Windows 10: 1909 killed my webcam and MS doesnt care

Discus and support 1909 killed my webcam and MS doesnt care in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; the win10 1909 update killed the webcam on many laptops and microsoft doesnt seem to care or even acknowledge the problem. i can pop in a linux distro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadwsam, Mar 25, 2020.

1. 1909 killed my webcam and MS doesnt care

the win10 1909 update killed the webcam on many laptops and microsoft doesnt seem to care or even acknowledge the problem. i can pop in a linux distro and the camera works fine. i can load a 1903 backup and the camera works. 1909 broke the camera and i need a fix!

submitted by /u/dadwsam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadwsam, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Laurijan Win User

Webcam feature in Win7?

I downloaded it but it doesnt let me import the picture of my webcam - the list is empty

Laurijan, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 25, 2020
  4. deving Win User

1909 killed my webcam and MS doesnt care

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1909 killed my webcam and MS doesnt care

1. 1909 killed my webcam and MS doesnt care - Similar Threads - 1909 killed webcam

2. Why is MS killing my Surface Pro 9 with updates+

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is MS killing my Surface Pro 9 with updates+: Everytime MS releases a new update my bluetooth keyboard and mouse will not connect without rebooting the tablet. Today an update killed off my wifi adapter. When will we get working updates from MS?I am having to turn off automatic updates so I can get some work accomplshed....
  3. No one at MS cares I guess............

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No one at MS cares I guess............: Have Win10 upgrade from Win8. So, the activation is digital now.Had to buy a new MB, CPU, and Ram so I meet standards for Win11. BIG MISTAKEWin10 0n MBR SSD which needs to convert to GPT so that Secure Boot works in UEFI bios.I can convert to GPT, but SSD won't boot. So, I'm...
  4. No one at MS cares I guess............

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No one at MS cares I guess............: Have Win10 upgrade from Win8. So, the activation is digital now.Had to buy a new MB, CPU, and Ram so I meet standards for Win11. BIG MISTAKEWin10 0n MBR SSD which needs to convert to GPT so that Secure Boot works in UEFI bios.I can convert to GPT, but SSD won't boot. So, I'm...
  5. No one at MS cares I guess............

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. webcam doesnt work PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    webcam doesnt work PLEASE HELP: So i bought a webcam for my pc a few months ago and mostly it works fine but sometimes it just stops working at all like it gets recognized as a camera i can select it but it just shows nothing it shows black i literally got a test in 2 hours and i need a camera for it...
  7. wifi doesnt work 1909 1863.778

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wifi doesnt work 1909 1863.778: I'm getting this huge problem where my PC identify the networks but can't connect with them. And I simply can't solve this because I DONT HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO INTERNET THIS IS RUINING MY LIFE I HAVE A LOT OF STUFF TO DO AND NOBODY ANYWHERE CAN HELP ME. Since you want to be...
  8. Windows 10 update 1909 killed my RTX GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update 1909 killed my RTX GPU: Hello everyone. I have a fairly new purchased within the last 6 months HP Omen laptop with an NVidia RTX 2070 GPU. After installing the 1909 update, my computer no longer recognizes that I have a GPU at all. The keyboard shortcuts to dim/brighten the screen no longer work....
  9. Anyone with 1909 suddenly webcam not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone with 1909 suddenly webcam not working?: Topic, when I need to video call, my webcam is not detected. It didn’t happen with 1903, but I haven’t tried to revert back to 1903 yet for now. I will do it later tonight after work hours. submitted by /u/EdgarDrake [link] [comments]...
  10. Today's MS Updates kill apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Today's MS Updates kill apps: WUP, KB3038930, KB3040021, KB3021952 and one AMD Radeon HD 5450 installed today. Daum PotPlayer for playing videos, etc., Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 and AudioDirector 5 fail to open now. 4256