Windows 10: 1903 upgrade crashed system: "noosinstalled", but it is, drive D:

Discus and support 1903 upgrade crashed system: "noosinstalled", but it is, drive D: in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Gang I think this is an easy problem but I so far have not figured it out after reading through a bunch of threads, using command line repairs to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cognus, Jul 8, 2019.

1. cognus Win User

1903 upgrade crashed system: "noosinstalled", but it is, drive D:

Gang I think this is an easy problem but I so far have not figured it out after reading through a bunch of threads, using command line repairs to boot record etc. I THINK part of the issue is that when i put my Windows 10 USB drive in, boot, select repair, go to command line, check the volumes, the Windows installation shows up as drive D:, while the supposedly hidden partition System Reserved shows up as C:. Even if I use diskpart to hide the Reserved Volume [remove letter], and assign to the right volume letter C:, I still get missing boot/bcd, so I can't operate on repairing bcd.....

All this happened yesterday while downloading/installing Version 1903 over a running version 1803. No idea when it bailed, as I walked away and got busy with other things. Found it dead later, auto repair fails, etc etc etc.
    The message is noosinstalled, which would be true if it is only looking at System Reserved....

help pls

:)

cognus, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Ron_52 Win User

Upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 now D drive missing

Hello,

Upon upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 my D drive is no longer listed under my PC. I tried a search and cannot find it nor can I do a system restore as that requires the D Drive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron_52, Jul 8, 2019
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 8, 2019
  4. 1903 upgrade crashed system: "noosinstalled", but it is, drive D:

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1903 upgrade crashed system: "noosinstalled", but it is, drive D:

1. 1903 upgrade crashed system: "noosinstalled", but it is, drive D: - Similar Threads - 1903 upgrade crashed

2. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Operating System on D drive: I somehow partitioned the drive and now all files are on D:. Of course the laptop won't boot up.Can I merely copy all files from D: to C: and delete D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-on-d-drive/bc606cfb-d323-4662-bdde-e011a75d8209
  3. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System on D drive: I somehow partitioned the drive and now all files are on D:. Of course the laptop won't boot up.Can I merely copy all files from D: to C: and delete D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-on-d-drive/bc606cfb-d323-4662-bdde-e011a75d8209
  4. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  6. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  7. remove d drive as a system drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remove d drive as a system drive.: hi, I am trying to move everything on the main c drive to a bigger drive and make that be my main c drive but d drive thinks it is a system drive and it is really just a data drive. how do i make windows remove d as a system drive so i can complete my main task.thanks...
  8. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  9. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  10. Missing D: drive after system crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing D: drive after system crash: Hello, my computer was running, doing almost nothing when suddenly it crashed (system), nothing special blue screen- collecting data- reboot. When i logged in error message popped up. That it cannot load my desktop ( it was on my D: drive) after several try outs of internet...