Windows 10: 1903 update ssh tunnel problem

Discus and support 1903 update ssh tunnel problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to create ssh tunnel to port 443 I get error saying: "Privileged ports can only be forwarded by root." To connect I use this command: ssh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MihaJamšek, Jul 9, 2019.

1. 1903 update ssh tunnel problem

When I try to create ssh tunnel to port 443 I get error saying: "Privileged ports can only be forwarded by root."

To connect I use this command:

ssh -L 443:secure-domain.com:443 -N *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Now, until I installed update number 1903, I could connect using powershell without problems. Ever since that update I am getting no privileged ports error. I have admin account on my windows machine.

What can I do for a workaround, or should I revert update?

Thank you

:)

MihaJamšek, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Chang2011 Win User

Does Windows Phone 7 support VPN or SSH Tunnel??

Does Windows Phone 7 support VPN or SSH Tunnel + SOCKS Proxy Forwarding??

Android VPN sucks!! But Android market can download SSH tunnel software.

Apple VPN is great. But Apple doesn't support SSH tunnel.

Living in evil China we need either VPN or SSH to "climb the wall" to access the Facebook or Twitter.

Don't get me wrong. I am not Chinese.

Chang2011, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Manny_882 Win User
    Windows 10 SSH Tunnel with Putty

Greetings. Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit and having some difficulties with passing internet traffic through the localhost proxy when creating a SSH tunnel with Putty. Putty connects to the Linux server running SSH. I was able to successfully to do this
    before Windows 10. I have tried Firefox and Chrome and both failed to connect to the proxy under Windows 10. Edge browser gives me the same error. I have disable the firewall and antivirus with no luck. My laptop with windows 7 is able to tunnel the traffic
    just fine. I have search the internet far and wide and unable to find a answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Manny_882, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Thanatica Win User

1903 update ssh tunnel problem

Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel

Feature request to add SSH tunnel as an alternative to RD Gateway.

I thought it's pretty common, and RD Gateway is fantastically rare (and a living nightmare to set up, especially for those who don't own a Windows server).

What does it take to get this feature added?

Thanatica, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1903 update ssh tunnel problem

1. 1903 update ssh tunnel problem - Similar Threads - 1903 update ssh

2. ssh tunneling not working on new windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssh tunneling not working on new windows 11: I had a Windows 11 21H2 installation, that could not be upgraded to version 22H2. So I decided to install version 22H2 from scratch. In my previous installation I could use remote editing with ssh ssh -R 52698:localhost:5268. This doesnt work not more. I have already checked...
  3. ssh tunneling not working on new windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssh tunneling not working on new windows 11: I had a Windows 11 21H2 installation, that could not be upgraded to version 22H2. So i decided to install version 22H2 from scratch. In my previous installation i could use remote editing with ssh ssh -R 52698:localhost:5268. This doesnt work not more. I have already checked...
  4. SSH problem / windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSH problem / windows 10 pro: Hi all,I can not connect with ssh in my pc.when I do ssh from another pc in my network it gives me this message :Permission denied publickey,password,keyboard-interactive.from my PC event viewer I find this in SSH operator Logs :sshd: Connection reset by invalid user pkost...
  5. Introduction To SSH Tunneling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Introduction To SSH Tunneling: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AfroBoyUg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tqw9py/introduction_to_ssh_tunneling/
  6. Problem with Teredo tunneling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Teredo tunneling: Hi I have a big problem with teredo tunneling adapter I can't seem to uninstall it or to reinstall it the device manager and for Xbox it says it's off windows 10 pc btw. I tried every single fix I could find I can't seem to get it fixed so I'm Gonna put CMD commands that show...
  7. 1903 update probleme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 update probleme: I updated my windows today but when the update finished the pc restarded but after a while it's stuck on welcome screen then I waited 2h the welcome turned to restart automatique then it's started again but it's stuck again in welcome screen I restarted the pc after 4hours 3...
  8. Updating to 1903 with no problems

Updating to 1903 with no problems: I was able to update my new HP Windows10 Home to build 1903 last night with no problems. I shut down all programs running in the background, ran my preferred "clean-up" temp cleaner, set a new restore point and went for it ......... Absolutely no problems!! I don't know if...
  9. 1903 Update Problems

1903 Update Problems: Following the earlier Windows 10 1903 update, I had major problems viz. unable to find or access Office Word, Excel, Live Mail and McAfee Live Save all of which were preloaded onto my Dell laptop prior to purchase. I have reset to a UK keyboard, arranged reload of McAfee...
  10. Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel: Feature request to add SSH tunnel as an alternative to RD Gateway. I thought it's pretty common, and RD Gateway is fantastically rare (and a living nightmare to set up, especially for those who don't own a Windows server). What does it take to get this feature added?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 1903 ssh

2. windows 1903 vpn hibernate

3. version 1903 no terredo tunnel