Windows 10: 1903 update caused fatal chaos on my system..

Discus and support 1903 update caused fatal chaos on my system.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I was forced to get the 1903 update, after which a large number of issues went wrong with my computer. Installation went smooth, no errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TinusDus, Sep 14, 2019.

1. TinusDus Win User

1903 update caused fatal chaos on my system..

Hi there,

I was forced to get the 1903 update, after which a large number of issues went wrong with my computer. Installation went smooth, no errors or whatever.

After the install however, my computer started having problems with my user account. I couldn't log on anymore with my credentials, but luckily i had another account which i could use to save my files. The account problem was the first of many; video issues, connection issues, programs that always worked without any problem all of the sudden started to give me BSOD's, my screen flickered and went black completely random after which i had to hard reboot because my computer was completely unresponsive, Windows no longer able to start up and went in an startup and reboot loop, and so on and so on. All files that were personal on that account were lost however, the backup's too old unfortunately to be of any use again.

Since i used one-use serials numbers for Office and other programs, i was forced to rebuy those programs because of the havoc that update caused. When i finally reinstalled everything (and bought several programs again) i noticed that windows yet again started to force that update on me. No way to stop it but to stop and disable the update service in whole. Since 1809 wasn't working really as expected either, both updates are a no-go for me. No more updating for me until that nasty 1903 update blows over i guess..

Question now remains: how can i get all other updates again without getting the 1903 (or 1809) update? A rollback is no option, tried that and failed, so is there a way to avoid those two updates but get the rest?

My comp:

MSI GP72M 7REX Leopard Pro

Intel I7 (7thG) @ 2800mhz

16 gb DDR4

M.2 1TB SSD & 1 SATA 1TB 2.5 HDD

W10 Home running 1803

:)

TinusDus, Sep 14, 2019

2. 1903 update caused fatal chaos on my system..

You do not say what's on this Win10 USB but if this was my machine then I would download and run the Windows Media Creation tool (Windows 10 herunterladen). It already has version 1903, hence you would not
    need to block anything. Your problems were caused by some stuff that has accumulated over the years. This will no longer be an issue.

A coupe of comments:

• All files that were personal on that account were lost.

-> There was no need to lose them. There are several easy methods to extract files from a disk, even when Windows will no longer boot up.
    • The backup's too old unfortunately to be of any use again.

-> Unfortunately this is a common event. Many people will not run a regular backup (e.g. weekly) until they suffer a major catastrophe.
    • Since i used one-use serials numbers for Office and other programs, i was forced to rebuy those programs because of the havoc that update caused.

->
      In such situations it is more or less mandatory to use a partition imaging tool to create an image of your system partition and store it on an external medium. The free version of Macrium Reflect would be an excellent choice. When disaster strikes,
      you restore Windows from the most recent image file.

Frederik Long, Sep 25, 2019
  3. TinusDus Win User

Hi there,

I was forced to get the 1903 update, after which a large number of issues went wrong with my computer. Installation went smooth, no errors or whatever.

After the install however, my computer started having problems with my user account. I couldn't log on anymore with my credentials, but luckily i had another account which i could use to save my files. The account problem was the first of many; video issues,
    connection issues, programs that always worked without any problem all of the sudden started to give me BSOD's, my screen flickered and went black completely random after which i had to hard reboot because my computer was completely unresponsive, Windows no
    longer able to start up and went in an startup and reboot loop, and so on and so on. All files that were personal on that account were lost however, the backup's too old unfortunately to be of any use again.

Since i used one-use serials numbers for Office and other programs, i was forced to rebuy those programs because of the havoc that update caused. When i finally reinstalled everything (and bought several programs again) i noticed that windows yet again started
    to force that update on me. No way to stop it but to stop and disable the update service in whole. Since 1809 wasn't working really as expected either, both updates are a no-go for me. No more updating for me until that nasty 1903 update blows over i guess..

Question now remains: how can i get all other updates again without getting the 1903 (or 1809) update? A rollback is no option, tried that and failed, so is there a way to avoid those two updates but get the rest?

My comp:

MSI GP72M 7REX Leopard Pro

Intel I7 (7thG) @ 2800mhz

16 gb DDR4

M.2 1TB SSD & 1 SATA 1TB 2.5 HDD

W10 Home running 1803

TinusDus, Sep 25, 2019
  4. TinusDus Win User

Well the most commonly used 'fix' is to disable the update service completely. Several forums stated that those forced updates are annoyingly persisting and can only be avoided by avoiding updating completely. There are just as many fixes that talk about
    a rollback, but my attempts at a rollback on both 1809 and 1903 were fruitless to say the least..

Well, I hope someone from microsoft is able to give me some pointers to fix this…

Regards

TinusDus, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. 1903 update caused fatal chaos on my system.. - Similar Threads - 1903 update caused

2. I'm in a chaos!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm in a chaos!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Republic8412 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m44tt5/im_in_a_chaos/
  3. Latest Windows Update Causes Fatal Error World Of WarCraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update Causes Fatal Error World Of WarCraft: Hi I downloaded the latest Windows UpdateFebruary and now it causes the fatal Error 132 and terminates the Program but if i uninstall the update World of Warcraft it runs fine . Is there a way I can Fix this so it doesn't happen? I have updates Temporally turned off....
  4. Update chaos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update chaos: Hi. Just visited my parents and found they have not been able to use their computer or access the internet for a few months because of a microsoft update. I've had a look and got nowhere. They dont have smart phones or internet access now. Passwords Microsoft require are...
  5. Chaos after installing updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Chaos after installing updates: After installing updates recently, I find that if my computer is left and times out/goes to sleep, it can take upwards of 20 minutes to open up. I have been re-starting the computer with the reset button under the power switch Can anyone help please 143562
  6. Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?: I'm seeing a lot of questions here that each have the same problems that I have been encountering. Im about to flip out. I cant tell if I'm being hacked or is it the new additions"features " aka updates. Everything is going haywire. And there is a lot of extra I haven't...
  7. 1903 update caused wifi and Norton to fail

1903 update caused wifi and Norton to fail: I recently allowed my PC, a rather elderly HP Touchsmart 520, to update to what I understand is the latest version of Windows, 1903. What I found was that the update seemed to install correctly, but a day or so later, found that I had no wifi. Initially the pop up screen from...
  8. 1903 update also messed my system up

1903 update also messed my system up: The latest update 1903 is buggy, installed on my computer great, but and ran ok but after it restarted black screen, thought my gfx card was faulty, checked cables etc …. everything ok restarted BSOD …. reset …. black screen …. checked cables …. restarted computer came on...
  9. Fatal Totally Unundersttod 1903 Install Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fatal Totally Unundersttod 1903 Install Error: (I posted about this in a lengthy thread in Windows 10 News, with not a single reply, so I am going to try here to see if perhaps I can gain some attention.) Yesterday, I was using Windows10Upgard9252.exe on my wife's computer, after it did a good job of updating from 1809...
  10. Windows 10 update chaos

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update chaos: Hi all, After a recent update, Windows, basically, deleted my existing desktop. I've had to reinstall apps, wallpapers, settings, and browsers (Firefox and Chrome) but now all my passwords and bookmarks are missing. Contacted Windows tech who performed a remote...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 hp laptop dwm.exe failed to start correctly