Windows 10: 1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness

Discus and support 1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Really sick that this is always default on laptops. It is turned off in the intel settings but the screen brightness still changes. This is EXTREMELY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by soapman666, Jun 11, 2019.

1. 1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness

Really sick that this is always default on laptops. It is turned off in the intel settings but the screen brightness still changes. This is EXTREMELY frustrating as a graphics designer as i am zooming in and out of dark and light areas and the screen is constantly changing. Makes working on my laptop VERY taxing.

I have checked under settings and display, power options as well as the intel settings. I noticed that in the WIN10 settings the box is not longer available to turn off.

Am i missing something? i am open to any ideas my eyes are killing me 1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness :(

:)

soapman666, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Logan-0 Win User

How to turn off adaptive brightness?

Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago.

The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked.

• I've updated the graphics driver
    • rolled back said driver
    • tried looking in the BIOS (which there are no brightness settings anyway)
    • restarted the laptop
    • shut down and turned on the laptop
    • gone into power settings and turned off adaptive brightness On Battery and Plugged In
    • tried downloading a new graphics driver
    • looked into windows settings with no checkmark to disable adaptive brightness
    • turned on high video performance
    • tried to find Adaptive Brightness in services and disable it (it didn't seem to exist)
    almost everything I've seen but none have helped. the laptop is for work and entertainment and I'd like to use it at full brightness most of the time, please help.

Thank you in advance.

Logan-0, Jun 11, 2019
  3. daniel1 Win User
    No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:

My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the screen gets so dark. Also every option windows normally has to switch it off is gone. Not greyed out, it's just not there (Both in the legacy power options and in te new UI).

Around the same time it happend that windows decided to get rid of the old power profiles and instead only show the "balanced" one that comes with the power options slider when you click on the battery icon in the tray. I had that briefly and then the slider disappeard along with the option of turning adaptive brightness OFF.

This makes me MAD.
    • I deleted and restored the default power plans in several ways
    • I changed all (all I found, though) corresponding registry entries to disable adaptive brightness
    • I checked the registry for the the option to show the switching-option being ENABLED
    • I even stopped the windows service for the ambient light sensor

No change. Any Wizards around? *Shock

Daniel

daniel1, Jun 11, 2019
  4. 1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness

Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness

1. 1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness - Similar Threads - 1908 Cannot turn

2. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  3. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  4. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can not turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can not turn off adaptive brightness: PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING So I recently bought an Acer Swift 1. It has Intel UHD 605 integrated graphics. Windows 64, version 1909, build 18363.1379. I don't need it to do much, so please no trash talk about its specs lol. The only issue I'm having is the...
  6. Turning off adaptive brightness

Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  7. Can’t turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t turn off adaptive brightness: The feature is not in my display settings nor under display in power options. I have installed all the latest drives for both my gta 1070 and asus vg27wq submitted by /u/Bergfinn-al-Duri [link] [comments]...
  8. Cannot turn off adaptive brightness, tried everything

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot turn off adaptive brightness, tried everything: Hello everyone, Today my computer turned on adaptive brightness setting. [email protected]#$ So: - I do not have this setting under 'Display' in advanced power settings - There is no way of turning this off in registry editor, as the folders related to adaptive brightness...
  9. Cannot turn off adaptive brightness, tried everything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot turn off adaptive brightness, tried everything: Hello everyone, Today my computer turned on adaptive brightness setting. [email protected]#$ So: - I do not have this setting under 'Display' in advanced power settings - There is no way of turning this off in registry editor, as the folders related to adaptive brightness...
  10. How to turn off adaptive brightness?

How to turn off adaptive brightness?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago. The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cants turn off adaptive brightness

2. windows 10 v 1908

3. precision M3800 brightness issues

4. windows update 1908 took my adaptive brightness away