Windows 10: 1903 upgrade - connected, no internet

Discus and support 1903 upgrade - connected, no internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi people, I'm litterally hitting my head against the wall after the last upgrade. Some backstory: we're talking here about an hold custom made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Homocuneensis, Jul 21, 2019.

1. 1903 upgrade - connected, no internet

Hi people,

I'm litterally hitting my head against the wall after the last upgrade.

Some backstory:

we're talking here about an hold custom made desktop pc, originally sold with Windows 7. It was upgraded and working smoothly until some version of windows that could be 1703 or 1710 or such.
    After that, it started struggling updating itself from Windows update, it would try and download a feature update, but during the install part of it would randomly stop around 20-60% and fall back to the old version.

I decided this time I was to manage upgrading, so I used another pc and a faster connection, I downloaded and prepared a media tool installation kit with version 1903. This was successfully tested for upgrading a third pc with no issues.

So I came back to the old desktop, started the process, again it blocked around 30%.
    I removed most of the programs, I tried again with the option "keep only my files" and it finally went trough and upgraded.

Unfortunately after the upgrade I havent been able to connect the computer to the internet, beside from the fact that I actually manage to, but Windows 10 1903 doesn't seem to realise the network is there.

I tried the built in ethernet, a wifi dongle, and a usb dongle. Every single one of those adapther is correctly recognised by Win10, but still "no internet" is all I get.
    All of those options I've tested as well on another OS (I've got a dual boot with Ubuntu), and internet there work perfectly, so it's definetely not an hardware or network issue.

I've been reading all similar posts here on this Community, I tried to reset the network to no avail. I've been trying to change dns and such, flush them, nothing really helps anymore.

Do any of you have suggestions as to how to fix it?

I'm trying for a thrid time to reinstall windows 10 from the USB media tool. I guess next choice would be a clean install deleting all files all together?

:)

Homocuneensis, Jul 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

1903 upgrade - connected, no internet

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1903 upgrade - connected, no internet

1. 1903 upgrade - connected, no internet - Similar Threads - 1903 upgrade connected

2. Backup to 1903 or 1909 without an internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup to 1903 or 1909 without an internet connection: I've managed to install 2004 with no way to revert and no WiFi. I also do not have a cable to reach the computer. I am downloading an ISO file for 1909, 5.42Gb, to a flash drive on my Mac. However, is it enough and how do I install it? If I have to have internet access...
  3. Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade: I upgraded a Dell Latitude E6530 to Win10 from Win7. Everything works great except connecting to internet. Can connect to router with ethernet, laptop wireless card and tp-link wireless dongle, but not to internet. Same result trying to connect to phone hotspot. All...
  4. Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade: Hi, I just got my computer upgraded with some more storage its a 1TB SSD from samsung made for laptops. After I got my computer back from Geek Squad at Best Buy, I had horrible Wi-Fi connection. Before the storage was put in, I got pretty good Wi-Fi and I only used a LAN...
  5. upgrading to 1903

upgrading to 1903: I get error code 0xc1900201 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-1903/50167646-e11e-4d20-a525-9daf485b3182
  6. Upgrade to 1903

Upgrade to 1903: How do I upgrade from 1803 to 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-1903/d8c035bb-789c-49ba-a4c1-48a11f1367a5
  7. WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.

WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.: Hello All I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. which went through OK using my WiFi connection at home. how ever after upgrade my WiFi connection shows all WiFi network available but when I try to connect after entering the password it get disappear and I will have...
  8. Upgrading to 1903

Upgrading to 1903: I have been running 1803 for several months now with no problems. I have my "delay" set to 180 days so that I don't receive a buggy update. I keep up-to-date on the various updates and felt confident that 1903 was OK to update to. I changed my "delay" to 90 days and...
  9. Just upgraded, no internet connection

Just upgraded, no internet connection: Hey guys! I just upgraded to 10 about an hour ago from windows 7. I have no internet connection (it says "limited"). Local area connection does not have a valid ip configuration If I try to reset my IP it tells me Ip address has not yet been associated with the...
  10. No internet connection after upgrade

No internet connection after upgrade: Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 no internet

2. no internet after win 1903

3. win 1903 no internet ethernet

4. internet explorer after 1903,
  5. 1903 win 10 no internet,
  6. windows 10 1903 not connected to internet,
  7. internet explorer removed after upgrading to 1903 feature,
  8. after 1903 ipdate no internet,
  9. no internet after 1903 update,
  10. windows 10 1903 ethernet connection lost after computer sleeps,
  11. windows 10 1903 update ethernet connection lost after computer sleeps,