Windows 10: 1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager

Discus and support 1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Just a quick little note.... The Device Manager will now update your motherboard BIOS firmware just like any other driver Nice because it works well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 21, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager

Just a quick little note....

The Device Manager will now update your motherboard BIOS firmware just like any other driver

Nice because it works well in my limited experience (twice) and takes all the trepidation of possible bricking your motherboard because you updated the BIOS

Before this update it showed only 3 cores, now it shows all 12 threads

1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager [​IMG]

1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager [​IMG]

:)

Brink, May 21, 2020

2. Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Microsoft does not upgrade BIOS firmware you have to install the BIOS firmware from your computer manufacturer website.

Use the following steps to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Check the Hyper-V option making sure: Hyper-V Management Tools and Hyper-V Platform are also selected.
    • Click OK to begin the process.

FreeBooter, May 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 21, 2020
  4. 1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager

PS3 and PSP firmware updated

Sony has updated the firmware for its two most recent consoles, with a few improvements for each. The PS3 firmware has been updated to version 1.70, which will enable gamers to play PS1 software purchased from the PlayStation Store (previously only playable on the PSP) and will allow the use of the vibration function of accessories when playing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles (not PS3 games unfortunately, but a step forwards). The PlayStation Store still lists all classic titles as being for the PSP, but this may be changed when it’s updated later this week. As for the PSP, the firmware has been updated to version 3.40, with the most noticeable changes being improved support for PlayStation Network titles and a changed method for managing certificates under [Game]. Apparently with the new firmware, gamers can share save data between both consoles allowing PS1 titles to be continued on the move and at home.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager

1. 1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager - Similar Threads - 1909 has BIOS

2. Device Manager shows duplicated firmware driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Manager shows duplicated firmware driver: Hello dear, i have unfamiliar situation with Device Manager which is showing many drivers, some are duplicated drivers and others i never seen before and i am kind of suspicious about them.i notice that after getting help with some driver software finder, then i tried to...
  3. Device Manager Firmware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Firmware: I upgraded my BIOS to version 1.4.1 which is displayed in system information but when I check under the firmware category in device manager there are 2 device firmware and one system firmware of version 1.3.1. Its a dell inspiron 5000...
  4. 1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager

1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager: Just a quick little note.... The Device Manager will now update your motherboard BIOS firmware just like any other driver Nice because it works well in my limited experience (twice) and takes all the trepidation of possible bricking your motherboard because you updated the...
  5. Device manager auto updates into faulty bios

Device manager auto updates into faulty bios: Hi, I could really use some help. Last night, I opened up device manager and updated everything on there without realizing firmware and bios are the same things. So, I updated the firmware in the device manager then it required me to restart my computer. After shutting...
  6. BIOS firmware / security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS firmware / security: How do I access my BIOS firmware to determine if my hardware initialization during the booting process, operating systems and programs are secure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-firmware-security/a5ab6872-7d40-4837-ab57-f9b3df346f7f
  7. Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909

Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909: Windows update did a feature update on my laptop. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512 laptop. After the update the touch pad stopped working. The laptop has an ELAN touch pad. I tried activating and deactivating the touch pad on/off switch on the keyboard. Also tried to uninstall...
  8. Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909: Windows update did a feature update on my laptop. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512 laptop. After the update the touch pad stopped working. The laptop has an ELAN touch pad. I tried activating and deactivating the touch pad on/off switch on the keyboard. Also tried to uninstall...
  9. feature update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    feature update 1909: is it reliable should I update it or has it any bugs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-1909/dbe7bb14-73e3-4296-84ad-fc0c3e38603e
  10. System Firmware in Device Manager

System Firmware in Device Manager: I'm not used to using the board. Also, forgive me if the question was already asked, but I had not find anything on it. My driver for System Firmware listed under the Device Manager is version 10.0.17134.1 (21/6/2006). Someone brought to my attention that there should have...