Windows 10: (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.

Discus and support (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So I have had this issue for quite a while now and I thought it was going to resolve on its own but it has been a year and nothing I've done has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Sora, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Sora Win User

(1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.

So I have had this issue for quite a while now and I thought it was going to resolve on its own but it has been a year and nothing I've done has successfully allowed me to delete this folder that I obviously do not need no more.

The story goes like this: I had to do an emergency drive change because the boot file got corrupted (BCDBoot file) on my previous win install but I didn't want to lose my files, so Instead of re formatting my previous C: drive which is now D:, I grabbed another 180GB disk I had laying around and I plugged it into my PC and I installed win 10 on it without toching the other drive, everything was fine when it finished installing I had a new win install on C: and I just removed the Windows folder from the now D; drive, but it wouldn't let me delete a specific folder called "System Volume Information" now Im pretty sure I need this folder because it keeps "creating" files in there (Last modified on 2.5.2020) but I'm pretty sure I do not need the folder " System Restore" that is holding a bunch of outdated drivers/ windows app pacakges from 2017, I attached an image for you to see more clearly what I mean.

This folder structure also exists on my C: drive, and its empty, as you can see the files on "system restore" on D: drive have not been modified since 3 years ago... and I cannot delete the contents of that folder, trying to delete them from Treesize Free just shows me they're being deleted but they go back to where they were .

(1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive. [​IMG]

I'm trying to get rid of the folder for cleanup purposes, I just want to use D: as a "data holder" now and I want to errase tracks of the previous OS, but formatting is not an option because I have almost 1Tb worth of important data there and I have nowhere else to transfer it to in the meantime I do a format.

:)

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Feb 13, 2020
  3. hooked Win User
    I have D Drive and D System Folder - Want to get rid of System Folder

I'm attaching a screenshot with notes - it will tell you/show you better than I can explain here.
    Bottom line, I wanted my Pictures folder on Drive D - not C. My goal was/is to have all Data files on drive D and all Windows and config type files on drive C.
    I have just one physical drive, but partitioned it so D was about 65% and C about 35% of a 1TB drive.

When I created the Pictures folder on D, Windowss 10 Pro asked me a couple of weird questions, but I just said, Whatever Microsoft!! and went ahead.
    I've not really had any problems, but it's a bit confusing to do a list of This PC and see both the D drive and the D system folder.
    I've just made a restore point, and I'm going to try to delete the system folder, logged in as Admin. But I want to hear you guys and your thoughts before I proceed.

Thanks,
    (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive. [​IMG]

hooked, Feb 13, 2020
  4. (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

(1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.

1. (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive. - Similar Threads - 1909 Can't rid

2. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to restore my system to a previous restore point recently but this failed IDK why but no problem, my problem was fixed..But I found that the C drive became filled with 20 GB out of nowhere... After searching in this problem I found that a...
  3. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to restore my system to a previous restore point recently but this failed IDK why but no problem, my problem was fixed..But I found that the C drive became filled with 20 GB out of nowhere... After searching in this problem I found that a...
  4. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive: As shown I have 6 drives with this mysterious CD Drive not showing up. I also already uninstalled all VD'sexcept for MS Virtual Drive and it still won't leave. ALso when I try to eject I get an error message. Lastly it doesn't show up in Diskpart either....
  6. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive: As shown I have 6 drives with this mysterious CD Drive not showing up. I also already uninstalled all VD'sexcept for MS Virtual Drive and it still won't leave. ALso when I try to eject I get an error message. Lastly it doesn't show up in Diskpart either....
  7. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Getting rid of a drive

Getting rid of a drive: I have an issue where I upgraded my pc and decided to ditch my hard drive. Now Im trying to redownload mincecraft and am unable to because it was downloaded on my old drive. So when I try to run the setup I select C drive as the location, yet I get a pop up saying E drive is...
  9. Can't get rid of a drive

Can't get rid of a drive: I have a drive that I can't get rid of. It is not listed in the Disk Management app, but it is still listed in the "This PC". How do I get rid of it? It was a drive at one point in time....
  10. I have D Drive and D System Folder - Want to get rid of System Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I have D Drive and D System Folder - Want to get rid of System Folder: I'm attaching a screenshot with notes - it will tell you/show you better than I can explain here. Bottom line, I wanted my Pictures folder on Drive D - not C. My goal was/is to have all Data files on drive D and all Windows and config type files on drive C. I have just one...