Windows 10: 1903 Won't install

Discus and support 1903 Won't install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I work for a tiny company with offices in Singapore and UK I was asked to upgrade all 8 of the Singapore computers to 1903 over the weekend. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Christopher Casasnovas, Oct 6, 2019.

1. 1903 Won't install

I work for a tiny company with offices in Singapore and UK

I was asked to upgrade all 8 of the Singapore computers to 1903 over the weekend.

The upgrade button in Windows Updates worked for 2 of the 8 computer. The rest will not update.

That is a 75% failure rate. All 20 of the UK computers failed to upgrade. Including the UK computer, the failure rate is 93%.

OMG...are we the only ones having this problem? This cannot be right.

All computers run Win 10 Enterprise. All download and try to install and restart. They reach about 60% then undo changes.

I have tried clean boot, disabling are services and devices. But nothing works,

So I look for solutions online. I fine the following 3 solutions (all don't work):

Solution 1) Window Update Troubleshooter

I run troubleshooter. It says it found a problem...the problem is that there are pending updates. Well, of course there are. I would be unlikely to ever hit "Update trouble shooter" if everything updated correctly. The only options troubleshooter gives is to Apply Fix (which is to update) or to do nothing. So I try "apply fix" and it just tries to update and fail again.

This is silly. Now I'm curious. More than I want to update, I want to know what MS was thinking when they wrote the code for trouble shooter.

Just think about it, the average user is only going to run troubleshooter if updates fail and therefore remain pending. Troubleshooter recognises pending updates as an issue (opposed to whatever is causing them to fail) and thinks that trying to install them will fix the issue????? This makes no sense...how could that possibly ever solve anything???? I really want to know. I'm not joking..I want to know the logic behind this because it seems mind-blowingly useless. Thinking about the circular insanity of troubleshooter is keeping me awake and I hope someone can explain it to me.

Imagine this in any other aspect of life.

me: "Hey mechanic, my car won't do this or that. Please have a look"

*mech inspects car* "O, i see a the problem."

me:"cool. it is?"

mech:"Your car would do this and that. "

me: "REALLY?, I know that, I told you that"

mech: "I have a solution."

me: "Great, ....?"

mech: "Lets try doing this and that"

me: "What, really?...i already know that wont work...Don't you wanna try fixing something first? whatever, ok...you try" *crossing fingers*

mech: "that did not work...Im all out of ideas - Oh, btw i was created by the same people who made your car"

OMG NONSENSE -

Solution 2)Update Assistant

ran update assistant and it is able download the update. On 3 computers it gets stuck at 0% install for 36 hours before I give up. On the other 3 computers is restarts. tries to install, then say undoing changes and that's it.

Solution 3) Upgrade from install media

try to upgrade from ISO. It says that the install media does not support this edition or language. Online solution to that error instructs to upgrade from USB. I get the same error. Try to upgrade from bootable USB...it says that ugrade is not possible from bootable USB, must start windows and run normally.

Nothing is working. The only thing I see left to do is a clean install on all computer. But that would require backing up all devices, gathering all the install media and license keys for all software every user uses then re-installing. That work take days on all these computer when it should be as simple as pushing a button.

One of the computer doesn't even show 1903 in the update window anymore but is still running 1803.

What is going on???? Why wont 1903 just upgrade??? This has got to be a MS problem with a 93% failure rate.

:)

Christopher Casasnovas, Oct 6, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Oct 6, 2019
  3. update Ovi Store install stil won`t work

thanks for your reaction,phone won`t install the ovi-store

johnnyloco---01, Oct 6, 2019
  4. 1903 Won't install

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1903 Won't install

1. 1903 Won't install - Similar Threads - 1903 Won't install

2. Windows 10 update 1903 and 1909 won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1903 and 1909 won't install: Windows 10 update 1903 and 1909 won't install until next Update Releases. I've had issues with Both Updates not installing countless times it Downloads & needs to install on restart but fails indefinitely but as i have discovered this isn't a PC issue like a lot of people...
  3. 1903 is not installing

1903 is not installing: I had 1903 start 6 times, only to error and then uninstall itself. Then I tried an in-place upgrade....only, again, to receive the same error! The quality control of MS upgrades is Now I'll be forced to do a complete re-install...which requires backing everything up &...
  4. Windows 10 version 1903 or 1909 won't install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 version 1903 or 1909 won't install: I'm always met with the error code 0xC1900101 or 0x8007042c. It usually goes through the whole update process but when I go to check if it's updated it either says my version of Windows has reached the end of service or there were some problems installing updates. submitted...
  5. 1903 Won't install 2

1903 Won't install 2: This is a re-post here are error log: https://orwelloffshore-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/christopher_casasnovas/EhkKuUhBOKZPicULg5bJOy8BPftO68eZdN18S0lMukrbcg?e=PK3bYa Here is the original post: I work for a tiny company with offices in Singapore and UK I was asked to...
  6. Windows 10 Version 1903 won't install

Windows 10 Version 1903 won't install: So the other day I got a "can't install updates" notification. I went into Settings to see what it said and when I tried to Fix the issues, it kept popping up with the same message that "This PC can't run Windows 10." Well, the laptop is a little less than a year old and it...
  7. Windows won't start after installing 1903.

Windows won't start after installing 1903.: To prepare for Ubuntu dual-boot I put the SSD in AHCI mode instead of RAID and disabled Secure Boot. That worked well, and the computer has behaved normally. After installing "2019-08 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1903" I have issues. On boot I'm told to enter...
  8. To install or not to install 1903?

To install or not to install 1903?: So I find the reports on the hot mess 1903 is. I checked my update history and the last one I have is the (last) update to 1809: Aug 13, 2019--KB4511553 I thought all my updates were auto, but whatever.. Now it IS showing me that 1903 is ready for me to install. I have...
  9. 1903 install

1903 install: 6 hours to download and install feature 1903, and it's only at 89% !! Running off an ethernet cable from a 75/75 router with nothing else running . Of course never got the option to ignore the update. It's taking more time to update from 1803 to 1903 then it takes to setup...
  10. Why won't Windows update 1903 install?

Why won't Windows update 1903 install?: I tried installing the new Windows update 1903 many times after initial failures of the ordinary installation processes both using the update troubleshooter and the Windows Update Assistant app. It won't install. Most recently, using the Assistant app, I got the error message...