Windows 10: 1909-GameInput Redis. Crashes caused by Windows?

Discus and support 1909-GameInput Redis. Crashes caused by Windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I built my PC earlier this month with all new parts (R5 3600, AMD 5700XT, Corsair SF600 Platinum) and have been having issues from day one. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gravelly, May 18, 2020.

1. gravelly Win User

1909-GameInput Redis. Crashes caused by Windows?

Hi

I built my PC earlier this month with all new parts (R5 3600, AMD 5700XT, Corsair SF600 Platinum) and have been having issues from day one. The issue is that in games, occasionally and not repeatably games will hang/black screen, audio will continue and then PC will hard reboot without BSOD. I can have hours of stability or minutes and it does not appear to be connect with GPU load or heat as my temps are fine and it happens in games with <50% GPU load.

I have reached a point where I am almost convinced it's my GPU and AMD driver issues but in interest of completeness I've been trying to eliminate all other options. I have so far tested CPU- fine under load, PSU-survives OCCT power test over prolonged period, Memory- MemTest (one stick is faulty and I am RMAing the kit but for now I am running the one 8GB stick that passes).

In my testing I have noted that in Reliability Monitor, along with crash info, almost every reboot I am getting 'GameInput Redistributable 'successful application reconfiguration'. This happens for both hard reboots and elective reboots. Is this normal activity and could it be interfering with either my GPU or Radeon software causing reboots? Information on this software seems scarce online but seems to be part of either MS core gaming software or the Xbox PC app.

I have searched and others appear to be having this issue (possibly after the April cumulative update) but can see no fixes.

I have done the boilerplate SFC and DISM recommendations.

Useful images below:

1909-GameInput Redis. Crashes caused by Windows? [​IMG]

1909-GameInput Redis. Crashes caused by Windows? [​IMG]

:)

gravelly, May 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 18, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 18, 2020
  4. 1909-GameInput Redis. Crashes caused by Windows?

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1909-GameInput Redis. Crashes caused by Windows?

1. 1909-GameInput Redis. Crashes caused by Windows? - Similar Threads - 1909 GameInput Redis

2. GameInput crashing my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GameInput crashing my pc: Whilst playing games recently my pc has crashed multiple times, after checking the reliability history i see a that microsoft GameInput successfully reconfigures at exactly the same time the pc crashes and creates a critical event notice of windows not shutting down...
  3. Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD: Hello, I've been getting blue screens for about six months. And when I checked the reliability monitor, it showed that Microsoft GameInput was causing this problem. I searched on that issue but couldn't find a fix for it. I added the files to my minidump folder. Because of...
  4. Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD: Hello, I've been getting blue screens for about six months. And when I checked the reliability monitor, it showed that Microsoft GameInput was causing this problem. I searched on that issue but couldn't find a fix for it. I added the files to my minidump folder. Because of...
  5. Microsoft Gameinput Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Gameinput Crashes: Is Microsoft going to patch the crashes caused by gameinput reconfiguring and crashing many peoples devices mid game? Im sure people who pay 15 dollars a month for game pass would like to enjoy their subscription to the service and be able to play on xbox and PC. I guess...
  6. Microsoft Gameinput Crashes

Microsoft Gameinput Crashes: Is Microsoft going to patch the crashes caused by gameinput reconfiguring and crashing many peoples devices mid game? Im sure people who pay 15 dollars a month for game pass would like to enjoy their subscription to the service and be able to play on xbox and PC. I guess...
  7. Microsoft GameInput crashing PC

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft GameInput crashing PC: [ATTACH]As per reports, Microsoft GameInput is crashing their PC – sometimes even causing BSOD. According to the affected users, Windows computer crashes when playing a game, when they checked the Reliability Monitor, they found out that the issue is related to Microsoft...
  8. Microsoft GameInput causes computer to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput causes computer to restart: Hello!My computer has been crashing and restarting lately, and I believe I found the cause considering both the crash and Microsoft GameInput have the same hour and date in Reliability Monitor."Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Microsoft GameInput....
  9. Microsoft GameInput causes computer to restart

Microsoft GameInput causes computer to restart: Hello!My computer has been crashing and restarting lately, and I believe I found the cause considering both the crash and Microsoft GameInput have the same hour and date in Reliability Monitor."Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Microsoft GameInput....
  10. Microsoft GameInput causes laptop to freeze.

Microsoft GameInput causes laptop to freeze.: Lately, I've noticed my laptop freezing while I'm in the middle of playing games notably it's happened with Borderlands 3 and Final Fantasy XIV and upon checking my Reliability Monitor, I notice that a freeze is always preceded by Microsoft GameInput performing a "Successful...