Windows 10: 19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs?

Discus and support 19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Don't know if this should be Text Support or Bug. Windows 10, Version 22H2 (Os Build 19045.2856). After installing the latest update (April 11 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JillianDoe, Apr 17, 2023.

1. 19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs?

Don't know if this should be Text Support or Bug.

Windows 10, Version 22H2 (Os Build 19045.2856). After installing the latest update (April 11 I guess?) I started noticing that dark-themed programs such as Discord and Photoshop had partial transparency--I could see Firefox and other programs beneath them. It seems as if the page content in Firefox is hidden, but the address bar, my bookmark buttons, tabs, and scroll bars, are all just barely visible. Scrollbars of other programs are very noticeable.

I have had transparency effects disabled in Settings. I enabled them, restarted, disabled them again, restarted, it's still happening--even weirder now, I can see OLD versions of programs, old Firefox tabs seem open when I use Discord as a lens over a brand new Firefox window. Other programs seem open even though they're not open at all.

During restarts, I could see ghost images of these things on my single colour Desktop background, like my monitor had burnt-in images (I do have things open in the same places for days on end; my monitor is an LG 29WK500/50S, don't know if that's even possible with it.) But no, the content of the tabs is from a few minutes ago, before the restarting. It's readable, so it's something else. I'm baffled. I can't take screenshots, the effect vanishes in the snipping tool and print screens...

I don't use dark theme in Windows, either. I use light theme, and just use dark theme on programs when offered.

I'm going to try and update my GPU drivers and go to bed, check responses in the morning...

submitted by /u/JillianDoe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JillianDoe, Apr 17, 2023
  2. Aventinus Win User

Windows 10 (1809): How To Use the Dark Theme for UWX Apps but the Light Theme for win32 Programs?

The latest version of Windows 10 (1809) has added a new feature to Windows Explorer (and various win32 programs). Specifically, if one uses the Dark Theme for UWX apps, the Windows Explorer also turns dark.

Here's an example of how an UWX app looks after enabling the Dark Theme:

19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs? e1nnd.png

Here's an example of how the Windows Explorer looks after enabling the Dark Theme:

19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs? XKRyx.png

However, while I enjoy the dark theme for UWX apps, I prefer using the light theme for Windows Explorer (and other win32 programs).

Question: Is there an option or a "hack" that allows me to use the dark theme for UWX apps, but the light theme for Windows Explorer (and possibly other win32 programs)?

Aventinus, Apr 17, 2023
  3. Dark Theme no longer works after November update

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Let’s try uninstalling/reinstalling the theme and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, locate for the Dark theme, right click on it and click on
      Uninstall.

• Now try installing it again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 17, 2023
  4. 19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs?

File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird

I was able to resolve the issue by following the third method in this link:

Fix: File Explorer Dark Theme Not Working on Windows

After changing my theme to "Windows", I was able to re-apply my color and background while still keeping the dark theme on File Explorer.

ConnorPickles, Apr 17, 2023
Thema:

19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs?

1. 19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs? - Similar Threads - 19045 2846 added

2. Dark Theme Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Theme Issues: Does anyone know of a fix to this issue with Dark Theme?After the latest 22H2 update I cannot seem to find a fix to this.Also, the color black seems to not be supported anymore?...
  3. Dark Theme Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark Theme Issues: Does anyone know of a fix to this issue with Dark Theme?After the latest 22H2 update I cannot seem to find a fix to this.Also, the color black seems to not be supported anymore?...
  4. Dark Theme Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weird transparency issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird transparency issues: So i updated to windows 11 less than an hour ago and already have i found multiple issues most of them are not really a problem to be as they only happen when a setting is on but one if them annoys me so god damn much and i cannot for the life of me get it to go away i have...
  6. Weird transparency issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird transparency issues: So i updated to windows 11 less than an hour ago and already have i found multiple issues most of them are not really a problem to be as they only happen when a setting is on but one if them annoys me so god damn much and i cannot for the life of me get it to go away i have...
  7. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  8. File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird

File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird: When I change my "Default App Mode" in personalisation settings, File Explorer doesn't look like it should:[ATTACH] I seem to remember having a program at one point that changed how file explorer looked (Classic Shell) but I've uninstalled it. I've looked through my list of...
  9. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e
  10. Dark themes

Dark themes: Been looking for a theme where the individual windows have a black background like the high contrast themes but these look a little clunky. I have started using high contrast themes as the large areas of white in normal themes hurt my eyes . Any ideas? 33319