Windows 10: [19042.868] Optimize and Defragment drives no longer functional

Discus and support [19042.868] Optimize and Defragment drives no longer functional in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since early March, the Optimize and Defragment drives program no longer opens, or even makes the attempt to. I have tried to open this through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GSynergy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. [19042.868] Optimize and Defragment drives no longer functional

Ever since early March, the Optimize and Defragment drives program no longer opens, or even makes the attempt to. I have tried to open this through the Properties menu for the disk itself, I also tried opening the "dfrgui.exe" within System32, and even tired launching it with Administrative privileges (I am using this with an Administrator Privileged account as well). I tried as a last resort launching "dfrgui.exe" in Safe Mode, still nothing.

When the attempts have been made to launch it, it simply shows the loading circle with the cursor for a split send (or even half a second), and proceeds to do nothing more. As far as I know, this is the only system program to not launch correctly on my system. I have also checked in the Services within the Microsoft Common Console, and there isn't anything to do with Defragmenting, or Optimization. I have also checked for similar things such as "TRIM" but still no such services in the list.

I have ran chkdsk /r C:, DISM, and even sfc /scannow commands within the Command Processor, which all came back clean and correct. I also ran various antivirus/antimalware scans, which all also came up clean. Is there any way to fix this besides running a 100% clean install of Windows 10? I am unable to obtain the OMEN by HP OEM recovery USB (due to it being a bit expensive) which includes a few proprietary programs not supplied by their driver repository on their product page.

Specs and information:

OMEN by HP laptop

Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build 19042.868 (64-bit)

Intel CPU with Nvidia RTX GPU

Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD, and Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Fast Startup Status: disabled

submitted by /u/GSynergy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GSynergy, Mar 23, 2021

2. defrag and optimize drives

When I go to defrag & optimize drives one of the drives that is listed as "needs optimization" (12% fragmented) is listed as //?/Volume(a27a9b76-0000-0000-0000-40d6e5000000)/ Can I or should I ignore this?

GaryEdelstein, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 23, 2021
  4. [19042.868] Optimize and Defragment drives no longer functional

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

I can't get the Defragment and Optimize Drives to recognize my "C" drive.

When I click on the shortcut (Start menu) in Windows Administrative Tools. Nothing Happens. I tried going through File Manager, click on the Manage Tab, followed by clicking on Optimize button Nothing happens.

The only time I can get it to function is when I have my portable hard drive connected. However, when I click on Defragment and Optimize Drives the only drive showing is my portable hard Drive. The "C" drive does not appear nor is it recognized by the Defrag
    program

EdwardGeer, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

[19042.868] Optimize and Defragment drives no longer functional

1. [19042.868] Optimize and Defragment drives no longer functional - Similar Threads - 19042 868 Optimize

2. Defragment & Optimize Drives not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defragment & Optimize Drives not working: Hi all,I tried to optimize my C drive tonight, but the Defragment & Optimize Drives UI program wouldn't start. I tried the command line version by running defrag c: /U /V and nothing happened. There's no error. After doing some research, I found out there should be an...
  3. Defragment & Optimize Drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defragment & Optimize Drives not working: Hi all,I tried to optimize my C drive tonight, but the Defragment & Optimize Drives UI program wouldn't start. I tried the command line version by running defrag c: /U /V and nothing happened. There's no error. After doing some research, I found out there should be an...
  4. Optimize and Defragment Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize and Defragment Drives: Doing a little system upkeep, like Disc Cleanup, but when I do the Optimize and Defragment Drives, Iobit Advanced system care comes up and does the scan. Is that OK, or should I Exit it, and have the regular scan go?...
  5. Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C: Drive C no longer appears in the Defragmenting and Optimizing Drives App? I only see the Recovery Image. How do I add Drive C back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-and-optimizing-drive-c/c54cedb5-7c13-435b-80b6-5c4419421de6
  6. Defragment and Optimization Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragment and Optimization Tool: Since update to Version 2004, each and any time the Windows Tool to Defragment and Optimize the Hard Drive, I receive an Event Error Message, Event 264, " The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on OS C: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware...
  7. SSD optimize and defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD optimize and defrag: There is a place to set optimize and defrag on or off and to schedule if you wish. However, I have read that Windows does this itself in its own way. So should I turn mine off or leave it set to a month? 130044
  8. Defrag and Optimize

Defrag and Optimize: What is a good optimizer with W10. Thanks 39959
  9. Defragment and Optimize C drive

Defragment and Optimize C drive: I can not get my C drive to optimize. It stays stuck on 6%. I have tried it 5 times and still will not go to O% optimized. [img] 104256
  10. Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10: How to: Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10 How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10 One of the best ways you can improve your PC's performance is by optimizing the drive. Windows includes features to help optimize the different types of drives that PCs...