Windows 10: 1909 build of windows 10 will not install.

Discus and support 1909 build of windows 10 will not install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't update to the 1909 build, no matter what I do. The previous 1903 build gave me the option of choosing a time/date, which I did, & then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Greyhairedoldlady, Mar 15, 2020.

1. 1909 build of windows 10 will not install.

I can't update to the 1909 build, no matter what I do. The previous 1903 build gave me the option of choosing a time/date, which I did, & then it promptly disappeared as an option! When the 1909 came along, I hit update now... and after hours & hours, it shut itself off, even though it wasn't supposed to do so. When I rebooted, I got a black screen telling me the install had failed & then the circle of doom going around for eons more while all the changes were reversed. So then there was no option to back up -nothing to click on to retry, so I downloaded Windows 10 Update assistant, which I've tried twice now for hours & hours again with the same result.

I'm stuck in the 1809 version, for which service will soon end May 2010 as MS keeps telling me.

WTFreak do I do?

Please don't tell me a pile of fancy coding -I have no time & unless instructions are detailed & precise -NOT "Navigate to" etc. nonsense -how the freak do I know what you mean unless you tell me! One time, some twit told me to "navigate to" a particular folder -yeah, right... exactly how? What is the pathway, etc. etc. We are not mind readers! Kind of like my fool husband who stands there staring at his sock drawer & then at me expecting some sort of answer to some sort of telepathically-relayed question. No, I do not know what you want.

I do not want to "open powershell" "type in blah-blah-blah crud" -I have no idea how to do that or what if I'm doing will crash my PC or not. My rule: If I don't understand it, learn it or avoid it. I have no time to learn it.

Yes, irritated, frustrated... going to get Chromebook tomorrow so I can keep in touch with elderly mother stuck in another country. Will N-E-V-E-R again get anything MS/Windows on a computer once this one has gone to PC heaven. Would sooner learn Linux.

:)

Greyhairedoldlady, Mar 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 15, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 15, 2020
  4. 1909 build of windows 10 will not install.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1909 build of windows 10 will not install.

1. 1909 build of windows 10 will not install. - Similar Threads - 1909 build install

2. cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909: I have a major problem.AFter i create a bootable pendrive and set it to boot prority my pc just doest enter the windows set up screen instead after showing motherboard logo it just restarts.I cant enter the windows set up screen which usually appears.Its the same with windows...
  3. cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909: I have a major problem.AFter i create a bootable pendrive and set it to boot prority my pc just doest enter the windows set up screen instead after showing motherboard logo it just restarts.I cant enter the windows set up screen which usually appears.Its the same with windows...
  4. cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909

No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909: Some context: I downgraded from Windows 10 20h2 because explorer.exe needed 5 minutes to start. Recently I wanted to enable Cortana. There was no 'Hey Cortana' settings. I downloaded the Cortana app from the MS Store. When I open the app it just says: "Thanks for taking an...
  6. No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909: Some context: I downgraded from Windows 10 20h2 because explorer.exe needed 5 minutes to start. Recently I wanted to enable Cortana. There was no 'Hey Cortana' settings. I downloaded the Cortana app from the MS Store. When I open the app it just says: "Thanks for taking an...
  7. Windows 10 1511 to build 1909

Windows 10 1511 to build 1909: Is it possible to go from build 1511 to Build 1909? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1511-to-build-1909/0375d3dd-cbac-402e-bb31-48d983760c48
  8. Windows 10 x64 Build 1909 Install Problems

Windows 10 x64 Build 1909 Install Problems: Ok so I have a Gateway laptop that is currently running Build 1803 x64. When I received it the main profile was corrupt so I repaired that issue by making another profile and migrating any personal data to the new account. Then I checked windows update and discovered that...
  9. Install Applications on Windows 10 64Bit Build 1909

Install Applications on Windows 10 64Bit Build 1909: I installed the new Build 1909 on my PC (new install not an upgrade). After completion I tried to install the new Malewarebytes version 4. Installation failed. Then I go back to release 3.8.3 this one installed but failed to start with an error missing entry point in a...
  10. Install Applications on Windows 10 64Bit Build 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Applications on Windows 10 64Bit Build 1909: I installed the new Build 1909 on my PC (new install not an upgrade). After completion I tried to install the new Malewarebytes version 4. Installation failed. Then I go back to release 3.8.3 this one installed but failed to start with an error missing entry point in a...