Windows 10: 1903 & WU Settings

Discus and support 1903 & WU Settings in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As needed, Windows Update notifies when to restart computer. 1903 brings a new setting in WU (circled in screenshot) and I can't find a more detailed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Crizal, May 22, 2019.

1. Crizal Win User

1903 & WU Settings

As needed, Windows Update notifies when to restart computer. 1903 brings a new setting in WU (circled in screenshot) and I can't find a more detailed explanation for it. Am I correct in thinking if this is turned on, the computer will restart right away as opposed to simply notifying a need to restart when convenient?

1903 & WU Settings [​IMG]

:)

Crizal, May 22, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 22, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 22, 2019
  4. Rose W Win User

1903 & WU Settings

Cumulative Update KB4497093 for Windows 10 Insider 1903 build 18362.86 Insider

Now I am at .86 via WU this wkend. I had a look in WU on Sat and the .53 was there. Then Sun 5th May .86 was available. So the ABOUT info has 1903 18362.86 but the same KB4497093 is listed in WU for download and it is already installed. I put the updates on pause. I don't want to go on into the next versions and I'm not an insider. I just wanted to see if I could do this routine with uup dump on an extra computer. There were no glitches for me and none of my settings were affected.

Hopefully the 1903 official update will be available sooner than later this month.

Rose W, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1903 & WU Settings

1. 1903 & WU Settings - Similar Threads - 1903 Settings

2. Sound setting after windows 10 update, version 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound setting after windows 10 update, version 1903: Updated to windows 10 version 1903 yesterday, but some sounds of videos/movies are very low. So I open the sound setting, then realized that under the enhancement tab, the options were replaced by 3 new options (night mode, 3D immersion and phantom speaker). Previously, I can...
  3. Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error caused by Win10Pro update to build 1903: Various settings now unavailable: Hi everyone, I'm aware of a few people having a variation of these user privilege issues but a search hasn't shown this one yet. I've tried the various cures recommended elsewhere on the board and none has worked. The system was built fresh onto a new SSD in November...
  4. 1903 update - all folders set back to default and can't customize them

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 update - all folders set back to default and can't customize them: Hi, I recently updated to Windows 10 1903 and after I did, I can no longer customize my folders. All my folders are stuck on “General Items.” I right click on a folder > Properties > Customize > choose anything on the “Optimize this folder” drop down box and click Apply then...
  5. Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings.: I had everything networking together and working great with Win 10 1809 prior to doing the upgrade. Now I'm experiencing some issues. All PC's have upgraded to 1903 and I don't see the other computer PC2 on my main computer which I'll call PC1. But on PC 2 I'll see PC1 under...
  6. Windows 10 1903 can't set minimum log size to 1028

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903 can't set minimum log size to 1028: In my experience, there has always been an error issued when trying to set log sizes to minimum 1028 however it did do it. Since 1903 the Security log can only be set above the default 20480. Setting it to 1028 results in the message below. EDIT: there was a pasted screen...
  7. 1903 changed Fast Startup settings??

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 changed Fast Startup settings??: Has the 1903 update removed the ability to disable Fast Startup? 134756
  8. BioEnrollmentHost.exe failes setting up Windows Hello | Win 1903 updated Brio firmware

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    BioEnrollmentHost.exe failes setting up Windows Hello | Win 1903 updated Brio firmware: Error in eventmgr: Faulting application name: BioEnrollmentHost.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x5c901844 Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x42f071ca Exception code: 0xc000027b Fault offset: 0x00000000000d5cc8 Faulting...
  9. Screensaver doesn't come on at set time Windows 10 ver 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver doesn't come on at set time Windows 10 ver 1903: I have tried setting DISPLAY, SCREEN and all the other settings to enable the screensaver to come on at the set time but nothing happens? I have to close the lid when I leave my laptop alone for awhile...
  10. 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed: I just did a fresh install on 1903 (on 3 different machines) and each machine displays the same result. I go into Settings and it goes from “Ease of Access” to “Search” and then 2 seconds later “Cortana” displays between those two items. It happens every single time I open...