Windows 10: 1903 update caused wifi and Norton to fail

Discus and support 1903 update caused wifi and Norton to fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently allowed my PC, a rather elderly HP Touchsmart 520, to update to what I understand is the latest version of Windows, 1903. What I found was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobinMcKenzie_CAM, Sep 10, 2019.

1. 1903 update caused wifi and Norton to fail

I recently allowed my PC, a rather elderly HP Touchsmart 520, to update to what I understand is the latest version of Windows, 1903. What I found was that the update seemed to install correctly, but a day or so later, found that I had no wifi. Initially the pop up screen from the task menu showed my wifi, but did not recognise the router password, saying something about changes. After several goes my PC just did not display any wifi settings either on the pop up screen from the task menu, or from the screen from the settings menu. I tried the devices screen but the Network Adapters all professed to be working correctly; clearly something was wrong though. Then I found that the PC could not call up Norton when clicked.

It is not the router that is the problem, as all other devices are working correctly (though my daughter needed to re-enter her router password to gain internet access on her Microsoft Surface after her update).

I thought I would have to buy a new PC. However I found the Recovery button, and reinstalled the existing version of Windows. Everything is now back as it was, including wifi access and Norton.

Windows now does not allow me to shut down (unless I pull the plug at the back) unless I update.

How can I ensure that when I do update, Microsoft will have fixed any bug?

Processor runs Intel Core i3-2120 CPU at 3.30Ghz

:)

RobinMcKenzie_CAM, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 10, 2019
  3. wpcoe Win User
    No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox.

Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the list on the left is:
    Status
    Ethernet
    Dial-up
    VPN
    Airplane mode
    Date usage
    Proxy
    WiFi appears no place in that window. Network status shows No Internet Access.

What step am I missing to be able to access the internet from within the Sandbox using my computer's WiFi connection?

wpcoe, Sep 10, 2019
  4. 1903 update caused wifi and Norton to fail

Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1903 update caused wifi and Norton to fail

1. 1903 update caused wifi and Norton to fail - Similar Threads - 1903 update caused

2. 1903 Update fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 Update fail: I have been trying to update from w10 1803 to 1903 without success. I get to about 80% and then get the message could not configure one or more system components. I have tried various fixes like dism and sfc. I have tried to reinstall w10 from an iso download all goes well...
  3. 1903 fails

1903 fails: Hi I have 1903 installed and it has been very troublesome and decided to reinstall using Windows Media Creation tool etc. When it gets to the final downloading Windows 10 it fails at 73% of installation. Tried six times even using my earlier 10 1909 ISO. Windows is adding...
  4. August 1903 updates failed

August 1903 updates failed: After over four hours the four Windows 10 updates failed to complete and removed changes. Restart provided log in screen and no bootup. Just spinning dots for thirty minutes and then blank screen. This is a fairly new pc. I need help to get this pc operating....
  5. 1809 wifi not working after update to 1903 failed then rollback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1809 wifi not working after update to 1903 failed then rollback: Asus Vivotab Note 8 (M80TA) tablets: Atom CPU Z3740 1.33 GHz processors I have 2 machines: 1 x 32gb and 1 x 64gb. Machines are otherwise identical. Going from a start-point where both machines worked perfectly on 1809. On the 64gb machine 1903 installed with no problems....
  6. 1809 wifi not working after update to 1903 failed then rollback

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1809 wifi not working after update to 1903 failed then rollback: Asus Vivotab Note 8 (M80TA) tablets: Atom CPU Z3740 1.33 GHz processors I have 2 machines: 1 x 32gb and 1 x 64gb. Machines are otherwise identical. Going from a start-point where both machines worked perfectly on 1809. On the 64gb machine 1903 installed with no problems....
  7. Failed Version 1903 Updates

Failed Version 1903 Updates: Tech Team: Hi. My laptop is an HP Presario Compaq CQ50-210 US Notebook, OS Windows 10 Pro, build 17134.81, version 1803. Its system has been stuck daily, almost constantly, for almost a month, trying to install a Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903. Luckily, I...
  8. 1903 UPDATE NOW NO WIFI !

1903 UPDATE NOW NO WIFI !: 1)I downloaded the1903 update on wifi. 2) No wifi now, no usb phone connection, only cable connection. 3) Did undo update, the update is rolled back, but still no wifi ! 4) Did reset network, and tried to reinstall manufacturer drivers, error message no wifi card found !...
  9. No wifi after 1903 update

No wifi after 1903 update: 1)I downloaded the1903 update on wifi. 2) No wifi now, no usb phone connection, only cable connection. 3) Did undo update, the update is rolled back, but still no wifi ! 4) Did reset network, and tried to reinstall manufacturer drivers, error message no wifi card found !...
  10. Updating from 1803 to 1903 failed

Updating from 1803 to 1903 failed: Hi, I'm trying to apply 1903 update (from 1803) to my system and I'm getting this error: 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation At 60% of the updating progress this error appears: "Windows...