies from my hard drive i get the message Application Video.UI.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware how do I resolve this problem Neil Robinson...
  6. No Video signal on computers after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Video signal on computers after 1903 update: Has anyone ran into the problem of no video signal after updating to windows 10. Happened on 2 desktops for me so far. 139882
  7. No Video signal on computers after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    No Video signal on computers after 1903 update: Has anyone ran into the problem of no video signal after updating to windows 10. Happened on 2 desktops for me so far. 139882
  8. Video's will not play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video's will not play: Hello, My laptop (acer) is only 4 years old and it suddenly won't play my videos - I downloaded video's that I originally filmed on my phone and they have played on my laptop in the past but now it suddenly won't. My Windows Media Player suddenly won't play them. Also my...
  9. Photos and videos are blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and videos are blocked: Could you help me with photos and video files that are blocked? This issue occurred suddenly and I cannot “save to” them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-and-videos-are-blocked/6f7e7e0c-5fef-4dda-be7f-1666ba2d63ad
  10. Videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos will not play: Worked fine yesterday and now today any browser that tries to load a video freezes. Any video I try to start with media player or VLC just starts to load up and stops, nothing happens. Have been searching for fixes, Cleared internet history cache, checked in control panel...