Windows 10: 1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

Discus and support 1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to uninstall the new feature update 1909 because it slowed my computer. What is causing this?????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RolyTK, Dec 21, 2019.

1. RolyTK Win User

1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

I had to uninstall the new feature update 1909 because it slowed my computer. What is causing this?????

:)

RolyTK, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Curious Win User

Windows update downloads slow system to a crawl

I can always tell when Windows update is downloading updates. The entire laptop (8 GB ram and fast FIOS insternet) slows down to a crawl for most of that day. It becomes painfully slow to use.
    Is there anything I can do about that?

Curious, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Steve Win User
    Hard Drive slowing to a crawl

About a month or so ago I built a new PC for myself, I currently have an SSD that I had as a secondary drive in my previous PC as the main C:\ drive, a brand new 3TB Toshiba HDD as my E:\ drive and the main drive of my previous PC as F:\

The brand new 3TB Toshiba HDD has slown to a crawl on both read and write access. Currently I have 296GiB/2.72TiB used up, so masses of free space.

After running Crystal Disk Mark on the drive I got 1MB/s read and 0.8MB/s write speed.

Crystal Disk Info has given me this diagnostics info and says that the status of all drives is good.

-- Controller Map ----------------------------------------------------------

• Standard SATA AHCI Controller [ATA]
      • SAMSUNG HD103SI
    • Standard SATA AHCI Controller [ATA]
      • TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AB
      • SanDisk SDSSDHII480G
      • TOSHIBA DT01ACA300
    • Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller [SCSI]

-- Disk List ---------------------------------------------------------------

1. SanDisk SDSSDHII480G : 480.1 GB [0/0/0, pd1] - sd
    2. TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 : 3000.5 GB [1/0/0, pd1]
    3. SAMSUNG HD103SI : 1000.2 GB [2/1/0, pd1]

(2) TOSHIBA DT01ACA300

I am running Windows 10, my PSU is 630W, so that shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas as to why it's running so slowly and if I can do anything about it?

Update:
    This seems to be intermittent, I tried to open a game on that drive about an hour ago and it hung before it had even gone full-screen or loaded anything, I checked the hard drive with CrystalDiskMark and it didn't even start the test after several minutes. I restarted my PC and it loaded the game almost instantly.

Steve, Dec 21, 2019
  4. 1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

One program crawling after Windows Creator Updates

My MRP /Enterprise software has slowed to a crawl immediately after the Windows 10 Creator Updates last week. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PamPaolucci, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

1. 1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl - Similar Threads - 1909 Feature update

2. Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl...: Hello, recently my HP laptop running the most recent version of Windows 10 has been slowing down in weird ways. Every device function that isn't clicking or typing has slowed down significantly despite multiple restarts, ample hard drive space and it being free of malware as...
  3. Toshiba laptop freezing after Windows feature update to 1909

Toshiba laptop freezing after Windows feature update to 1909: My wife has a Toshiba L635 Satellite laptop and we made the mistake of updating to Window s 10 1909 recently. The system now freezes randomly making it almost unusable. I originally thought the issue was a failing HD so replaced it with a newer SSD and installed Windows 10...
  4. What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl: All Discovered two Win 10 v1909 machines started displaying the same bizarre lock/freeze/hang pretty much at the same time. Symptoms are the same for both - boot up, work on the machine for 5-10 minutes and all of sudden everything grinds to a halt. Hard freeze. Cannot...
  5. What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Going on? Win 10 1909 on two machines slows to a crawl: All Discovered two Win 10 v1909 machines started displaying the same bizarre lock/freeze/hang pretty much at the same time. Symptoms are the same for both - boot up, work on the machine for 5-10 minutes and all of sudden everything grinds to a halt. Hard freeze. Cannot...
  6. Computer slows down after Feature update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer slows down after Feature update 1909: Anyone have this issue where the computer slows down after installing the latest update, happened on both my computers. It especially affects the loading of grafic images....
  7. 100% HDD slowing laptop to a crawl

100% HDD slowing laptop to a crawl: Hi, I have just bought a brand new HP Laptop 8 Gig RAM, 7th gen i7 Intel, 2 TB HDD. Currently it"s not running much software & that annoying 100% HDD usage has already appeared. I have already increased the virtual RAM ( should be necessary with these specs). This problem...
  8. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl: Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241. OS: Windows 10 x64 (Pre Installed) ISP: Suddenlink WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router (WNDR3400v3). Firmware version V1.0.0.38_1.0.40 I get a low speed of 0.3 Mbps on the laptop through WiFi whereas the same WiFi...
  9. Windows update downloads slow system to a crawl

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows update downloads slow system to a crawl: I can always tell when Windows update is downloading updates. The entire laptop (8 GB ram and fast FIOS insternet) slows down to a crawl for most of that day. It becomes painfully slow to use. Is there anything I can do about that? 99260
  10. Startup slowed to a crawl

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup slowed to a crawl: Hi Everyone, I haven't been here for quite some time. About a week ago something changed with my Windows 10 startup. Everything seems to begin smoothly until the final blue screen finishes. There was usually a slight pause before the desktop appears but now just before my...