Windows 10: 1903 updated eventually, now microsoft search doesn't work.

Discus and support 1903 updated eventually, now microsoft search doesn't work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, i've tried this Please follow the suggestions mentioned below: Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC. Click File >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by humpty_1, Sep 5, 2019.

1. humpty_1 Win User

1903 updated eventually, now microsoft search doesn't work.

hello, i've tried this

Please follow the suggestions mentioned below:

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    2. Click File > Run New Task
    3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    4. Type CMD
    5. Type the following 4 commands at the Command Prompt:
      dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      sfc /scannow
      powershell
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    6. Close the CMD window.
    7. Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

i managed to dissable cortana in task manager and chaging the name to old. but when in powershell i get this problem, and the search still doesn't work. any help ?

1903 updated eventually, now microsoft search doesn't work. ac48f44c-ad58-46c9-b0ba-90d7e90b97c4?upload=true.png

:)

humpty_1, Sep 5, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

1903 updated eventually, now microsoft search doesn't work. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Shoaib Win User

Windows-10 update KB4058043: Search bar doesn't work after update

After the most recent Store reliability update (KB4058043), I have the exact same problems as described in a year-old update issue:

Windows 10 Anniversary update: Search bar doesn't work after update

In addition to the start menu, entering search text in the "Windows Settings" dialog's search-box also freezes it.

I've tried all solutions provided therein, but none has worked so far. So far I've tried solutions based on

• DCIM tool
    • A PowerShell script
    • Tweaking.com's repair tool

How do I fix it?

Shoaib, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. 1903 updated eventually, now microsoft search doesn't work. - Similar Threads - 1903 updated eventually

2. URGENT! Accidently deleted Windows search and now search doesn't work on the taskbar and in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URGENT! Accidently deleted Windows search and now search doesn't work on the taskbar and in...: So I accidently deleted windows 10 search from here and how do I recover it. I know this is my fault but please someone help. I don't have any backups please can someone just like give me it to download the folder from their computer....
  3. URGENT! Accidently deleted Windows search and now search doesn't work on the taskbar and in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT! Accidently deleted Windows search and now search doesn't work on the taskbar and in...: So I accidently deleted windows 10 search from here and how do I recover it. I know this is my fault but please someone help. I don't have any backups please can someone just like give me it to download the folder from their computer....
  4. URGENT! Accidently deleted Windows search and now search doesn't work on the taskbar and in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search doesn't work

in Cortana
    Search doesn't work: For a while now, seemingly after the May update, the search icon/box doesn't doanything. The thing is, it works on different user... What I tried: taking ownership of C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data and adding full control for my user account rebuilding index...
  6. Search doesn't work

in Cortana
    Search doesn't work: Hi guys, windows search doesn't work since I received May 2020 update. I tried a bunch of solutions such as troubleshooting, resetting etc. They did not work. If anyone knows how to cope with it I would really appreciate some help. Thanks![ATTACH]...
  7. Search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search doesn't work: Basically the title Windows-wide search stopped working for me about a month or 1.5 ago. I can't use the searchbar, I can't use the Windows Explorer search or the search in any of the settings menus / any other menu, basically, no Windows Search at all. It just won't let me...
  8. Disabled Cortana now search bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled Cortana now search bar doesn't work: So I disabled Cortana by the regedit way and by renaming the cortana folder. After doing this my windows search bar and the bottom does nothing when I try and use it. I have tried reversing the disabling of Cortana for a fix but that didn't work as Cortana doesn't show up in...
  9. Transparency doesn't work since update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency doesn't work since update 1903: Hello, Since the last feature update 1903 transparency effects don't work for me. Im going to attach 2 pictures of how it used to look before and how it looks now. Ive tried the command to reset apps from powershell and I tried reinstalling Windows files but it didn't work....
  10. Search Not Working At All After Update to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search Not Working At All After Update to 1903: Well it did work before the update but now there is nothing. The window pops up with search at the bottom but no icons, everything is blank and if i type i anything to search for an hit return it just completely ignores it. 139918